Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
Items that are special to you.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:10 pm
What items are so important to you that you'd never part with them no matter what? The ones that have more sentimental value than just looking pretty in pixels?

For me I would have to say it is my signature laurels and hermes moon above all. I had a friend that I saw as my sister, we were so much alike that we had even chose to wear the same laurel and hermes moon combination. It was my first, and ironically last two item quests that I completed as of today. She wasn't a dark elf of course, but still whee .

Well, a long while back she was in a relationship with a nice guy who was also a good gaia friend of mine named J. That is until he passed away. The effect hit her so hard that she left gaia for good. I wear these items to honor her, and to honor my fallen friend. Every now and then I get people that ask why I never remove them, so I thought I'd share just why they are a permanent thing for me.

But what about you all? Surely there is something that you don't have just for cosmetic appearance. Even if you don't always wear it like myself. Feel free to share.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:38 pm
Hmm...for me there are a few...
My original angelic sash. It was a gift from a friend who passed. I toyed with the idea of giving it as a prize here in the guild once. In the end I just couldn't and I bought another to give instead. It's still on my Fate account. crying

Oddly enough, when I moved to this account I found an unopened letter from that month sitting in the storage of my inventory here. I must have stored it back when this was my main and forgotten about it.

My Vampiredraculina doll. Vampy sold it to me as one of the very few who went to her friends. It was extremely precious and meaningful to me. Sadly it's also on Fate still and there are only 25 of it on Gaia.

And I have so many gifts from friends that I will never part with. EVER. <3333  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:41 pm
Neshira Namea Returns
My original angelic sash. It was a gift from a friend who passed. I toyed with the idea of giving it as a prize here in the guild once. In the end I just couldn't and I bought another to give instead. It's still on my Fate account. crying

Oddly enough, when I moved to this account I found an unopened letter from that month sitting in the storage of my inventory here. I must have stored it back when this was my main and forgotten about it.

My Vampiredraculina doll. Vampy sold it to me as one of the very few who went to her friends. It was extremely precious and meaningful to me. Sadly it's also on Fate still and there are only 25 of it on Gaia.

That scarf you gave me is actually part of my Personal soulbound collection for sure. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:45 pm
Darius Runan
Neshira Namea Returns

That scarf you gave me is actually part of my Personal soulbound collection for sure. smile

Awww yay!!! I'm so glad. ^_^
I think I want to do an "oldbie" giveaway here in the guild soon. All items (or recolours of items) from pre 2010. <3  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:49 pm
Neshira Namea Returns
Darius Runan
Neshira Namea Returns

I think I want to do an "oldbie" giveaway here in the guild soon. All items (or recolours of items) from pre 2010. <3

Pfft. That's not oldbie, that's middle agebie razz

But really that sounds like an interesting idea. I have stuff from old school events pre-2010 that may be helpful too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:55 pm
Darius Runan
Neshira Namea Returns
Darius Runan
Neshira Namea Returns

Pfft. That's not oldbie, that's middle agebie razz

But really that sounds like an interesting idea. I have stuff from old school events pre-2010 that may be helpful too.

I know it's not that old but I think sadly we're amoung the few left who were around back then. We're both 2003 gaians but I don't think many are left.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:05 pm
Neshira Namea Returns

Gotta say, I never expected Arwen to leave. Though I am still friends with Wizard who's a fellow 2003 Gaian.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:07 pm
Darius Runan
Neshira Namea Returns

Gotta say, I never expected Arwen to leave. Though I am still friends with Wizard who's a fellow 2003 Gaian.

Yeah...so many people were driven away. I hope Lanzer's improvements bring some back.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:32 am
Neshira Namea Returns

Yeah...so many people were driven away. I hope Lanzer's improvements bring some back.

Sorry to just barge in without properly introducing myself to the Guild (I've been working out a post for the introduction thread, but I've been all over the shop lately...) but I'm 100% with you on this. I was having a discussion with one of my Gaia friends recently about how a lot of the users you see being active around nowadays tend to be loyal users previously so invested in the site that we've been sticking around, hoping for things to improve. You almost have to be previously invested, either with money, ties you've formed, time you've spent or all of the above. Unfortunately, we've been gradually dropping off and a few of my favorite users have left.

I'm hoping some of them come back, too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:37 am
Vishkah
Neshira Namea Returns

Sorry to just barge in without properly introducing myself to the Guild (I've been working out a post for the introduction thread, but I've been all over the shop lately...) but I'm 100% with you on this. I was having a discussion with one of my Gaia friends recently about how a lot of the users you see being active around nowadays tend to be loyal users previously so invested in the site that we've been sticking around, hoping for things to improve. You almost have to be previously invested, either with money, ties you've formed, time you've spent or all of the above. Unfortunately, we've been gradually dropping off and a few of my favorite users have left.

I'm hoping some of them come back, too.

Yup. I've seen so many new users start the site recently that quit after two weeks because they just couldn't take it. It's really sad.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:17 pm
If we wanna do an oldie giveaway I am prepared for that. I've got tons of stuff. I was thinking about doing something oldie related for this year's Gaia Anniversary but haven't sat down to consider what to do. Wish Flynn would update with some '03 and '04 items so I can grab some of those.

I've been busy with things this weekend so I'll hop over to the Revo-Lottery and get started with graphics and suggestions soon.

I have whiplash of sorts. My neck and shoulders are stiff as hell and I'm uncomfortable. It might have been from holding my practice grand baby for too long in the same position. gonk
Practice grand baby! Bosses baby. I'm too old for a new one and too young to be a granny. xp Eff that noise emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:22 pm
User Image
A few years back I would've said Mercury's Moon and Cloud Iridescence (actually, I think I did say that, once xp ). I think I'd still include Mercury's Moon in the list because IIRC it was the first (and one of pretty few) items that I actively quested for, in the sense that I vended and Booty-Grabbed my way up to way more than I'd normally have spent on a single item, specifically to buy it. xd

I don't think I'd ever get rid of my Wanklets, Golden Laurels, or Horns of the Demon (or at least, I would only sell them if I ended up with extras somehow). I spent years coveting those items at a time when they were hopelessly expensive, and when they re-released them and they became fairly cheap I was finally able to get my grubby hands on 'em. Those were always my favorite items to use in the early days of Tektek, which eventually made me decide to join Gaia.

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:07 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image
A few years back I would've said Mercury's Moon and Cloud Iridescence (actually, I think I did say that, once xp ). I think I'd still include Mercury's Moon in the list because IIRC it was the first (and one of pretty few) items that I actively quested for, in the sense that I vended and Booty-Grabbed my way up to way more than I'd normally have spent on a single item, specifically to buy it. xd

I don't think I'd ever get rid of my Wanklets, Golden Laurels, or Horns of the Demon (or at least, I would only sell them if I ended up with extras somehow). I spent years coveting those items at a time when they were hopelessly expensive, and when they re-released them and they became fairly cheap I was finally able to get my grubby hands on 'em. Those were always my favorite items to use in the early days of Tektek, which eventually made me decide to join Gaia.

I still think they jumped the gun on the Tektek incident. I didn't use it much myself outside of the quest bar generator program that was available back then.

The exodus as a result is still talked about on recolor.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:30 pm
Darius Runan
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

I still think they jumped the gun on the Tektek incident. I didn't use it much myself outside of the quest bar generator program that was available back then.

The exodus as a result is still talked about on recolor.

User Image
I agree, I found the Tektek thing pretty heavy-handed. I probably never would have joined Gaia if not for the dream avi creator; I'd known about this place since 2003 but wasn't really interested until I'd spent several months playing around on Tektek. God I loved those Wanklets. xd

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:21 pm
My bunny slippers that were on my other account.
I was questing them and when I finally got up to a billion gold some random person gave me them because they never wore them anymore.
It was really nice to have someone gift me such a rare and expensive item.

My other items, anything rainbow, pink, or bubblegum because those are my favorite schemes. User Image  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games