[prp] notice me [Chris & Isobel]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:36 pm
Since the road trip had taken them so much time, Chris was back to working in the downtown garden, taking care of what had been neglected from running off to well, the entire rest of the USA. The garden wasn't as bad as it was from a month of neglect, the work barely anything in comparison, but it was still a lot and the weeding would be a little harder without rain to ease the way and help him differ from the real to the fake.

Luckily for him, it seemed no one wanted to be in the park at the moment. Maybe they were enjoying the lack of rain to get errands and chores done, maybe they were dealing with property damage. Whatever it was, the park was empty and the garden was empty and he had been waiting and working for so long that he knew it wasn't about to change. He bent back to the plants, his fingers ghosting along the plants, an idea in his head. The work would be easier with another and Chris, ever enterprising, had worked with these plants enough that one would be willing to help.

His fingers trailed along the leaves, finally falling on the rosebush. The rosebush was happy to see him, familiar with him. He hadn't ever dared to summon a spirit in public but today, today he felt like risking it. He first asked it a gently question, to see how it was, but then he took a small breath and asked, "Come out for me?"

It took a quiet minute, a moment where Chris held his breath but finally, appearing before him, was a small spirit. She was short, a little older than Heddy, maybe ten to what looked like Heddy's eight, and her hair was up in an elegant bun. Her dress was just a simple dress in the red that was her roses, with a green little shawl over it. "Hello," She said, blinking up at Chris happily. "Do you want help with the weeds?"

Ephebe

[wc: 338]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:06 am
Isobel hadn't meant to be sneaky, it was just that she and Madam Nibbs had been coming up behind the guy in the garden, curious to see the plants up close, and then, well, the guy had done something clearly magic.

Which, to be honest, she wasn't entirely sure what was, exactly, but there was a girl there who plainly hadn't been there a moment before and frankly Tibbie was confused but intrigued. Nibbs less so, sitting in her cozy spot in the bag and surveying the park with bored disinterest - perhaps magic wasn't quite so fantastical when you were a cat.

In any case, they slowly approached, close enough now to overhear the little girl's words. How best to not startle someone? Isobel went for clearing her throat, which wasn't a great success because the first try was almost inaudible, but then she tried again and it went perhaps a tad too well because now she sounded rather like Umbridge from Harry Potter and that hadn't been what she was going for at all. Sheepishly she shifted from one foot to another, a hand on her over-the-shoulder-bag's strap and one on the little Madam, eyes flicking between the two other people in the garden; "um, hello?"

PeanutButterpies

Ephebe

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:34 pm
Completely enveloped by the summoning, Chris was mostly focused on the new arrival. "I do, but first, what's your name?" He asked her, smiling. He was at her height still, since he hadn't bothered to straighten when he summoned her, and he was able to see her expression very clearly. Which is why when she didn't reply, her red eyes focused on something behind him, he frowned and then finally heard the clearing of someone's throat.

Well, he had messed this up.

Jerking up suddenly he turned around in a slight panic, eyes finally falling upon who was there. The rose spirit shuffled behind Chris' leg, peeking out from around it and the movement would have been endearing and reminding him of Heddy if it wasn't for the worry he felt. "Hello," He said back evenly, wondering if there was anything he could do to explain but well, he probably had been caught. "How long have you been here?"

Ephebe

[wc: 157]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:15 pm
Isobel bit her lip and shifted on her feet as the man jerked up, obviously in surprise - she'd wanted to avoid that, but it'd been a bust. "Hi," she said, and then realised she'd already said 'hello' - hastily she moved on to, "j-just a little while! Just-" her eyes involuntarily fell to the cute little girl hiding behind his leg and she couldn't help a guilty wince- "long enough?"

Okay, that'd sounded a bit more cheeky than what she'd been going for. "I-I mean it's alright! You, um, you don't need to worry - I already know about magic and such. See?" She pointed to the crown of flower buds nestled in her hair, forgetting that it might not seem particularly magical at first glance.

"So, I was just curious because one minute you were alone and then you weren't and I've never seen anyone do anything like that! Was it teleportation?" She was warming up to the subject and as a result the flower buds in her hair were slowly unfurling a bit as she gestured vividly with her hands. "It was so cool! You two must be master wizards or, um, whatever it's called?" A beaming smile to the little girl in particular; "that's so amazing that you can do that!"

PeanutButterpies

Ephebe

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:06 pm
He frowned, hand coming down to rest on the spirit's head protectively. making sure that she was still here. He didn't know what threat the other person would pose yet and he didn't want to have summoned someone only to bring them into a threat. "Ah," He said in reply to her, clearly not pleased. She had most definitely seen then.

His eyebrows raised at her show of the crown of buds and his expression relaxed slightly. "Oh," He said quietly, because he had those too. The beanie he was wearing hid them currently, along with his hair, and he knew suddenly that she must have been at the ball as well. She must have seen what was going on.

Her questions though finally melted his expression fully, allowing him a slight smile. Her enthusiasm was nice and she was just curious it seemed and well, the rose spirit was already moving from his leg already, giving Chris a curious glance upwards. "No, it wasn't teleportation," He said, "Although that is possible. This is.." Chris paused, looking down at the plant spirit. "Dasi," She offered, her voice small but true. "Dasi, she's a rose spirit. I summoned her from the rose bush over here. I don't think she can do magic here, or at least not yet, so we're not master wizards but I appreciate the thought."

Ephebe

[wc: 227]

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces