Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] lives wasted away (connor & jeremiah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:12 am
seussi
text to: connor

meet me at the park.
we should talk.

It was a simple enough text to Connor. Jeremiah had known the young man for a little while. More formally when he had helped out during the early parts of the case in March, looking for the teens when it was more a simple missing persons case.

Now?

Now it was no longer so simple. Jeremiah stood in the park under an umbrella because the weather had turned. There was a pavilion nearby they could take cover under but he would not move there until Connor joined him. Clearly the young man had found himself caught up in all of this, remembered him briefly from Blackfriars, but he had not realized just how far he had gotten.

Besides, he still needed to thank him for the tip.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:30 pm
The park. Why not? It was only pissing down with rain outside. But Connor wasn't made of sugar (far from it) and he wasn't going to melt, and Peeble's certainly wasn't going to complain when the word "walk" was thrown out into the air, the now medium sized Rotty more than happy to go outside to splash at the puddles and bark at the droplets as they hit the pavement.

All it had taken was a few moments to get bundled up once a reply to Mercer's text was sent to say that he was on his way, an umbrella that leaned against the wall next to the door snatched up for obvious reasons. Peeble's pink leash was fastened to her collar and they were off.

It was about twenty minutes later when they arrived at the park, and minutes more before he honed in on Jeremiah and strode towards him with canine in tow.

"Lovely ******** weather we're having today, detective." He greeted the other man when he approached near enough to do so. "Couldn't have thought up a warmer setting for a chat?"

azuredreams

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 pm
"Well. I could have insisted we meet in other ashdown but it's raining there as well. The only difference is it's a warm rain." Jeremiah snorted, shifting and tilting his head towards the pavilion so that they could get out of the rain.

"Besides that I'm far too used to both rain and cold." There was a bit of amusement to his voice as he said that, stepping under the pavilion. "Snark aside, thank you for your text."

Seussi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:29 pm
Connor's nose wrinkled up in disgust at the thought, and muttered "No thanks." At the idea of meeting in Other Ashdown. He still wasn't a big fan of all of this magic. As if sensing her owners sudden change in emotion, Peebles let out a small whine, her ears going back.

Following Jer's gaze towards the pavilion, Connor shrugged and made his way that direction, tugging the Rottweiler along.

"I happen to prefer the cold, myself, but this rain can just screw off."

Joining the other man under the pavilion, he let out a short breath in a sigh, and ran fingers through his hair, grazing the rough edge of one of his newly acquired horns.

"Don't mention it. I honestly wasn't sure what else to do. My companion wasn't too keen on the idea of telling anybody on the force, at the time."

Azuredreams
sorry for taking forever here u go ;;/

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:36 pm
"I don't quite get a say myself when it comes to the cold." Jeremiah gave Connor an amused smile. "Though I agree that the rain can, ah, bugger off."

His eyes glinted and glowed in the shadows of the pavilion as he looked at Connor's horns with a wry smirk and shake of his head. "Those are becoming apparently fairly more common."

At least Jeremiah only smelled amazing after his encounter with a strange velvetwurm. His eyes glanced towards the pup and then back to it's owner.

"I truly appreciate it. While I don't agree with what the Sergeant attempted to do, I do believe she needs to be watched and possibly detained for what she's done. Especially given that she's not from here, not anymore."

Seussi
but u make such beautiful words!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:50 pm
The glowing eyes were a little off putting to say the least, but hell, he'd seen stranger things, so nothing really seemed to surprise him anymore. Peebles wagged her rump a little before sitting by his feet, but still seemed nervous and subdued, perhaps still just sensing her owners mild unease.

Hand dropping from his head, Connor grunted lightly. "They're a bit of a ******** pain, you know? Unsurprisingly, people who are being loaded into an ambulance aren't exactly comforted when they catch a glimpse. Seems they associate it with me being some kind of demon." His smile was dry, unamused. It was clear that he did not appreciate how his "gifts" interfered with his daily life, ruining any sense of normalcy he had left.

He nodded at Mercer's words, and dug into his pocket for a pack of cigarettes, flipping the top open and, after only a slight hesitation, tilting it towards the detective in offering.

"Your Sargent is a grade A ******** asshat. He nearly cut my damn fingers off."

azuredreams
aw u <3 phone posts ahoy

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:57 pm
"Before the ball the only other of our number I knew with horns was someone with doe horns." Jeremiah chuckled a little. "... and that hardly lent itself to being demonic but yours do seem to have that shape to them."

It was a little amusing to think that people were assuming a devil had come to take what was due when they were picked up by the ambulance. Not that he let that show. "I do understand the issues, however," as he waved a hand towards his eyes.

Jeremiah's head tilted a moment before he took one of the offered cigarettes to smoke. It wasn't like he had the same hang-ups about it that a certain other did.

"While I can't officially sanction him, I am planning on having a word with him about it. Attacking an unconscious and injured woman, regardless of what she's done, is reprehensible. Besides, as far as I understand it, there are ways to see her answer for what she's done on the other side."

Seussi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:15 pm
Connor gave the detectives oddly glowing eyes another once over, and simply nodded. He knew he wasn't the only one who had little physical modifications. He knew he wasn't the only one dealing with being thrust, even unwillingly, into this other world business. It didn't mean he wouldn't b***h about it, because he still felt like he was dealt a shitty hand, but it did give the situation a little perspective and temper him and just a little.

After Jer took an offered cig, Connor plucked one out for himself, sticking it between his lips while he fished out a lighter, offering that over as well once his was lit, smoke creeping up towards the pavilion cieling in swirling tendrils.

"Ya well, I feel like I owe him for that damn knife stunt. Fortunately for him, I'm not the violent type." He smiled his dry smile again, and took a long drag from his cigarette before letting out a long exhale to the side.

"I know she wasn't popular, and that our choice to help her was met with a little hostility, but it's not up to me to judge people, or decide whether they live or die, despite knowledge and personal opinion." A small pause.

"What ways?"

azuredreams

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:23 pm
Jeremiah lit the cigarette up, offering the lighter back and taking a slow drag. It had been a few months since his last cigarette and it was more a stress relief than a guilty pleasure.

Last time he had smoked he had chain smoked an entire pack of cigarettes (thanks Sunny).

His head turned away to release the smoke, a ring escaping, before he looked back. "Unfortunately for him, he's one of my detectives and he may not enjoy the work load he's about to be running into."

Jeremiah's lips twitched as Connor asked and he flicked ashes off of the cigarette carefully. "There are apparently those with abilities beyond what we have. Those who can shift shape, the moonwalkers, and those who have familiars, the wargs. They have their own ties to the court and I think, if looked into, it's something we can see done. That she can be made to answer by one of these groups. If she's to be judged, it must be from that side, not here." He shook his head. "I had enough trouble getting a watch put on her."

Seussi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:37 pm
There was a visible shift in Connor's stance, a flicker of a glance given down towards his canine at the mention of "warg". He might not have been fully fledged, yet, but he had spoken to somebody who was going to help him learn to control the spontaneous bond he had formed with Peebles. It had to be done, he knew, and there was no way out of it.

Just more s**t to add to his ever growing pile, really.

"You don't say." He murmured, taking another drag and exhaling. "I'm at least relieved to hear that something is being done. Something less murdery, for a change."

Or so he hoped that's what it meant.

azuredreams

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:35 am
That shift was noticed, Jeremiah's eyes going between the dog and Connor. It wouldn't be uncommon given Lara's own familiar (and that, forever, would cause a twinge).

"I can't say what it will and will not involve, simply that there are other avenues that can be pursued. I believe they've been mostly lost, if you consider the state of the Court, but I've hope that with the increase of both wargs and moonwalkers we might see something change." Jeremiah took another drag of his cigarette, enjoying and savoring it.

"As while I'm an officer of the law, there's little that I can do over there to influence things beyond what I can do with my own abilities. Though I've no desire for vigilante justice." The sergeant came to mind again.
word count: 828

5eussi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:39 pm
Connor's eyes followed Jer's to the dog, but remained there for a time, his lips raising in a half cocked smirk. "I was told she has my eyes." He said, and let out a soft scoff through his nose.

"A devil needs his hellhound though, right?" The smirk lifted as his gaze did to the detective.

To Jeremiah's other comments he just nodded, reaching up to scratch at an eyebrow, his forehead furrowing in a frown once more. "Ya, I get it. I'm just glad you were able to do something." He admitted, and gave a half shrug. "So thanks, for that, I guess. Was there anything else you wanted to discuss with me?"

azuredreams

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:22 am
"She’ll make a good familiar," Jeremiah replied, returning that smirk as he put the cigarette out. "Though can’t say I picture her as a hellhound ..."

He watched Connor a moment before he simply shook his head. "That was mostly it. Just letting you know what happened and that your information was appreciated." His head tilted a moment, to study the young man. "If you need anything, guidance or assistance, let me know." Mostly because when it came to other ashdown, Jeremiah was practiced.

Seussi
can prob wrap this on my next post if you want!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:16 pm
"Ah see, that's your first mistake, thinking she's as soft and cuddly as she looks. Lulls you into a false sense of security. She's really a ferocious beast."

Peeble's chose that moment to begin panting, her tongue lolling out of the side of her mouth as she practically smiled. She was, really, the biggest, friendliest suck in the world.

And then, with that complete fabrication set aside, he sighed. "Thanks, again. I might need to take you up on that. I'm...not really the most enthusiastic about this. About any of it, honestly. But since it's not going away....I guess I need to learn how to properly deal with it, right?" He finished his own cigarette and butted it out himself.

azuredreams
sounds good!

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:29 pm
Jeremiah just let out a huff of near laughter at the mention of the familiar being not as cuddly as she looked. He shook his head but then nodded. "You're welcome. Just let me know if I can assist you. You've got my number obviously.

"... and yes," he continued on, "you will need to learn how to deal with it properly. This has a tendency to creep up on you if you're not careful or prepared. Better safe than sorry."

Connor was given a flick of fingers in goodbye before Jeremiah was heading out. "Just contact me if you have a need, as I said."

With that, he left.

Quote:
omg worst, i thought i had finished this/posted the tag!

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games