Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:38 pm
you're not in trouble, promise

Leila smiled too. "I think you get that from Eve," she mused. "That's okay. I should probably get back to work, myself..."

shibrogne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:35 pm

"Thanks," said Ezra, lifting the bag of burn care items. "I really do appreciate this."

cibarium

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:30 pm

With a genuine friendly grin, Leila got up from Ezra's table and mindfully pushed her chair back in, tugging her skirt and apron back into presentable order before taking a look around the teashop to remember where she would probably be needed next. As she left, her hand purposefully reached out to brush her son's shoulder -- not squeezing it like she'd wanted to a minute ago, but still a gesture of tentative affection.

<It really is good to see you here. Eve wasn't just saying that.>

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:42 pm
on my mind

"Ezra, can I ask you something?" asked Eve, on another afternoon that saw him at Equinox.

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:31 pm
on my mind

"Of course," said Ezra. "What is it?"

cibarium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:55 pm
on my mind

Eve looked down at the table for a second, smiling a little shyly before continuing.

"When you first saw me as a fox last year, you told me the form suits me," she said. "What did you mean by that? I've always wondered."

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:56 pm
on my mind

"Foxes are guides, honored for their wisdom," said Ezra, after a moment's fiddling with his pen. (Of course he was doing homework. Why didn't he ever do his homework at home? WHO KNEW.) "They see through deception and react quickly to tricky situations. They observe, and wait for the best time."

He tapped the heel of his pen on his book. "The fox goes around obstacles, not through them. It acts at night and finds the path of least resistance, even when logically there shouldn't be one. It seems fitting."

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:13 pm
on my mind

"That's how you thought of me?"

Stunned could barely describe the look on Eve's face. Her son had broken through half of the caution she felt about him in just a few short sentences, poetry in how he'd come up with them so quickly and spoken them so freely. She couldn't think of what else to say. Instead she smiled shyly down at her teacup while setting it back down on the table.

"I went and let it get cold again," she said offhandedly, mostly to herself. Cold tea for her was in the range pleasantly hot for most other people.

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:17 pm
on my mind

"You're my mother," said Ezra.

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:27 pm
on my mind

"It takes some getting used to," Eve admitted. "Thank you, though. For telling me all that."

shibrogane

cibarium
Crew

Noob

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items