Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes
Monsters Among Us - Auction Flatsale - CLOSED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:23 pm
User Image
Nans and Tahs of all ages!

Be prepared to have your collective minds blown!

Monday we opened our curtains to the world, revealing the secret horrors of the night! From slips of the Weaver's paw to B'alam who have tamed the very elements themselves- we have it all!

This is Day 5 of our grand act!
This show will begin on my word, your humble Ringleader and conclude the day after. With every event that you attend, my dears, you will earn one admission pass. That's right- you don't even need to win to gain one! At the end of the week you can turn in your admission passes for a chance to meet me personally!

Today's event will test what you value most- a lot of creative thought and a skilled hand at weaving the perfect disguise, or a lot of gold to outright buy something already tailored to your tastes. That's right! Do you want to risk putting in great effort, risk a fortune, or risk both? Our Costume Players have spent a lot of time preparing for this show so take your seats and throw it all on the line!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:37 pm

User Image

Starts: NOW
Ends: November 7th, 9PM PST exclaim Extended!

This event has two prizes! You can win either ONE or the other, not both. So yes, two winners this round!

The Rules
→ You may only enter for one!
→ You must bid a minimum of 1Bil. A lot of effort went into these B'alam!
→ This is a hybrid of a flatsale and an auction. How's that work? Essentially:

If you are the type to put a lot of creativity and thought into a character, we'll know! We'll be testing your creativity, your plots, and we'll take multiple factors into account, regardless of your bid. A brilliant entry could very well trump even the highest bid!

If you aren't the type to role play or you're more of a casual rper looking for muses but you want something THIS shiny in your hoarde, then a rather attractive bid may trump the promps presented.

If you /really/ cannot live without the B'alam, you can put in a stellar entry /and/ top it off with a generous bid to up your chances.

→ This event will be primarily judged by Ririka, the artist of these two, but the rest of the staff will be deferred to in order to keep things fair.
→ Trades must be sent within 24 hours or a new winner will be chosen!
→ To clarify- these B'alam are costume players. See the specifics down below in the previews.
→ Even if you are bidding, you must enter a prompt.

Form ||

[align=center][b][size=18]My Fortune for some Talent or my Talent for a Fortune~[/b][/size][/align]
[b]The Basics ||[/b][size=9]
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]Your SN ||[/b]
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]Your Bid ||[/b] (Minimum of 1bil, you can bid as high as you wish!) [color=red]Bid amount here[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]What B'alam are you bidding on?[/b] (The Beautiful Beast or the Masked Nightmare?)
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]What trait(s) are part of the costume?[/b] (Testing your general understanding of B'alam traits to be clear!)
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]Will you RP this B'alam?[/b]
[/size]
[b]The Prompt ||[/b][size=9]
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]Name this B'alam ||[/b]
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]Name Meaning/Reason ||[/b]
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]Give their origin story ||[/b]
(See Beginner's Guide and "Awakening" info for more details if needed. Explain where this B'alam came from, how they joined the circus, and where they got the idea of being a costume player.)
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]Why did they choose to dress up this way?[/b]
(Explain their costume!)
[color=white]xx[/color]◘ [b]What plots do you want for this B'alam?[/b]
(Will they stay with the circus? Will they seek their other half? Will they want a family? Will they use their skills in other ways, etc. Let us know where you want to go with this beauty!)
[/size]

The Grand Weaver
Captain

The Grand Weaver
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:45 pm
Prize Corner ||

The Beautiful Beast
User Image
This actor is quite talented with working both metals, wood, and sap. He has crafted himself a golden crown to give the appearance of additional horns along his forehead. So dedicated is he to his craft that after sculpting a spine of wooden spikes and "scales", he actually stuck them to his fur using sap. Removing it...won't be fun. This task was made doubly difficult because he's especially proud of his long, flowing locks of white hair.

The Masked Nightmare
User ImageUser Image
This actor is an accomplished hunter and pelt-worker. He obtained a Harmadillo skull from the Tamer when one of his... shows didn't go over so well. The pelt is one from a Floofalo, it was easy enough to obtain. The horns, sadly, came from a wild Doat who perished because its horns were the perfect final touch to this costume. Together, they've created something horribly fierce in appearance.

Admission Tickets

User Image

1. [ Radical Dreamer ] | Obtained via: Threadbare Flatsale Entry
  2. Teigra | Obtained via: Threadbare Flatsale Entry
  3. Chibi_Kokoro143 | Obtained via: Threadbare Flatsale Entry
  4. [X]Natty-Chan[X] | Obtained via: Threadbare Flatsale Entry
  5. krusnik05 | Obtained via: Threadbare Flatsale Entry
  6. Anderleit | Obtained via: Threadbare Flatsale Entry
  7. CaliWolfe | Obtained via: Threadbare Flatsale Entry
  8. [ Radical Dreamer ] | Obtained via: Lucky Knives
  9. Zakiax | Obtained via: Lucky Knives
  10. GunSniper | Obtained via: Lucky Knives
  11. [X]Natty-Chan[X] | Obtained via: Lucky Knives
  12. Chibi_Kokoro143 | Obtained via: Lucky Knives
  13. Anderleit | Obtained via: Lucky Knives
  14. CaliWolfe | Obtained via: Lucky Knives
  15. Teigra | Obtained via: Lucky Knives
  16. Seruta | Obtained via: Lucky Knives
  17. GunSniper | Obtained via: Harmadillo Tamer
  18. Ririka | Obtained via: Hamadillo Tamer
  19. Teigra | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  20. Chibi_Kokoro143 | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  21. Zakiax | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  22. [X]Natty-Chan[X] | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  23. Intomniac | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  24. Rein_Carnation | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  25. CaliWolfe | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  26. [ Radical Dreamer ] | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  27. krusnik05 | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  28. Anderleit | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  29. shyanimegrl | Obtained by: Harmadillo Tamer
  30. Teigra | Obtained Via: Beauty in the Blaze
  31. Zakiax | Obtained Via: Beauty in the Blaze
  32. [X]Natty-Chan[X] | Obtained Via: Beauty in the Blaze
  33. magnadearel | Obtained Via: Beauty in the Blaze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:54 am
My Fortune for some Talent or my Talent for a Fortune~

The Basics ||
xxYour SN || GunSniper
xxYour Bid || 1 bill
xxWhat B'alam are you bidding on? The Beautiful Beast
xxWhat trait(s) are part of the costume? The additional golden horn, the bark/sap scales and spikes
xxWill you RP this B'alam? Yes!

The Prompt ||
xxName this B'alam || Traoubordour
xxName Meaning/Reason || From a Eurpoean fairy tale of a Dragon prince, also a bard class in Dragon Quest. The reason behind this name is a types of roles he likes to play OOCly inspired by European lore (which is the inspiration for the Dark Tribe). Also, I can see song being part of some of his acts.
xxGive their origin story ||
Traoubordour woke near the dark tribe, unsure of his life and purpose. Upon wandering he happened upon the stage and found that he liked to watch the actors perform. Their costumes, movements, everything about them was captivating. However, he never pursued the stage as he did not look like the other actors... He felt out of place compared to the wing'd ones. All he would do is watch and learn from the actors and costume makers in the background. On his own he would practice the craft, than watch and learn more the next day. As fate would have it, he found the troup and noted that they were all very different. Because of this he felt he would have his chance at being able to surpass those he had spent his first moments of life studying. He wanted to impress all who saw him, this group gave him his chance.

xxWhy did they choose to dress up this way?
Traoubordour made his costume to show that he was far more dedicated to his roles than anyone. He wanted to be sure he left an impression on all who payed eyes upon him. Some of the statues within the dark tribe, creatures which he could not identify, were the brunt of his inspiration. They were sculpted about the tribe and were known by those who set eyes on them. They were bold, elegant, and ever present. A perfect model for who he aspired to be. The pain of putting on his costume was all the more a symbol of his dedication to his profession (which he believes is far more than those he spent time watching). The ability to keep his fur beautiful while applying sap and bark proves (in some strange way) that he is a master at both acting and costume.

xxWhat plots do you want for this B'alam?
Traoubordour will stay in the circus for the time being. He owes his stardom and opportunity for greatness to them and will spend his time making them stand out along with him.
I would love to see someone try to win his heart, maybe even pull him from his obsession with surpassing those he spent so long watching in the theater.
Another plot I would like to have is him meeting the one who carved the statues so that he might show off his personal spin on them. Perhaps gain some spite or more admiration for the unknown creature and the creator.

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

[X]Natty-Chan[X]

Floppy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:21 pm

The Basics ||
xxYour SN || [X]Natty-Chan[X]
xxYour Bid || 5 billion
xxWhat trait(s) are part of the costume? The horns on his forehead, as well as the "scales" and spikes on his back.
xxWill you RP this B'alam? Yes.

The Prompt ||
xxName this B'alam || Maximillian
xxName Meaning/Reason ||
Maximillian: From the Roman name Maximilianus, which was derived from MAXIMUS. It was borne by a 3rd-century saint and martyr. In the 15th century the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick III gave this name to his son and eventual heir. In this case it was a blend of the names of the Roman generals Fabius Maximus and Cornelius Scipio Aemilianus, who Frederick admired. It was subsequently borne by a second Holy Roman Emperor, two kings of Bavaria, and a short-lived Habsburg emperor of Mexico.

I feel the name suits his regal and imposing appearance.

Maximillian woke somewhere between the Fire and the Light tribe, unsure what to do first, but with this idea he was meant for greatness. As he wandered, he was always impressed by the scales of the Light Tribe members that he would see coming and going, but he ventured toward the Fire Tribe instead and remained there for a brief moment. He would venture from time to time, and on one day he happened upon a group of B'alam putting on a show of some kind. Out of curiosity, he watched the show. It was entertaining, but nothing too spectacular. It was only until he caught eye of the pelted performer and was intrigued by the design, how it seemed to be made from different parts to make such a beastly mask; it was amazing. It was here that he started to feel his calling more and more. He wanted to learn this craft at making costumes and "clothing", he wanted to impress others and make them question their eyes with his skill. Making no hesitation, he began to learn how to work different materials: metal, sap and wood. With every new technique he learned, he applied it to his experimental costume. After several versions and changes, Maximillian eventually comes up with the final design he had now. Seeing himself as the perfect model to display his creation, he attaches it carefully to his fur with sap. Whenever he would walk about, he seemed to savor all the looks he got, all the gossip, all the attention he seemed to draw; whether good or bad. Wanting more of this attention, he set off to find the performers he had before and join them; so many others can see his craft, as well as, be just as amazed as he was when he first laid eyes on it.

Maximilian chose to dress up the way he did for two reasons. The first is from where he had awoken from. Waking up near the Light tribe and seeing its members coming and going from their homes. He was impressed by the way their dazzling scales looked in the light. When he designed this costume, he wanted to try to show this lovely feature in his "scales", by the choice of color of the material he used. The second inspiration has a little more "functionality" than the first. Despite his natural imposing horns on his head, Maximilian is a little smaller than usual and frail as well. He is not much of a fighter, and would rather prefer it to stay that way. Because of this, he added the additional horns and spikes on his costume to seem more intimidating than he actually is.

After Maximillian joins the circus, he will remain there for a few years or so; proudly displaying his craft to others. I will keep most of his RPs with other circus members, with the occasional ORP when he has a performance so other B'alam can watch and enjoy his talent; or the rare occasion he ventures away from the circus. He won't deliberately search for his other half he will even do his best to avoid it as long as possible.

He will eventually leave the circus after a dispute with one of the other members, or maybe because of jealousy. In the end, I would love to have a fight happen, resulting in Maximillian as the loser, with a lot of his costume ripped off. I'd even be willing to custom another version of him to display this. (If it's allowed to, of course.) Once out of the circus, he will wander on his own to heal his wounds and his broken pride. Even after leaving the circus, he will refuse to search for his other half himself, and even if they find him, they would have to work on impressing him. So him having a mate is a possibility, not a definite thing and the same goes with cubs of his own. He will even try to enhance his craft while exploring, even going to the Fire tribe to learn more techniques to make his costumes better; possibly offer it to other B'alam to use it as either camouflage or protection.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:31 pm

The Basics ||
xxYour SN || Zakiax
xxYour Bid || (Minimum of 1bil, you can bid as high as you wish!) 5 bil
xx the Masked Nightmare?)
xxWhat trait(s) are part of the costume? Harmadillo Skull, Doat Horns, and Floofalo fluff are a part of his costume.
xxWill you RP this B'alam? Yes

The Prompt ||
xxName this B'alam || Aslan
xxName Meaning/Reason || Means lion in turkish
Aslan awoke near the mountains in the north. With the bitter cold there he began to collect floofalo fur to keep himself warm. After a while of living there he began to travel to see the world. this is when he ran into the circus and decided to join it. Wanting to fit in with the troupe he began to create the costume he now wears today.
A first the Floofalo fur began as a way to keep warm. and soon the fluff became sort of a part of him. After exploring he found other creatures he could potentially use as parts in his costume. It took him a while but finally he found the right parts to finish his costume.
I want him to come to enjoy scaring/horrifiying others with his costume.
I want him to start working on another horrific costume, one that is better than this one.
I would like for aslan to stick with the circus for a while and then perhaps branch out. Maybe find his mate among the FNAF Colony and join them in their endeavors to scare their customers.

