Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:44 pm
Sonny shrugged. "They're my dads. They know what's best for me, I guess. Anyway, they existed way before I did, and they have papers and stuff like that. I don't have anything like that, not really."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:57 pm
"Ya ain't got a birth certificate? I mean, ya were born o' tha sigil n' s**t, but I thought those were buyable these days." It seemed weird that she'd been alive so long.

"Like you say you've been 'round forever, but I thought ya were reborn with tha new sigil." She frowned. The new one had been made in a void, so maybe time didn't matter. But then Sonny had said they remembered being in an asylum, which that was in the 20s, wasn't it?

She frowned. "How old are you?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:42 am
Sonny shook their head. "Not really? Not if you want the legal ones. Papa and Father are very careful to figure out their legal stuff before they get different or new paperwork, but they don't fake anything. It's Immoral. And anyway, they're way older than me. Father's almost ten thousand years old."

They frowned, leaning forward to put their elbows on their knees and regard Preacher. "I'm almost..." Their eyes drifted upwards, looking towards the ceiling. "I was fourteen in 1919, so..." Their lips moved. "One hundred and twelve years old as of the eighteenth of December." With a pleased smile, they added, "So I'm one hundred and eleven now."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:54 am
"But we jus' reset the sigil a coupla months ago... I don't get it," she stated plainly. "I mean I guess I thought ya just kinda poofed into being then, and not in 1905... Wait, why 1905? What even happened then?" The timeline was definitely all ********' tangled up and even thinking about it made Preacher's eyes want to cross. The whole Renard and Liam being a bazillion years old she could rationalize due to the 'cycle' bullshit, but this sounded like Sonny was born in 1905 and just... existed straight on through.

"I hope they threw ya a huge-as bday party in 2005."

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:19 pm
Sonny frowned. "Just because this world didn't necessarily exist before the creation of the new sigil doesn't mean we all wouldn't acquire memories to reduce our own cognitive dissonance," they said. "Metaphysically we may not have existed, but to us we seem to have existed contemporaneously."

They realized this was probably kind of obtuse.

"We might not have existed before the creation of your sigil, but we don't know that," Sonny clarified.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:05 pm
Preacher's eyes nearly glazed over while Sonny was talking. It didn't make sense, but it did. "I guess then it's easier thinkin' of way like wind or rain or something. A constant but a changin' constant. I dunno." She wiggled her toes.

"Magic makes m'feel pretty ********' stupid most o' tha time," Preacher admitted. "Are you happy n' stuff? Like, really?" She sounded like a broken record.

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:51 pm
"Yeah," said Sonny. "I don't know what you guys did or what the old me did, but I feel... okay." They smiled. "So thanks for that. I would like to go out sometime, if you don't mind."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:15 pm
"Good," Preacher smiled so widely it kind of hurt her face. "N' yeah, course I'll take ya out. Gimme your number." She stood, cracked her neck once and pulled her phone out.

"Wait - d'you have a phone?"

shibrogane

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:31 pm
"If you text 76669 it'll get to me," said Sonny peaceably. "I've got skills and talents that way."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:00 pm
"Fancy," she said, nodding her head sagely. "I bet you're full o' cool s**t. Anyway, I ain't got anywhere ta be for a bit - d'you wanna watch a movie?" Preacher pursed her lips.

"If ya free. Otherwise, I can scoot."

shibrogane
she wants to try braiding sonny's hair at some point. goals

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:06 pm
Sonny grinned. "Yeah, sure!" They got up and pulled open a drawer on an old-style media center against the far wall. "Your pick," they said, gesturing to all the blu-rays and DVDs.

The Semblance of Unity
can be a wrap if u want

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas