Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:27 pm
Your feelings do not leave. They are part of you, they make you stronger. That in turn strengthens us all. The voices were kind, sweet as they spoke to Zac. It's head tilted once more, a small smile tugging at it's mouth.

No, it answered, I was never like you.

endejester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:32 pm
“Were you always, like this then?” He asked cautiously. The kindness though was plucking at his walls of caution though. It was probably dangerous, he knew that, but hadn’t everyone else made reckless choices in their time? Hadn’t Jeremiah even?

“… how – how do you help? What would, what would that entail?”

He was thinking about Heliodora though... how could he not?

Ashdown Whaler

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:27 pm
It shook it's head. Something else, a long time ago. Now I am we. This time it let go of Zac's hand and pressed a hand to his cheek. It was a soft, gentle caress.

Sweet.

You would join us. You would find a place amongst us. You would never be lost and always know what must be known.

endejester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:07 pm
Temptation, and anxiety, what a paradox to be caught in, his own darker thoughts somehow seemed less scary.

“I… I don’t…” he stammered and glanced away. “I-“
He squeezed his eyes shut.
“I don’t- I – I don’t want to not be me he admitted, and as sweet and soft as the voice was there was fear that gripped him.
But
He’d have a place, and more than that he’d know what must be known, it was a tantalizing offer.
“I – I’d just, I don’t know.”

He thought about Jeremiah, accepting the roll of being traded for fetch, of becoming noble.

Ashdown Whaler

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:11 pm
You are still you, you are just more. The voices were soft, encouraging. They understood, they understood well what his feelings felt like.

As if sensing his thoughts, they spoke once more. We are not the Court. We are the faceless; we guide and we guard. With us, none shall be hurt. We protect against that but we must be allowed.

endejester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:16 pm
It was perfect… so perfect, too perfect? He was less and less sure he cared.
“W-what would I do?”
The question left him almost without realizing that he’d spoken, such a yearning there. He’d been willing to wait to die to save someone, wouldn’t it be better to live for them?

“What would I do… if I … if I didn’t want to be lost anymore.”

Ashdown Whaler

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:28 pm
Say yes, the voices responded, the back of it's fingers brushing against Zac's cheek.

endejester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:30 pm
“…I…” He almost said yes right then, so close.

“… If I changed my mind.” He said suddenly, desperately.

Ashdown Whaler

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:32 pm
You come back to us here, the voices respond. Yet they clearly sounded sad at this idea. You say you wish to leave.

endejester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:34 pm
He bit his lip hard, he could taste a touch of blood with it.

“….yes.”

Ashdown Whaler

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:39 pm
The moment he said yes, hands were pressed to Zac's cheek and then it felt as if they were pushing into him. Not just his face, but his entire being. The world would fade away, spinning out of focus as consciousness was stripped from him.

We will welcome you, Zac, the voices said, and we will keep you safe amongst the collective consciousness. The words would echo in his mind long after he woke back up (in Ashdown no less). A presence would linger in his mind, a sense that he was no longer alone.

He was now part of something greater, something that could not get lost, something that protected.

Zac was now burdened with glorious purpose.

endejester
CONSEQUENCE

Until he returns to other ashdown and speaks once more with the faceless, Zac will find himself slowly turning into one. His skin will turn to plastic in patches (parts of his body shifting to plastic and turning back to skin). His face may blur in and out of focus for those who are riser and below. To those of beyond status, he seems to glow sometimes and his features are in a soft focus. Normal people, those who are not visitors, may give him strange looks or act as if he does not even exist.

In addition he will also start to hear the voices of the faceless as a quiet whisper in the back of his mind. Zac will slowly lose his sense of self and view himself as part of the collective conscious the longer he is in this state.

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff