azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:13 pm
Nasir was trying out his new fall wardrobe, a rather nice long skirt with a floral pattern and a particularly soft knitted sweater. Raising a hand he was knocking on the door to Blue's house, having not actually seen him in person in several months, and then was making sure the twine wrapped box in his arm was safe.

Mostly because he was totally expecting that Blue had not had it in a while and he absolutely wanted to see his friend smile (because Blue had seemed more something lately that wasn't necessarily a good thing).

elkbones
what are good starts? not this!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:30 am
There was a sound of barking and big dogs running around inside of the house. Blue had trained Victor and Trinket well enough, but company still excited him. When he opened the door, he was staring up at Nasir from where he was bent, holding onto Victor and Trinkets collars to keep them from barreling the other man over entirely.

"Nasir!" He gasped, and swung one leg over Victor and clamped his legs around the dog to keep him still. "Come in, and I'll give you an actual hug. If I let them go now, they'll overrun you, and that's the worst way to say hello. It's been awhile."

His eyes were viciously bright with happiness, but something else shadowed them. Something anxious.

"How have you been? I missed you."

azuredreams
lmfao like i ever post good things

moonjavas

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:49 am
"... are they bigger than before?" Nasir was blinking, looking at the dogs and trying to remember. Perhaps it was just because they were pictures the last time he had really seen them.

He shook his head and smiled. "Hi Blue." There was his familiar warm and sunny smile, brown eyes bright behind his glasses. The young man was stepping inside, squirming around the dogs and shaking a finger when one sniffed at the box.

"Nuh uh. Not for you." He glanced up to Blue once he was inside, noting the shift that was there. It worried him when he put it together with their recent online conversations. "I deal with Borr's two giant dogs all the time, so I understand."

Shuffling in his flats, not heels because he had remembered giant dogs and those did not go well with them, he continued on. "Doing alright, still working at Darlene's- oh I'm going to start going to Boston for culinary school soon though! Glad to see you back. You enjoying yourself here?" While Nasir had a lot of friends there weren't a lot of people that were friends and Blue was one of them because they had known each other for years off and on.

"I missed you too," he said, that smile still there because the moment Blue was free of the dogs he was totally getting a hug from Nasir.

elkbones

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:02 am
"Victor grows fat when I'm not at home because no one listens when I tell them his diet is strict for a reason," Blue said, irritated, and pulled the lumbering mass of fur and slobber back from the door to make room for Nasir.

Once inside, Blue let the door swing shut and released the dogs. They bounded up and crowded around Nasir's legs, sniffing at him happily, whining in excitement. Blue said, "They're like children." But his tone was fond.

He looked up at Nasir and smiled, returning the hug with a tight squeeze that lasted until he was forced to let go. He was dressed casually, a long cardigan with chunky knits over a floral print sundress and leggings. He'd kicked off his shoes but wore knee high socks that kept sliding down.

"That's great!" Blue said, looking up at Nasir. "Boston is nice, it's where my coaches are." He fumbled a little bit at the question. "It's strange here," he admitted, "Like, I thought it was weird before, because that's what Ashdown is - but it's gotten weirder since I came back. Or maybe I was just too young and dumb to notice before." He shook his head and stepped over Trinket, reaching out to grab Nasir's hand and lead him back into the kitchen and living room area. The dogs padded after them loyally.

Blue looked back at Nasir with a smile as he moved.

"Will I get to take you out on the ice sometime now that we live in the same town?" he asked, and paused, and pointed. "You're also cuter than before. I have things I've stashed away because I wanted to give them to you to wear when I was traveling. Will you finally let me dress you up too?" His eyes were dancing and wild. "I really missed you," he added again. "Seriously. I'm sorry I didn't drop by or say hi again sooner."

azuredreams

moonjavas

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:26 am
Nasir really was used to the big dogs and navigated with ease, hugging Blue with one arm and using a leg to urge the dogs away with a few subtle pushes. His flats were slipped off, the young man still getting used to skirts more often (even if he had leggings underneath). "You're telling me- It was always odd but now it's really odd with the weather and the Shore mansion disappearing."

He huffed. "I remember when you used to message me about weird things before I moved here and even then ..." It wasn't nearly as it was weird now. Nasir absently rubbed at his bicep, the scars that were there now because of what happened at the job fair before the hand was taken into Blue's and he was giving it an affectionate squeeze.

The taller young man missed friends like this. The ones who didn't mind being close and allowed contact easily and without care. "I was purposely waiting for you to be around at the right time," he said with a laugh, "to go out on the ice. I haven't been!" Which said something because he was clearly waiting for the other as he had promised he'd let Blue be the first to take him out.

... and then Nasir was turning a ruddy red, head ducking down and not able to fiddle with one of the clips in his hair because he was holding the cake box in his arm (Blue still had the other occupied). "You can, I ... uh ... I like wearing stuff like this? I just don't know much about it? It's very comfortable ..." Redredred.

"I'm just glad you're back, Blue. You don't have to say sorry. You can always make it up to me by helping me out with clothing ... Oh! I did get that last parcel though with all the hair things!" His head tilted towards Blue because there were some things in his hair currently that the other had sent him. Sometimes he had ended up with strange ones from the places the other went and Nasir would always wear them.

The box (which smelled amazing and totally familiar because it was sachertorte) was set down when he was able to set it down so that he could pull Blue into a proper hug and hide his face in his hair.

Nasir really did miss him.
word count: 713

e1kbones

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:25 pm
"Oh, that is weird," Blue replied, frowning. He knew the town and its penchant for oddities. But this was just one step too Silent Hill for him.

"You get used to it usually," Blue replied, "But lately I've been hearing all sorts of weird things. This detective guy was convinced magic exists in Ashdown - and apparently there's this big furry group or whatever, like werewolves. I can't become a werewolf, Nasir, I can't go on the ice like that."

Blue blinked at the ruddy red cheeks, snickering a little bit. "I like it, I'm glad you waited for me," he said, "I'll take you out and teach you how to skate. It'll be fun, and then we can get hotpot afterwards or something."

"It is comfortable," Blue asserted with a grin, "You can try on my whole closet if you like, we're close enough in size, and I know how to maximize being warm and being comfy at the same time."

He paused and his smile became a little more fond, a little more happy. He reached out and squeezed Nasir into a proper hug too, nuzzling into his chest happily.

"I'm glad to be back too," he offered, "I have lots of packages I wasn't able to send just for you too. Traveling does have its perks, but I'm glad to be here finally."

azuredreams

moonjavas

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces