Submit

Okay. . .
  you nutter!
  you plonker!
  stay away from me!
View Results

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:13 am
In my opinion we don't have a free will. Life for everyone is ment to happen one way and one way only. Even if we change our minds about something or undo something and replace it, that was ment to happen and so that is why I think there is no such thing as free will. Call it fate or destiny if you want it doesn't make a difference.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:11 am
Any views on whatI've been saying?  

Cloud0.0Strife

CopycatVigilante

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:37 pm
I personally find it highly unlikely that everything we do was planned from the start. If that were so, why would we even have these lives? If every action that "touches our hearts" and "changes our lives" were justa mere coincidental even that lead to something that was predestined, there'd be no reason to do anything. Prisons would have no other explanation than evil, disgusting ideas because whoever committed any crimes couldn't help that. They were destined to do it and it is no longer their fault if some mystic force is guiding us along like characters in a novel.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:57 am
CopycatVigilante
I personally find it highly unlikely that everything we do was planned from the start. If that were so, why would we even have these lives? If every action that "touches our hearts" and "changes our lives" were justa mere coincidental even that lead to something that was predestined, there'd be no reason to do anything. Prisons would have no other explanation than evil, disgusting ideas because whoever committed any crimes couldn't help that. They were destined to do it and it is no longer their fault if some mystic force is guiding us along like characters in a novel.

But don't all the characters have a role in the novel?  

Cloud0.0Strife

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:03 pm
Definately! We dont have free will  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:16 pm
Woot! A reply that doesn't argue with me!  

Cloud0.0Strife

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:43 pm
fine... there must be free will or there must be a god... period... yes, i will get into more detail if asked  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:56 am
agrab0ekim
fine... there must be free will or there must be a god... period... yes, i will get into more detail if asked
You are like one of the supreme logics.
Ok, on your side, predistiny means god. Yeah, nothing's set in stone, you guys take life too seriously. Life is the same as a battery. just my idealogy. it isn't something special just because you (and by you I mean the thinking part of your brain, or your neurons) are the essence. immortality: sure, if you can keep my brain going I'd be able to think and therefore I would be living.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

alpha male tayo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:51 pm
The free will idea is something that I originally think too. I think that you would probably want them the opposite way that single creator had them, i.e. a satan at the bottom and a god at the top.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:56 am
I'm not really sure if I think we have free will or not. I'm kinda of two minds about it. neutral  

Kuakuu

aCapitalFellow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:52 pm
agrab0ekim

he didn't say like someone who sets it all out for you, just the way its supposed to happen. I believe that we could just be really meant to do certain things.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:04 pm
Fate V.S Free Will

Well damn, people can say a person was born with the capabilities of becoming something great
But it's their choices that lead up to whether they can or not

So if someone was born smart, or with a good sense of humor, it's fate
But it's their free will that decides if they use those qualities to the fullest

Get what I mean?

Deranged Imagination

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:29 pm
This reminds of of something funny, I think it was the extra demensional theory (I think that's the theory, but if it's not those who know about it will understand me). It states that every possible decision/event that happened/is happening/will happen has/will take place. How is this possible you ask? Well Watson this is possible because when an event, no matter how small, occurs a new demension is formed, branching off if I dare say. So in essence every event that occurs steers our demension of a different path, therefore free will. And even if all of what I just said were just a load of chia seed you would still have the illusion(?) of free will. This illusion of free will is brought to you by our minds limited capacity to see into the future, therefore(?) we cannot tell that we were 'predestined' to do anything.

({Yet again, sorry for butchering the english language, blame IE})

~.The Atheist Guild.~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games