Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:17 pm
"Yeah, pretty much..."

Leila's pettings slowed down to a stop as her voice trailed off and her expression glazed over. She stayed quiet and motionless for a good minute or two before quietly gasping and shaking her head as if waking up from an unexpected doze.

"Sorry, she decided to show me what it's like to sit in my own lap, right there."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:27 pm
Nasir was quiet, watching as Leila trailed off and her expression went glazed off. He smiled when she came back, nodding. "I imagine it's pretty comfortable ..." Then, of course, in a softer voice. "What's it like for you? When Biscuit connects with you?"

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:15 pm
It was an inevitable question, but still caught Leila off guard. She straightened up, blinked, and thought for a moment, unsure if she could do half as good a job putting such a thing to words as America had. "Since I already had a familiar before this one, my experience might be a bit different from most... my mind was really prepared for it. But it still surprised me the first few times, of course." She smiled. "I got some up close and personal views of the rest of the flock, as they were just starting to become one. Kind of made me dizzy, how they always had something to do. Now they've all grown to love the daily routine, so I can set a watch to when she usually pulls me in."

Leila broke off her monolog and shook her head suddenly. She couldn't tell if this was answering his question at all.

"I'm still not sure how much sense I'm making. I'm supposed to be helping you, right?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:49 pm
"It still makes sense and helps? Like when I get pulled in when the squirrel takes this flying leap- As if he wants me to feel what it's like to glide from tree to tree." Nasir replied with a smile, though he was a little perplexed by one bit.

"You had a familiar before Biscuit? That- I mean, is it okay?" It sounded as if it might be taxing on her mind.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:03 pm
Friend appeared to wave its antennae enthusiastically from the tip of Leila's finger, seemingly in greeting. "Actually, this little guy helped me with getting my bond with Biscuit back into shape," she explained proudly, while holding her fingertip up close to her eyes. "He's part of a big colony... the connection we have is pretty different, so no out-of-body experiences."

The termite crawled back into her sleeve.

"Their world is still shaped by a different set of priorities than a human's, though, which you've already learned is a whole big thing. So it's a lot like taming an animal the regular way... you have to make an effort to meet them halfway and understand the world on their terms."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:45 pm
Nasir blinked a couple times, his eyes focusing slowly onto Friend as it made it's appearance on Leila's finger. His free hand, the one otherwise not occupied with chickens and showering attention, raised and fingers were wiggled in greeting back.

"... that's something else," he said in an awed voice, "that you can even do something like that. Is it ... just him that you hear?" Since she had mentioned a big colony. Nasir was also glad that he was able to help Leila adapt to her bond with Biscuit.

"I think that's what was troubling me so much? At least it was before I talked to America." Hearing Leila confirm it again was doing wonders.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:43 pm
"Friend is the only one who can talk to me, but..." Leila chewed on her lip, a habit she fell to when deep in thought. "The rest of them are there, little echoes. In the back of my mind. It's hard to describe. I didn't really notice how used to the colony I'd gottten until I was cut off from it for a while."

She smiled at Nasir as he unpacked his troubles, happy to help.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 pm
"Cut off?" That was another thing that- Oh. It was easy to see the proverbial light go on in Nasir's mind as his expression shifted to understanding. "Were you- I mean, did you-" His nose wrinkled up not sure how to ask if she had followed the call and ended up in that rift. He only knew about it second hand.

"What happened in November, I mean. Was that why?" Then another realization hit. "Did you lose your connection to Biscuit too?" That sounded absolutely horrible.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:33 pm
"Yeah, it was the November thing. I wasn't that strongly connected with Biscuit yet, so it wasn't too bad."

The November thing was honestly the most concise way she'd thought of to refer to it.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:23 pm
November thing was the most absolute perfect way to refer to it. At least, in Nasir's opinion and probably the easiest way he'd heard it referred to.

"I'm glad you're okay then ... Now, that is. It sounds kind of scary." To have connections and then have them be gone. His fingers reached out, without thought, to offer to hold Leila's hand briefly. Months earlier he might have just reached but too many people not liking him being overly friendly had made him more aware of such things.

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:24 pm
As an effusively huggy extrovert, Leila recognized someone going in for the hug when she saw it, even with just the swaying hand gesture.

"I'm fine, I think. And you don't have to be shy either, come on."

She made the open-armed 'come give us a hug' gesture and accepted the adorable baker into her arms. Her genuine, sunshiney happiness on getting to hug someone was shared as well. It was a very good hug.

azuredreams
here you go nasir be mindblown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:35 pm
Nasir gave Leila something of a shy, relieved smile but slipped towards and into her arms and it was, in fact, the best hug ever. Somehow the combination of the two of them did not cause a fault in reality due to two particularly happy individuals hugging (see: leila effect combines with nasir effect).

In fact the only thing that was possibly better was the hug from Wil after he had given him his promise ring. Nasir lingered in the hug for probably longer than he realized, pulling back slightly and very quietly saying, "... you are kind of amazing at hugs."

cibarium

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:53 am
"Thanks," Leila grinned. "I've had a lot of practice."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:29 pm
Nasir lingered in the hug for a bit longer, giving Leila a squeeze before he finally pulled back. He did end up sitting beside a bit more, leaning to get the box of cereal so that he could resume feeding the chickens.

"... actually, I feel like I should be thanking you. It really helps me, all of this." He had a smile on his face, though it was lopsided. "Don't suppose you'd mind if I came back by again? Hopefully with my new friend in tow?"

cibarium
i am thinking either wrap on ur post or my next post? nasir pretty much wants to chill with leila and the chickens for a bit okay.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:37 pm
"Anytime. I'll give you my phone number and stuff. This helped me out too, so thanks."

azuredreams
a wrap! cute accomplished >:3

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas