Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:18 am
"Oh?" Alg glanced up at the mention of a job, "Where are you working?"

There was more glancing from screen to notepad and Alg eventually ripped off the paper and handed it over, "This is your advisor's name and office number. In the administrative building next door."

He leaned back in his chair, the class transfer would require more than a few keystrokes so he'd take care of it later.

"How you wanted it.." He repeated the words a bit. He hadn't been in the rift, simply helping hold it open and it seemed to be such a physical and mental exercise that non involved could remember much what they'd done. Those in the rift though had.. an adventure.

"Did you all know you were changing things?" Had they known a new sigil would rewrite the nature of the world they lived in?

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:52 am
"It's a place called The 4th Wall. I'd only been there, I dunno, a few times in the last world." Not that it mattered. Jamie had only been to the college a handful of times, too, and he was enrolled in classes. The state of their previous existence seemed to have no bearing on this one.

"By the time I got to where everyone else was, they'd started work on the sigil already. I heard we were trying to fix the tear in the world, but I guess I didn't take the time to really think about what that meant. All I thought was, 'if we don't do this, we won't be able to go back home.'" With a small sigh, he shrugged noncommittally.

"I wish I'd completely understood what we were doing from the beginning. Everyone who was there is the same, but my parents, my gram, even my fish... sometimes I feel this guilt like I'm not the person they knew. Like I stole this life from someone who isn't me. I only wanted to save the world we knew and make it better, but I should've realized that changing one thing is bound to change another and another and-"

He trailed off of his long ramble, having never meant to delve into worries this deep while he was trying to get his academic life together.

iloveyouDIE

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:04 am
Alg got a wry smile, "The comic shop." There was some restraint in him, "I know Cid. He and I are-" well they had been begrudging acquaintances but since the world had restarted he'd gotten several texts and at least one call from the younger man that he'd fumbled through, "We're friends. And that's a safe place to work."

The local business owners, those in the know, had a bit of pact to keep the more magical denizens of ashdown in safe places of employment if they needed it. It may have been why so many people had come into this reworked world to find they were employed.

Alg nodded with understanding to Jamie's explanation, even offering a hand across the desk if he wanted to take it. As always it was warm, and this time it was understanding and encouraging.

"I understand. More than you know.. I definitely-" He sighed, "I absolutely know what you mean. I think the man I'm in the shoes of was much more together than myself. Like I've taken his place in a race but I'm not as fast or effective.. but I'm the only option now." Maybe the other him would have figured this out easier...

saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:34 am
The hand Jamie set in Alg's was small, fingers thin and delicate, a look that didn't quite sum up the strength he'd grown into since joining this fight all those months ago. For a short moment he closed his eyes, accepting the familiar comfort of the touch. It gave him a chance to better gather his thoughts.

"I'm glad to hear that," he said in a wistful sort of way. If Alg thought it was a good place to work, Jamie believed him.

"And I'm glad I'm not the only one, too. It's kind of a lonely feeling wondering if anyone else has these doubts or if it's just me being dumb." He puffed out a short breath. "I guess the only thing to do now is keep going, though. Giving up would just be a huge waste..."

iloveyouDIE

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:06 pm
There was clarity offered in the professor's touch, as well as a sympathetic mirror of Jamie's own discomfort that instead of disconcerting, was encouraging and comforting.

"You aren't dumb," Alg squeezed the young man's hand, "Never think that. Never doubt your own mind either, because when the world changes around us.. all we have is ourselves."

After the comfort was given, the hand withdrew though the lingering sensation would remain in it's wake, "We'll always keep going and you're not alone, alright?"

Alg smiled and turned back to poking the keyboard again until he was printing out a form which printed somewhere under his desk and he extracted, "Aannnd here's a slip for the transfer."

SAEDUSK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:16 pm
It was true, Jamie knew he wasn't alone, but sometimes having that reminder was necessary. Most of the people he was close to were willing to give it and for that he was eternally grateful. The calmed, smoothed over look his wore remained once Alg withdrew his hand.

"Thanks, I needed that." As he took the slip, he laughed a little. "This, too. It's just one class, but I kinda think it'll help with the anxiety. Not that I'm gonna slack just because it's you, don't worry..." The slip disappeared safely into his pocket.

"I'm gonna... keep trying to believe in myself," he said matter-of-factly. "In fact, um, I should probably get going. I have some errands I need to run, but... thanks for talking with me, it really helped."

iloveyouDIE

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:25 am
"Of course," Alg smiled, "And I promise I'm a fairly lenient teacher.."

It was equally difficult to balance running a store, teaching classes and all the magical nonsense as it was for the kids to be going through college with all of this craziness.

"And if you need anything, feel free to stop by. Here or the shop. Good luck."

saedusk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:49 am
"I will," he promised as he stood, "Oh, I'm gonna stop by the shop in a few days, I think. Mostly because there are a few books I wanna buy, not really school stuff." Jamie's eyes were bright as he laughed.

"So, um, I'll see you later!" With a small wave, he shuffled out.

iloveyouDIE
thanks for the rp * u *

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items