Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] The time for condolences (Liam/Shun)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:20 am
Liam Noor was not dressed for a funeral.

He stepped into the medical examiner's office lobby and immediately took off his gray peacoat, shaking snow from the shoulders before folding it over his arm. Underneath, he wore a purple collared shirt with a geometric print on it, and a soft, oatmeal-colored sweater over it.

Not funeral attire at all.

He looked around, eyes quickly fixing on the one other person in the room. "Detective Kuroda," said Liam. "Thank you so much for meeting me so early - and in this weather. I suppose we should get this over with?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:10 am
At the designated time, Shun had shown up to meet with Liam. Upon the other man's arrival, he nodded his head in greeting.

"Mr. Noor. And yes, please. The body is this way," he stated before turning to head on into the room containing the corpse. A plain sheet was draped over it, covering it completely for the time being.
Silverah

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:18 am
Liam nodded, his jaw set, and followed Shun. "Should I... prepare myself for anything?" he asked, glancing towards the covered corpse. Nothing about the shape of the sheet suggested any sort of major dismemberment, but then, it hid quite a lot of things.

"You do believe me that she's alive, right?" he asked, tugging at his collar. "Living in my house?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:48 am
Shun took in a deep breath, glancing down at the sheet.

"She was not disfigured. Throat and wrists were slit," he explained. While he doubted such things would bother Liam normally, considering certain events, it was likely a much different case when it came to his own daughter, "And... yes. I do believe that much. But magic is ******** weird and us coming over into this timeline has caused a number of complications."

Basically anything was possible. Right now the question of how this happened or how it was possible was just as important as the standard 'who did it?'

He took a step back, to allow Liam to move the sheets once he was ready.
Silverah

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:41 pm
Liam gingerly lifted the sheet, nodded gently, and folded it down so that it looked like Sunny was tucked into bed, sheet resting softly below her collarbone. "That's Ascencion," he said, and bit his lip.

He looked up at Shun.

"I told you before that she was the cage," he said. "The personification of it. You remade the cage. You remade her."

He shrugged.

"You said it, detective - magic is ******** weird."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 pm
"I suspected as much. Though it does not explain why her date of death does not match up with the date the new cage was created," he murmured, staring down at the dead girl on the table.

There were a number of things that didn't quite add up.

Shun took a moment to think things over.

"If you do not mind stating as such... what notable changes have you seen with the Sunny that lives?"

He hadn't exactly met her, after all.

Silverah

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:45 pm
"Well," said Liam, though he was clearly perturbed, "magic is weird as ********."

His eyes remained trained on Sunny, studying her. "Her personality is completely different," he said, after a moment's thought. "More obedient. More eager to please. She thinks that my husband and I were loving parents. I've done my best to keep up the ruse, which has kept me from learning more about my new history. I can't go asking things I ought to know, can I?"

He leaned down and, very carefully, pushed one of Sunny's eyelids open. Her eye was dull and lifeless, but the iris was an unmistakable, deep purple.

"The new one's eyes are turning green," he said, easing the lid shut. "They were green when she was born, you know. Like mine."

He frowned. "She's kind of willowy. More androgynous. Like Renard. The magic changed her."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:16 pm
Shun tilted his head at that thought. The comment on how Sunny perceived Liam and Renard was oddly telling in a way. It had him wonder briefly just what the relation was prior to all of this. But it wasn't really all the relevant right now. There were more important things to think about and to consider here.

The magic had changed Sunny. He was not sure if it was for better or worse. Maybe it wasn't necessarily either.

"I will need to look into Ascension's past here... There are no tales of the witch on the beach in this new world. Is there anything in particular you would like me to find regarding her, or you?"

While he didn't consider himself to be allied with Liam, he thought he may as well extend the offer.

Silveraah

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 pm
Liam looked like he was considering the offer. "If you find anything about the Shore House," he said. "Property records. News articles. Things like that? Could you let me know?"

He gently placed the sheet back over Sunny's head.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:45 pm
The detective gave a nod, keeping this in mind.

"Will do. And likewise, if you find anything of note, please let me know," he requested. Shun looked down as the sheet was placed back over the corpse.

"You should be able to speak with the coroner to claim her body."

Though, given circumstances, he wasn't sure if Liam was able to hold a conventional funeral for Ascension.

Silverah

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:24 pm
"Right," said Liam, nodding. "I'll get her out of your hair." He made no indication of what his plans might be, but he adjusted his hold on his coat.

"If you could just... point me, I'll take my leave."

Blade Kuroda
Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 pm
Nodding once more, Shun motioned to the door.

"Down the hall, to the right," he explained.

There was a moment's pause as he considered something.

"My condolences," he uttered. This was, after all, his daughter here. The one he seemed to be more familiar with.

Silveraaah
Yep!

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out