Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:25 am
iloveyouDIE

"If someone applied here it wasn't me even if he had the same name," he says, quiet and suddenly grim. "I'll spare you my thoughts about--continuity. But it wouldn't have been me."

He shifts uneasily once more and considers what Alg's unfathomable motives might be for this conversation, but maybe it boils down to something as simple as being desperate for decent hands, because if Jeremiah's had anything positive to say about Taym it must surely be that he works hard. God knows there's little else to be said based on their interactions but it is perhaps Taym's biggest virtue: he is not shy about working.

After a thick pause, he abandons his pride long enough to think about America's schedule and ask: "What shifts?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:23 pm
Alg had a thin lipped smile, if anything an agreement to what Taym said, but deeper. Alg had large swathes of his life that were now a mystery to him, friends he didn't remember making, and had even seen home movies - videos of his own wedding - that he hadn't even attended. If anything he absolutely understood the sentiment. But it had to be lived with and dealt with.

"Early shifts during the week. Which isn't particularly early, nine a.m." He scratched a hand through his silvering hair, "Weekends are booked up with the kids so.." Just the times he or others may be in class.

"Rabbit's opening on his own right now but a single employee in the shop isn't particularly safe or wise business practice."

rejam

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:06 pm
iloveyouDIE

There's a long pause. He glances back towards Alg, or more accurately towards Violetta.

"Maybe I'll fill out an application, just in case the other one didn't. On the way out," he says, lofting the book he's apparently planning on taking with him and then waving it vaguely towards the rest of the shelves he has yet to scan.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:49 am
"Of course," Alg chuckled and lifted a hand to indicate the other should take his time. He moved away this time, to the counter, where his own books were put away and an application was pulled off a pad of them behind the counter.

It would be waiting for him when he checked out, as well as a cat half laying on it, but for now Alg would have to help a few customers who also entered from the cold.

rejam
figured was a good place to break off?

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items