[PRP] trying to be zen (ollie & nasir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:44 am
    "Crazy s**t." He affirmed without elaborating, because it was complicated and mostly he didn't want to, but it was nice to know he wasn't completely ******** deranged or something in believing those events to be real.

He crossed his arms, trying to will the cold out. It was alright when he was up and moving... "Yeah yeah, just do the thing." It would be a lie to say Oliver wasn't actually, like, curious to see if Nasir could actually pull it off, but he was here and offered his favor and whatever he was seeing it through. Or rather Nasir was seeing it through. Seeing it right through the weird flying squirrel's eyes. If it worked.

He huffed.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:56 pm
Nasir crackled an eye back open before he shifted and tossed a bit of the blanket that was across his lap towards Ollie. Mostly because it was an extra layer of warm and he had been keeping it tucked.

Eyes fully closed once more, he let out a breath and let himself drift. It was easier this way, trying to find the door that was in his mind (and heart) that went to the flying squirrel. With the cold air, the sound of wind in the leaves, and someone else's steady breathing nearby he wasn't sure if-

He was peering through the trees, watching the bench where he was sitting and there was Ollie too. Hey, he called out, it's cold out here. Don't you want to come home?

It seemed to last for several heartbeats, Nasir seemingly out for the count, but eventually as he cracked his eyes back open there was movement in the trees. The flying squirrel made a leap off of the highest branch and soon it was gliding it's way over to the pair that was sitting.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:25 pm
    Oliver scooped the blanket up greedily, content with the warmth. He watched Nasir do... seemingly nothing, and it made his eyebrows furrow with a specific sort of irritated intensity. He put his chin on his hand. He waited.

Nasir's eyes opened and he moved to speak, except there was a quiet woosh as the squirrel made its way down. He jumped, "Jesus christ." His eyes were wide, "Did you do it? Did you actually do it?" He wanted to lean in and inspect the squirrel as much as he wanted to lean back and distance himself from this seeming miracle of nature.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:32 pm
The squirrel landed, tumbled a little, onto the blanket and barked - as squirrels were like to do - at Nasir. With a nervously shaking hand, Nasir reached out and smoothed his fingers down across fur and smiled. "Yeah, I think so. I just asked if the little one wanted to go home. Where it's warm."

He turned his attention to Ollie, clearly pleased. The flying squirrel nosed at Nasir's fingers before it was stretching out and sniffing towards Ollie. The strangest thing, of course, was that the squirrel's eyes were the same warm brown of Nasir's.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:42 pm
    Ollie wasn't convinced by the squirrel's barking or sniffing; there was no way in hell he was about to touch some wild, possibly rabid animal. Not to mention the fact his fingers were bound up in gauze and he wouldn't be able to derive any pleasure from it.

"Well s**t." He was a tad bit impressed, however. "Good job, I guess? So you gonna' take Trouble along and get the hell outta dodge or what." He threw a name at the squirrel because that's what it was—and what Nasir was to boot.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:58 pm
Nasir blinked a couple times before he was smiling widely. "Trouble is a good name, I think." He glanced down to the squirrel and wiggled his fingers. "What do you think?"

There was an answering chitter, the squirrel more interested in climbing up and tucking itself into Nasir's scarf and against his neck than anything else.

"I'll take that as a yes," he said with a laugh, looking back towards Ollie while he held a hand up against Trouble and tugging the scarf up a bit. "It's best if I get going soon but I guess ... I mean, have you ... been part of this long?" This being crazy magical s**t but Nasir was too nice to say that.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:10 am
    "You're actually going with that?" He laughed, the sound sharp, "Whatever floats your boat, I guess. But to answer your question... not really." He sighed, looked down at his hands again.

"I've known people who've been involved for months at this point, but for me all this s**t started a couple weeks ago." Ollie shrugged "It sucks, but it ain't like I can't do nothing. Gotta do something, even if I'm not sure what yet." He watched the squirrel take over Nasir's scarf. "At least the little guy seems to like you."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:13 pm
"It was leaving me presents in my flower box for a good while before I figured out what was going on." Nasir paused, a small grown on his face before it faded. "The hard way. I mean, everyone I've met that is involved with all of this is either just ... normal magic," if there was such a thing, "or a moonwalker. I didn't even realize I knew another warg until I started asking questions."

