Reply ashdown
[PRP] Post void reunions (Shiloh & Kaleb) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:45 pm
That wasn't the first time Kaleb had been told magic was about belief, but that would likely be his biggest hurdle if he wanted to learn about this 'aptitude'. Shiloh sounded so convinced, but Kaleb had tailored his life to mitigate his own crippling doubt and couldn't get past it so easily. Yet he did have one advantage, he loved to learn.

"Magitech?" Kaleb asked. "Like magic integrated with machines and stuff?" That thought was fascinating, with a potential for exploration which could rival the natural physics he was familiar with. Surely he could learn about it, even if his own magical talents were hidden or entirely nonexistent.

His expression shifted to concern. "Super subtle?" He repeated, gently stepping around questions he really wanted to ask but wasn't sure how to put into words. "Not like.. feeling weird stuff for no reason?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:02 am
    "Yeah. I don't know much about Magitech, but it's a thing in this universe." He nodded, "I'd totally look into it if I had the smarts. I mean, I'm still trying to look into it, but something tells me I'm not going to be amazing." He didn't seem bothered by this though; instead he laughed it off.

"And I mean, feeling weird might be part of it?" He tapped his chin, "My friend Jamie has like, this weird thing that happens with water. It never burns him, it's never too cold; he doesn't really have an innate control over it, it just is." It was a useful ability, if not a totally bizarre one. "But yeah, I mean, even if it's for 'no reason'--" he did air quotes for empasis "--that might just be another sign that it actually is something. Or it's all in your head. But really, that's kinda what magic is I guess?"

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:53 pm
"I'm not sure I could either. Look into that kind of thing, that is," Kaleb said meekly, and with more than a hint of self-depreciation in his tone. He might have had more than enough smarts to understand the concepts, but actually having to introduce himself to someone and ask questions out of the blue was a stumbling block that his shy self was not yet ready to handle.

"So if you have some magic, and you want to do something badly enough, you might manage something?" He asked hesitantly. It didn't sound like much to go on, nor had he ever noticed anything particularly different in his day to day experiences.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:30 pm
    Shiloh tilted his head. "I'm friends with the professor that teaches it. I could give you his information at least, if you wanted." Not a lot of people trusted Liam—actually, they didn't really trust Renard—but Shiloh believed in his case, anyway. Neither of them seemed malevolent as far as he could tell; they footed a room to him and Jamie in the eighties for Christ's sake.

"But yeah, that's basically the gist of it. Whenever you manage it for the first time, I think it'll make more sense." He kicked his feet. "It's hard to put into words, but casting spells and doing the magic thing it... it feels like a click. Like 'oh, I get it now'. It's hard to have that moment, but you'll see whenever you do." He played with his hands in his lap, "At least, that's what I think. Like I said, I could try and teach you."

A moment, and then, "But you gotta try'n not get discouraged. Easier said than done I know." Even he hadn't been so sure at first. But magic had helped him with his confidence and it had helped Jamie a considerable amount too. "But I'll help smack some sense into you if I see you faltering." He winked as his expression turned a little more mischievous. Would Shiloh actually smack Kaleb? Of course not, but he was also the literal type.

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:21 pm
"Maybe, yeah, that would be good," Kaleb said, knowing for certain he would never be able to make use of that information on his own. The thought of just approaching a stranger made him feel all tense and awkward. Still, he appreciated the offer.

He remained doubtful, but if anything, it was Shiloh's friendly offer of mild physical violence that put a shy smile back on his face. Perhaps he was mistaken since he never had any good friends growing up, but that seemed like the kind of good-natured encouragement you could only give to a friend.

"I'll try to not worry about it as much," Kaleb promised. "But... there's nothing I can do about it on this side, right?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:58 am
    "I mean..." He was stretching his wrists absentmindedly, "You can cast on this side, but it's probably better not to. People don't like magic if they can't use it." Hell, he was sure there was people who could use magic who didn't like it so much.

Wait, was that what Kaleb was even asking? Shiloh really wasn't good with the pep talks, only at being a silly idiot from time to time.

"Anyway look— hey—" He put that dumb lopsided smile back on, leaning forward again, "All I'm sayin' is we're gonna find you some self confidence. But first—" he looked around, "—I'm really craving icees. You ever had one? Red or blue." This seemed very important for some reason, never mind the fact that even though it was warm for a winter day, it was still winter. People eat ice cream all the time when it snows right? Right.

Grey Dragon

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:55 pm
Kaleb nodded, once he figured stuff out, IF he figured stuff out, he would try and keep it on the down low.

At this point any talk was good, pep-talk or otherwise. Usually Kaleb bailed out of conversation early on in any given interaction, so having someone talk to him so much despite his own silence was a nice thing. Maybe Shiloh really thought he was okay.

He paused. "Wait, icees? Right now? ... Red?" Kaleb asked, a little baffled, but genuinely warmed by the invitation. Well, inside at least. He was still pretty chilly from napping in the cold, and might have preferred a hot chocolate over a cold beverage at that point in time. But he would go anyway, it actually... sounded like fun.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:12 pm
    Shiloh stared, gawked, and shook his head. "Red? Is that your final answer?" He was serious as he asked this—grim, even—a malevolent sort of light in his eyes. Except then he let off with a sigh, "Blue is so much better, but I guess I can forgive you." Shiloh was joking and anyone who was his friend would know this, but it still came off strong and end-of-the-world like.

"But yeah, of course I mean right now! And you're gonna try the blue one. And if you still like the red one better then that's okay but you gotta try it, come on." He was standing up with a rejuvenated vigor, hands defiantly on his hips. And then defiantly in his pockets because it was a little cold. And then back out on his hips again.

Grey Dragon
ftb with them walking off on their Adventure?? LOL

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:00 pm
"Okay," Kaleb said hesitantly, somehow agreeing to everything. It was a big step, and he was awfully nervous about the invitation, but maybe it was a good nervous. Shiloh seemed enthusiastic enough for the both of them.

He stood up and stretched his cold legs, clutching his book protectively to his chest. Then he was off to be social.

Melancholies
Yep! *shoos them off!*

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas