Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:29 pm
How do you feel about it?

Personally I'd like to see Gaia keep their word for once.

Besides that it will probably ruin several users want to continue spending on those tiers. Thus digging the site deeper into a hole of inactivity.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:19 am
Pwnder

Besides that it will probably ruin several users want to continue spending on those tiers. Thus digging the site deeper into a hole of inactivity.

You'll have to elaborate on that a little. When I used to be here, there was no such thing x3  

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

Zalaznick Valkyrie

Decisive Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:29 am
Pantherea Leonis
Pwnder

You'll have to elaborate on that a little. When I used to be here, there was no such thing x3

Now, I've never done the thing, so this could be terribly wrong,
But, from what I read about it, there is a tier system for how much Gcash you spend in a certain amount of time. You spend so much, you get items as a "reward" of sorts.
And, those items you get shall not appear back on the site for, I believe a minimum of 6 months. Which would, obviously make the demand for them very high.

But since the survey is asking if you want to go against that rule, and just start releasing them all over the place, plus re-colors, the demand of them would drop, thus making people not want to spend the Gcash to get them (since they would no longer be as exclusive).

They way I see it, and this is more for Pwnder than you, but feel free to chip in any words you have for it as well.

If they do go against their word, and re-release items, I feel that would reduce the amount of people getting Gcash to get the tiered items, right? And if the site functions mainly on Gcash anymore, how is this even a plan? How are they planning to make money, if they just suggested that they want to cut their own sales?

Unless, these new re-colors and re-releases are also going to be Gcash only (Until they hot the MP of course, but even still if there is an influx of new items, the gold value won't be as high either)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:41 am
I think having the tiered rewards, in that case, is a very good idea, as it makes more money for Gaia. They must be truly desperate to bombard us like they do with GC advertisements.

Releasing them too soon and giving a multitude of recolors is a bad idea, as it drops the exclusiveness of the items, and thereby its appeal. This will cause a lower income for Gaia, most probably not outweighed by the increased revenue from the new items, but I ahven't done the maths.

I say that a system that works, and gives the players a real incentive to support Gaia with money, is a good idea, and you shouldn't fix what ain't broke.  

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:58 am
They have already met with negative feedback from re-releasing past MCs, this would be the same thing. If Gaia has nothing sacred, then there removes the appeal that the site has. Even LQIs don't compare since we will see them again in 6 months. It took 10 years for the Angelic Halo to reappear and it's cost is obtainable at current gold standards. Almost totally worthless. I don't even know how they market it at the price they still do in the CS anymore. There is now nothing they can dangle in front of me as being exclusive or rare anymore. Nothing to save up for, nothing to try and obtain with effort.
I saddens me that users still buy gold generators to meet this end.

If they offered to "never release" an item again, I still wouldn't believe them. They might try this type of survey thing again just to get overwhelming approval from newbs to go ahead and do it any way.

Every time I see the words "Equal Opportunity, Not Outcome"
That is what I think of.

If you were a member of Gaia then, you had equal opportunity. Now, years later, everyone wants an equal outcome, its totally wrong and takes away from those that took the opportunity.

Now, most just want to take the opportunity to bail out forever because of the injustice of the whole thing.

Exclusivity used to have its appeal here. They wanted their investment in the site they loved to be concrete. That rug keeps getting pulled out from under everyone in the same manner.

They just keep making the worst decisions sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:37 pm
Pwnder
They have already met with negative feedback from re-releasing past MCs, this would be the same thing. If Gaia has nothing sacred, then there removes the appeal that the site has. Even LQIs don't compare since we will see them again in 6 months. It took 10 years for the Angelic Halo to reappear and it's cost is obtainable at current gold standards. Almost totally worthless. I don't even know how they market it at the price they still do in the CS anymore. There is now nothing they can dangle in front of me as being exclusive or rare anymore. Nothing to save up for, nothing to try and obtain with effort.

If they offered to "never release" an item again, I still wouldn't believe them. They might try this type of survey thing again just to get overwhelming approval from newbs to go ahead and do it any way.

That is what I think of.

If you were a member of Gaia then, you had equal opportunity. Now, years later, everyone wants an equal outcome, its totally wrong and takes away from those that took the opportunity.

Now, most just want to take the opportunity to bail out forever because of the injustice of the whole thing.

Exclusivity used to have its appeal here. They wanted their investment in the site they loved to be concrete. That rug keeps getting pulled out from under everyone in the same manner.

The problem imo, is that unlike in the real world, where when people die or whatever, their stuff goes back to the market, when gaians with stuff die, have their accounts banned or just plain quits, their stuff stays with their "corpse", never ever to return to the market. Then those items gradually, or abruptly in the case of mass-exits from the game, stop being attainable by any other gaian ever again. I can't find any of the EI's I collect in the MP, for instance, as just about everyone either hoards them or have "died" with them. One thing is rarity, but complete unattainability is another.  

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:15 pm
Pantherea Leonis
Pwnder

That is what I think of.

The problem imo, is that unlike in the real world, where when people die or whatever, their stuff goes back to the market, when Gaians with stuff die, have their accounts banned or just plain quit, their stuff stays with their "corpse", never ever to return to the market. Then those items gradually or abruptly, in the case of mass-exits from the game, stop being attainable by any other Gaian ever again. I can't find any of the EI's I collect in the MP, for instance, as just about everyone either hoards them or have "died" with them. One thing is rarity, but complete unattainability is another.

I can understand that for sure. Really, its not about the items, just more about Gaia keeping their word on things they have promised. If they keep taking it back then users will feel they have been conned into spending money.

Since they ripped exclusivity from the Monthly Collectible years ago, I no longer care about items. I was a collector of those for years, using them as an investment as my old Gaia self. Now I just use items as a short term investment to sell and sink more gold, mainly because I know nothing is actually exclusive anymore. It bothers me to think there are those that believe in it still
I have had every. last. one. of those highly coveted '03's and '04's that I never thought I would obtain in my inventory at least once over the past 3 years. Things were easier when "exclusivity" was just limited to MCs

When an item no longer becomes in circulation they could always do a limited re-release to balance it out. At the very least they could make sure that the item's "exclusivity" is still intact somewhat, then their past promises or guarantees wouldn't feel so much like a lie or a scam to some.

The reason some items are no longer in circulation is through the fault of Gaia in the first place. They keep pushing their users away with tactics like this.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:12 pm
Pwnder
Pantherea Leonis
Pwnder

That is what I think of.

The problem imo, is that unlike in the real world, where when people die or whatever, their stuff goes back to the market, when Gaians with stuff die, have their accounts banned or just plain quit, their stuff stays with their "corpse", never ever to return to the market. Then those items gradually or abruptly, in the case of mass-exits from the game, stop being attainable by any other Gaian ever again. I can't find any of the EI's I collect in the MP, for instance, as just about everyone either hoards them or have "died" with them. One thing is rarity, but complete unattainability is another.

I can understand that for sure. Really, its not about the items, just more about Gaia keeping their word on things they have promised. If they keep taking it back then users will feel they have been conned into spending money.

Since they ripped exclusivity from the Monthly Collectible years ago, I no longer care about items. I was a collector of those for years, using them as an investment as my old Gaia self. Now I just use items as a short term investment to sell and sink more gold, mainly because I know nothing is actually exclusive anymore. It bothers me to think there are those that believe in it still
I have had every. last. one. of those highly coveted '03's and '04's that I never thought I would obtain in my inventory at least once over the past 3 years. Things were easier when "exclusivity" was just limited to MCs

When an item no longer becomes in circulation they could always do a limited re-release to balance it out. At the very least they could make sure that the item's "exclusivity" is still intact somewhat, then their past promises or guarantees wouldn't feel so much like a lie or a scam to some.

The reason some items are no longer in circulation is through the fault of Gaia in the first place. They keep pushing their users away with tactics like this.

Of course. You know the issue more thoroughly than I do. I only rely on understandings of markets and economy, that are more than a little biased, and not on the facts and statements of the Gaia Crew. I don't know half of what they've said and done. I just think I might know a little about some issues and possible solutions that may or may not work. And without the context, that's not worth jack$#!%.  

Pantherea Leonis

Exploratory Lionheart

6,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:19 pm
Personally I like the idea. Not everyone can buy Gcash and having those items re-released (after a lengthy time period) allows others to get them so they aren't super rare in the economy.  
📌Important Information & References

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games