Zakiax
Crew

Vicious Firestarter

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:04 pm

The Basics ||
xxYour SN || [ Radical Dreamer ]
xxYour Bid || 1 Bill
xxWhat B'alam are you bidding on? Masked Nightmare

xxWhat trait(s) are part of the costume? This actor is an accomplished hunter and pelt-worker. He obtained a Harmadillo skull from the Tamer when one of his... shows didn't go over so well. The pelt is one from a Floofalo, it was easy enough to obtain. The horns, sadly, came from a wild Doat who perished because its horns were the perfect final touch to this costume. Together, they've created something horribly fierce in appearance.
xxWill you RP this B'alam? Yes.

The Prompt ||
xxName this B'alam || Faux
xxName Meaning/Reason ||
Faux
adjective
1. artificial or imitation; fake:
I like this name, it's strange and unique. His Stage name would simply be: 'The Faux Beast'. The fake beast, because he is. However, the word Faux might be consider so rarely used, that most wouldn't think too much about it and only giving him a more mysterious nature.
How Faux found the Circus:
Having a healthy desire to be covered in dead things....
Faux came across the circus while hunting. Wearing his kill, he was confused for a beast. Upon his discovery of being a normal b'alam, they thought it wonderful for a part in a show and for the Mistress an oddity....which perhaps help motivate her desire to maim cubs.
How the pelt was made:
Floofalo: Scavenged off of dinner one night, before meeting everyone at the Carnival.
Doat Horns: A friendly, curious Doat came upon the Carnival. Got along with everyone, Faux took a shine to it's horns, and was nice enough to provide the groupe with food. They never saw the friendly Doat again. (The Mistress, often teases the idea of finding a stray Doat and sticking it's horns on one of the cubs.) That dinner the night the Doat went missing, is still talked about.
Harmadillo skull: Traded from the Tamer for some nice Doat fur....
I think it would be interesting for Faux and the other Actor to somewhat be rivals. Friends but rivals. He wanted to make a better beast. One that wasn't 'pretty' and stunning. Not having the hair that his fellow actor did, Faux had to get more creative then the pretty Tahtll. One that would take away the 'b'alamnaity' (B'alam-naity, kinda like 'humanity'. Ha! Get it?) from the monster he played. He need something that covered the face completely, looked gruesome, not normal; and dead... That way, all the more of a victory for the hero, if he was to be slain in the part. Or if he was to play a 'beast' in where he become 'normal' with true-love's lick, his mask could easily be removed for a magical 'change'. (Unlike some, that thought sap and fur was a good idea.)
-This b'alam would be ambitious, and I would like a healthy rivalry with the other actors...maybe even not so healthy.
-It would be cool for him to visit the dark tribe's theater someday.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:05 pm

The Basics ||
xxYour SN || krusnik05
xxYour Bid || 1 bil
xxWhat B'alam are you bidding on? Masked Nightmare
xxWhat trait(s) are part of the costume? The Harmadillo mask, the Floofalo pelt and wild doat horns belong to his costume.
xxWill you RP this B'alam? Yes

The Prompt ||
xxName this B'alam || Bugaboo
xxName Meaning/Reason || It is another name for the Bogeyman. As we know the bogeyman is an imaginary monster to scare children to be good, to go to sleep early or what have you. Looking at the initial image one would be frightened to see him especially when he roars and moves a certain way to give life to that monstrous costume. Bugaboo takes it seriously to scare cubs and even adults.
(See Beginner's Guide and "Awakening" info for more details if needed. Explain where this B'alam came from, how they joined the circus, and where they got the idea of being a costume player.)

Bugaboo took in the breath of life then opened his eyes to see the world around him for the first time and it was a beautiful world. Yet as he took those first steps towards a journey of learning to survive, he moved from his awakening place in a cave where the comfort of darkness shielded him from others. For you see Bugaboo is quite gentle and has a respect of all life. He knew however that such gentleness in a harsh world could very well mean death so Bugaboo had to think of a way to keep his gentle soul without becoming weak to others and a target. One of those ways was becoming proficient in hunting of which he enjoyed the thrill of it. The Tah explored areas that had bountiful prey from the open Plains of his home towards the edge of the north where he saw for the first time a Floofalo. Looking healthy and juice, especially in the shoulder's area, Bugaboo knew that he found a good area to hunt but he was much more interested in the pelt that the creature possessed. Coming closer to the creatures slowly, he rubbed against one to feel their fur and yes, oh yes indeed, it was soft and downy. Perfect to make a protective cover, he had mused to himself. To be able to extract the pelt he would have to find great use for the rest of the creature as he didn't believe in wasting any part of his prey and whatever he could not use, he would bury with a small prayer of thanks for the sustenance and continue on.

But what if....just what if he could do something special with this pelt? Bugaboo thought about that for a moment and nodded. It would be good to be able to provide covering for others.

Leaving that area, the Tah traveled south past the Light Tribe and close to the Dark Tribe where he encountered something horrifically spectacular! It was a strange and gut wretching circus that he entered to see the strangest, saddest, scariest and daring B'alam. Bugaboo became immediately fascinated by this world especially when he felt as though he could fit in by hiding his true self somehow. That's it! ...He would have to hide by creating a disguise of some sort! First he had to convince the Ringleader to allow him to join the circus and that he would develop a skill that would benefit him and the others aside from his rather good skills at hunting. Not only that but he would have to convince the Ringleader that he could transform into a hideous and scary creature that would bring fear to everyone's hearts especially with the memory of his mighty roar and low prowl as if always ready to pounce!

Well Bugaboo knew that he couldn't create anything beautiful and elegant especially when he had clumsy paws that would wreck such beauty but...what if he could create something that was the opposite of beauty? Why not create something beastly and frightening that would give others nightmares to the possibility that such a creature may really exist? So Bugaboo created something by gathering items that were important. Approaching the Harmadillo trainer, he asked if perhaps there were any skulls in good condition as he heard that those creatures had hard bones. Obtaining one that seemed to fit his head perfectly with enough room to be able to slide it out he kept it until he returned to the Northern borders where he hunted down a reddish-brown Floofalo. The creature didn't stand a chance especially when his pelt was the most fluffy. It took a bit of time to encounter a wild doat and subdue the creature long enough for it to reach it's demise for the horns. Bugaboo spent even more time trying to figure out how to put it together but managed to do so and when he was finished.....he was actually proud of himself at the sight of the hideous costume that when he placed it one he became someone else. The gentle side of him was hidden safely and now he was this strong, fierce, scary and monstrous creature that brought him amusement when others looked at him and wondered what seriously went wrong with him. If no one knew that it was a costume they would assume he truly looked like that but that was part of the mystery and he fell into that role as a costume player quite easily.
(Will they stay with the circus? Will they seek their other half? Will they want a family? Will they use their skills in other ways, etc. Let us know where you want to go with this beauty!)

I definitely want Bugaboo to stay in the circus but while here in the circus I want him to sort of lose his identity of being a kind Tah and turn into that hideous beast that he continues to portray show after show, perfecting his show-Tah skills, losing himself into that role.

What would be even cool is that Bugaboo does find his other half either someone from the audience or maybe another in the circus watching him struggle with his duality as he hasn't made it a point to be around others often. I totally want a Beauty and the Beast type of plot for him!

Definitely he needs to have offspring later on down the road who will become little monsters and he will teach them how to create their costumes to look adorably frightening!

Perhaps he has conflict with someone else in the circus? What about his shred of sympathy exists when looking at the cubs from The Mistress?

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:32 pm

The Basics ||
xxYour SN || ~Twilight...Angel~
xxYour Bid || 15 Billion
xxWhat trait(s) are part of the costume? His scales on his back and the horns on his nose, made of sap and bark.
xxWill you RP this B'alam? Yes! I want to get him plots and everything!

The Prompt ||
xxName this B'alam || Frumusete de Aur
xxName Meaning/Reason || It is Romanian for Golden Beauty. He is named as such because of his Beauty. Seeing himself as more beautiful than any other, therefore, Golden. Also, Romanian because he's a traveler!
xxGive their origin story || Frumusete de Aur woke up in the middle of a field filled with flowers. It was a strange and simple place, but he thought it was nice. The flowers were beautiful. Filled with so many different colors, so many different shapes and sizes. Really there couldn't be anything more beautiful than where he was in that moment. Slowly he moved from place to place, trying to find something as beautiful to him as the flowers he had awoken in. Though he tried and tried, he was never able to find what he sought. Only once did he come close to finding what he wanted. When he had wandered close to the Light tribe, he saw their scales. The beautiful light that came from their scales and horns was simply too much for him to take. He wanted to find one in this place that was a beautiful as himself. As beautiful as the flowers he had woken up in. To help him find what he wants easily, he decided he needed to have scales such as they had. To have horns that were just as beautiful as the Light tribe. Frumusete de Aur achieved this with sap and bark. It took him a very long time to get his scales and horns perfect. To get them as beautiful as what he had seen. Perhaps even more beautiful than what he had seen. He knew at that point that in order to find what he wanted, he would need to make sure that others saw his own beauty. This was sure to make anyone just as beautiful as himself gravitate to him. It was the only possible thing in his mind. He would search for as long as it took.
Not long after he had placed his scales and horns on himself, he found this strange... circus... as they called it. He found the performers interesting enough and decided that this was the perfect way to get around all the lands. The perfect way to see as many beautiful B'alam as he possibly could. The perfect way to find what it is that he's looking for. The most beautiful other he could possibly find.
xxWhy did they choose to dress up this way? Being as vain as Frumusete de Aur is, he wanted to look more like the beautiful Light tribe balam's he had seen on his way to finiding the Circus. Truly he didn't see himself as the most beautiful until he added his scales of bark and sap, but he would never let anyone onto that fact.
Before: There really wasn't much for him before his place in the circus. But it's something he needs to deal with.
Circus: Currently the Circus is the place he thinks he should be. At least until he can find something better. Something that is more to his station.
Vanity: Really he knew he was something to behold. Something that others had to look at and enjoy. They should feel blessed to look at someone such as himself. Really, it's an honor.
Leaving Behind: Finding his other half sounds like an interesting proposition, so he decides to try it out. This means he's going to have to leave those he's seen as family for a while. Though this is a bit hard for him, he wants to find someone just as beautiful as himself to bond with.
Other: Frumusete de Aur has been taken in by the looks of another. Truly this one would be interesting to get to know at least. Maybe even grow to like... At least he would be able to admire their beauty.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:00 pm

The Basics ||
xxYour SN || Anderleit
xxYour Bid || 30 billion
xxWhat trait(s) are part of the costume? His front-facing pair of horns and the scaly, spiny crest down his back.
xxWill you RP this B'alam? Yes!

The Prompt ||
xxName this B'alam || Alunde
xxName Meaning/Reason || Based off of this song by 1860. The chant 'alunde, aluia' is South African in nature - in it, his name means 'a new day', which I feel reflect this guy's story of finding who he is through reinventing himself. I also like the song quite a bit and feel like it explains a lot of the conflict in his day-to-day mindset.
From the moment Alunde woke, he seemed to think he was...incomplete. He was woven into life on the edge of the Fire tribe, and marveled at the loveliness of the Fire magi - only to despair as they splintered. He felt they wasted their perfection, and it bothered him deeply. He left the Fire B'alam and their disappointments behind, traveling wherever his paws took him. On the way, he learned a great deal about the shaping of metals, wood and sap, and took pleasure in doing so.

In his travels, he was fortunate enough to meet the Light B'alam, and was instantly besotted with their ingenuity - not to mention their horns and scales. Spending time with them seemed to fill an emptiness in him, and first put him on the path toward applying his newfound arts to changing his appearance.

He found the circus quite by accident, but took to it readily. There was his answer! In the tents and before the crowds, he could don his true face and act as he pleased. Creating his horns and spines, affixing them to himself...it was as natural as breathing. Alunde takes no offense to being called a beast if it means he can finally be himself.

He had seen other B'alam on his traveled, and admired them; he seemed to think that he, too, would be more efficient, more lovely, if only he had their features. He was overjoyed once he found a place in the circus to be the Tah he always felt he could be - to wear on the outside the monster he felt he was within.
- I would love to have retroactive plots with other tribes of B'alam and establishing himself as a wanderer.
- He would definitely seek his other half, but she would have to accept him as a beast.

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

Ririka
Vice Captain

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:28 pm
THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO ENTERED!
It was so much fun reading through all the entries and watching the creative juices flow!

For those interested in the judging system, only myself and Thalion judged all the entries, keeping all staff whom decided to enter out of the judging process. We used score cards to grade each entry. We did not allow each other to talk about our scores or thoughts on each entry during this process. Once we were both done we came together to add up all final scores.

So even if were were to add another 10 point scale based on bids nothing would really change.

We wanted this to be as fair as possible for everyone.

Here are our winners!
Please send your bids directly to me ASAP! THANKS AGAIN!

GunSniper
User Image

krusnik05
User ImageUser Image

[ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out