Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:56 pm
Jordan relaxed a little at the reassurance that it wasn't troublesome. The offer of asking questions was pretty much irresistible. He checked around them, looking towards the door first to make sure nobody was coming in just then who might need to be waited on, and then asked, "What styles of magic are you aware of being effective?"

He glanced automatically at his own watch, mirroring the gesture without thinking about it. "That'd be awesome. What would be a good time? I've got classes and stuff, but there's some wiggle room."

iloveyouDIE
oops it's my turn here eheheh ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:21 pm
"Next day you've got free," He motioned to the other's phone, "You've got my number. I'm not adverse to texts."

He also cast his eyes to the door, following Jordan's glance out of sheer habit. With the magic question he crossed his arms to think, head bobbing lightly to the side, "Effective? I can't say any is.. Unless you mean in operation... what method works best..?"

Alg scratched his jaw, "I can give pointers to keep you on focus but your method of application is a bit personalized. It's all what feels more natural to you. Have you tried to do anything yet?"

prolixity

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:04 pm
Jordan nodded. "I'll remember, then."

"Well, what methods are known to work, was more my question. Things to try." He slipped the phone back into his pocket absently. "Last time I found myself over there, I tried thinking fire into existence, but it didn't do anything. Could've been lack of focus or insufficient belief or something else. I have no idea, honestly."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:35 am
Alg scratched his head, "My husband and I started with sensory links.. pulling up memories we had strong sensory ties to? It at least helps you feel what your looking for a bit better. But again, it may not be good for those who don't have strong sensory connections."

Alg rubbed his jaw, "Heliodora," her name was said with a tinge of sadness, "Used pop culture triggers. Magic words from Harry Potter and things? Because in those cases you know exactly what to expect, you know how the spell should go, because of your already existing knowledge of it."

The professor shrugged and smiled, "I've always had good look with sheer need too. When needing an umbrella there desperately I was much more able to create a barrier to keep the rain off."

Alg gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder, "It's all a matter of finding your niche. What makes you comfortable. And of course you have to have confidence."

PROLIXITY

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:05 pm
Jordan listened attentively, making mental notes. "That makes sense, if it responds to the pressure of belief and willpower." A thought occurred to him, previously separate facts aligning themselves. "Is Detective Mercer your husband? I had a dream in which I spoke to him, over on the other side."

"Confidence, isn't that always the problem," he said, with a slightly wry smile.

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:41 pm
"Yes," Algie smiled a bit, "Mercer is my married name. Jeremiah's rather active over there." He smiled a bit like he was telling a secret, "Bit of an overachiever." Told with true affection and love of course.

"We got sucked into all this.." Closer to a year now it had to be, "Maybe a year? It's hard to tell.." He scratched his neck. The world had reset and time on one side didn't match with the other. It was like living several lifetimes at once.

"Really I can only stress doing something you are comfortable with. If hand motions seem stupid, don't use them. If magic words are easier? If you want a wand? Try it." Alg smiled, "I've done 'Lumos'. It works."

prolixity

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:07 pm
The clear affection in Alg's voice drew a smile out of Jordan, brief and slightly wistful. "It's hard to believe sometimes that all this has been going on for such a long time, with only a few people aware of it," he said.

He nodded. "Harry Potter's not really my thing, but I'll experiment. Something's got to work."

iloveyouDIE
oh god I took forever, we can probably close this up pretty soon anyway

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:36 am
"It feels less ridiculous," He chuckled lightly, "Once you realize it really works."

Magic words, hand gestures, wands. It all seemed rather stupid to try, embarrassing even, until the magic was real. The more it worked the more confidence grew it in it. It was definitely a matter of practice, practice, practice.

"I'll leave you be.." Alg finally nodded again, "Really this time."

prolixity
yis we can wrap prob

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2