His hand fiddled with the scarf once last time, making sure Trouble was appropriately covered and then fidgeting with a clip in his hair. "It was right before everything went crazy that I found out I was. Really weird thing was that it started with never running out of cooking ingredients. So weird but useful."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:48 am
    Oliver could sympathize, though, "Cooking ingredients? Less sketchy than finding your pocket full of pills." He snorted, "Ibuprofen, before you say anything."

He fidgeted with his hands again. Something about watching other people fumble with their tics made his feel itchy. "But I get what'cha mean. Before s**t went down my--" he looked down, "--hands strated... feeling funny. Still do. There's some weird magic sort've s**t goin on but I haven't figured it out yet." Oliver sighed again. "My brother? He's neck deep in the stuff, so I'm still considerin myself lucky."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:20 pm
"That's not so sketchy for me at the moment," Nasir laughed, a hand reaching into his pocket and pulling out a bottle of ibuprofen. "It's kind of a staple right now because of all of this ... I hope it lessens with practice and the like but the headaches have put me out of commission sometimes."

His head tilted a little, studying Ollie's bandaged fingers and then back to his face. "Funny how? Like ... are you having weird urges and stuff?" Nasir wondered if, perhaps, Ollie was a moonwalker because he remembered Lily had how she had been. "I know a few who are neck deep too but I'm really on the outskirts."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:35 pm
    "Really? I get that." Oliver seemed content for a moment, having found some bizarre kinship with Nasir, "I mean, I get terrible migraines, but not from warging or anything. Just existing."

Which made him laugh, though the sound was sarcastic, "I wouldn't call it urges. Everything's been pretty much the same since all that void s**t—just my hands are weirdly sensitive. They don't hurt—" He looked to them, "But they're just... uncomfortable. I hope I'm not getting some weird arthritis or carpel tunnel or something." Which wasn't at all the case since both afflictions were painful (his hands were relatively pain free), but he was an absolute freak about his hands. The thought of them getting injured... he shuddered, "It's really no big deal. Prolly some weird side effect of the void that needs to dwindle down. Anyway—"

He stood up.

"—I'm freezing my a** off, so..." He sniffed, the sound wet and sloppy, "I'm gonna finish up what I even set out to do in the first g'damn place."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:14 pm
"My car is parked nearby? If you want a ride to the store and then back to your house?" Nasir offered, pushing himself up to stand and folding the blanket up that he had over his lap. A hand went to Trouble a moment later but the flying squirrel had burrowed himself into his scarf and was quite content to stay in the warm spot.

"... and give you my phone number? I mean, I had a friend who went through some stuff like what you're talking about? It probably can't hurt to have someone else to talk to about the weirder, crazier stuff that goes on beyond magic being a real thing no one understands."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:41 pm
    He tilted his head, "You sure? About the ride? I mean, you probably shouldn't loiter around with your furry thing too long." He pointed at him accusingly, or more or less where Trouble had once been. "'Cause I mean, we'll just have a repeat of this."

Probably.

"But I ain't gonna say no. You do owe me." Pretentious or not, he was being a little playful at least with the remark at least. "And I guess number sounds... alright." He didn't sound sure, but he seemed willing as he tugged his phone out.

azuredreams
u wanna ftb after this O:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:07 pm
Nasir had the blanket folded over his arm, pulling his phone out with the other. His phone number was rattled off a moment later to give, hopefully assuming that there would be an exchange of numbers.

"I don't think it will repeat anymore," he said helpfully. There was a little place now, it felt like, that Trouble occupied. It couldn't be put into words but-

His heart and his mind; a home for his familiar. Wasn't that what America had said?

"Anyway," Nasir moved right on, tilting his head towards where he was parked, "I'm over that way and we can square away what I owe you with that ride." Not even arguing that he owed Ollie, the other young man had helped him out after all!

Melancholies
ftb achieved!

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items