[prp] plant tutorial [jamie & chris]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:42 pm
Through the chaos, Chris had been actually missing a few people. One of those rare few was Jamie and so he decided to set aside a day and dedicate it totally to spending time with him. It was fortunate that he seemed fine with coming over to Coalsmoke (probably through bribes of Bergie - Chris had a feeling that he would totally abandon him for Jamie if given the chance) so Chris went and picked him up and drove him over.

Now he walked up the landing to the second floor of the warehouse, stepping over galaxies and comets and the things Thorne had painted while he was away. Pulled out the key to Coalsmoke and opened the door, leading open to a warm and veritable plant paradise.

"Here, come in quick before Bergie and Millie run out," Chris said, keeping the door open for Jamie but keeping an eye out for the two cats.

sa3dusk

[wc: 154]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:42 am
Coalsmoke was, to say the least, a touch intimidating. It wasn't for the people inhabiting it, though he might've been on edge around Alois were he given the chance to meet him; didn't say much, honestly, as Jamie was on edge around almost everyone new. It was instead for the appearance of the building, the lost and forlorn sort of dishevelment that came with age. Coalsmoke felt like a place Jamie would get in trouble for trespassing in whenever a bored police officer happened to come by patrolling the grounds.

The outside of the building itself was definitely no precursor for the interior, though. Inside it was nice, it was homey, and Jamie scurried in so Chris could shut the door before anyone had a chance to attempt their prison break.

"How long have you been living here...?" he asked as he looked around, hands clasped together at his stomach. It felt strange to visit Chris here as opposed to the old, small, but familiar apartment. How much had changed? How much didn't he know? Jamie felt slightly out of place, but he tried not to let it show.

PeanutButterpies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:44 pm
Chris stepped in quickly after Jamie and closed the door just in time for both Bergie and Millie to appear, looking at first forlorn at the loss of door before partially thrilled at the apperance of Jamie. Bergie was quick to wind around his legs, purring, with Millie looking at him inquisitively before offering a gentle nudge against his leg. She was willing to try to know him, if Bergie was giving his stamp of approval so quickly.

"Um, a month maybe? I came a week after the whole. You know," Chris said, pulling his shoes off at the door before moving to the kitchen. He wanted tea. "I expected to be kicked out after awhile, but I guess Thorne finds me good company. Or he just wants me to cook for him, that's a possibility too. Do you want something to drink? I'm going to make tea, but we have water and some other stuff too."

saedusk

[wc: 155]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:00 am
It was hard to get his shoes off with cats at his feet, but Jamie managed after a moment and a short, "C'mon, Bergie, lemme do this." There would be plenty of scritches to be had once he was clad only in neon blue, fish spotted socks.

"A month... I see." Had it been that long since he'd seen Chris? Bergamot seemed to think so. He was being awfully aggressive with his affections. "It's, um, it's good to have someone. I dunno what I would've done if my parents hadn't let Shiloh move in with us." There was no way he would've felt right leaving him alone in that empty, eerie house.

"Tea sounds nice, thanks." He had his favorites, but he'd drink most any kind. Following toward the kitchen, he stopped just outside and sat on the floor to wait. Bergie was all over him and he did his best to keep the flower child satisfied, but occasionally he'd bump him away so Millie could find his hand, too. "What's this one's name?"

PeanutButterpies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:38 pm
Bergie was either willfully ignoring Jamie or just didn't understand him as he didn't stop in his motions, although he did slow for shoe removal. Millie was keeping herself quietly by her feet, more patient but just as eager to be pet. He gave a weak meow at Jamie, pleased to see him.

"It is," Chris agreed, "I'm glad Shiloh's with you, he's... he's better with you. Best with you, really." It was an honest confession, a little too open, but Chris knew he could be frank with Jamie.

Chris nodded in reply, going to the cabinet and digging out a pair of mugs that weren't matched on purpose, but just from the amount of paint on them that happened to share colors. His tea was running low but he had a mint blend that would make enough for too and he watched Jamie and the cats with a fond smile, Bergie and Millie fighting for attention in Jamie's lap.

"That's Millicent, she's Thorne's, but we call her Millie. She's a bit of a princess, but that's okay. Thankfully she's not like Bergie or we'd be sweeping up after them all the time, they get along really well," Chris said.

sa3dusk

[wc: 200]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:47 am
It was nice, reassuring even, to hear anyone thought he was suited to much of anything let alone supporting someone as important to him as Shiloh. Nice to hear, but Jamie knew it would take more than his presence alone to make integrating back into his stolen life possible. Well, now wasn't really the time to worry, now wasn't time for self-doubt. To that, he added a quiet, "Thank you. I think seeing you and Thorne and everyone else... it would help, too."

Both cats had apparently come to some sort of agreement, each one perched precariously on one of Jamie's thin legs as he cautiously pet them both, trying not to knock them off.

"Millie... Bergie and Millie. She's really cute," he laughed. "I'm glad they get along. It would be sad if they didn't. And now... Bergie's got a friend of his own to spend everyday with...." he pursed his lips as he gently scratched under Millie's chin. "Sounds kinda corny, huh?"

PeanutButterpies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 pm
"Yeah?" Chris said softly in thought, not really a question at all. "Well, bring him over whenever. We'd both be thrilled to see you. I'd say I'd come over, but I don't know how your parents would feel about seeing me." His smile was wry, gently teasing but the whole statement was honest. He'd like to see them all together at Coalsmoke, all of them in the same room and not at at time when something terrible was happening or something terrible had just happened (which well, was a constant, in life but at least they could pretend it wasn't immediately after sometimes).

Once the cats had the agreement worked out it was all snuggles then and nothing Jamie could do would scare them off. They just wanted his attention.

"She is, isn't she?" He said, obviously fond. "The fact they do is surprising but I'm very glad, although they are a bit of a terror together." He shook his head, replied, "It's not. I was kinda worried Bergie would be lonely, since he had all his siblings but since he has her now it's nice. He's less obnoxious too now. It's good."

saedusk

[wc: 191]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:11 pm
"You'd just have to come over when they aren't home. It's not hard, I promise," he said so with a smile. "But I... think a night here would be nice. A movie night, maybe? Or a game night? Does that sound silly?"

Jamie cocked his head as he focused on each cat a short while longer. "You know I never thought Bergie was all that bad." It was a joke, of course. He knew how much of a hellion the kitten could be, but it was rare Jamie saw that side as opposed to simply hearing about it. "Glad to hear he's straightening up a bit, though. He won't have to go to cat jail."

With a laugh, he gave them both a few more scritches before carefully, regretfully, shooing them off of his legs so he could stand. A stretch later and he'd joined Chris in the kitchen.

"Tea almost ready?" he asked with a sheepish smile.

PeanutButterpies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:19 pm
"You sure? That still almost feels a little weird," He said, but he was smiling himself. "No, both of those sound great. Maybe movies first though, I feel like game night would get incredibly out of hand. Thorne and I are very um... competitive."

Competitive was a nice way to put that they would beat each other into the ground over stupid things, but Jamie didn't really need to know that they'd had the cops called on them yet. He wanted to present the illusion that he was a functional adult for now. "Yeah its surprising how much Millie mellows him out," he replied absentmindedly, watching the pair. "I mean, she has her moments too, but they're good for each other." He snapped out of it, smiled broadly. "No cat jail in the future it seems, luckily. Or maybe sadly? I'd like to see a cat jail."

He looked at Jamie as he appeared, giving him a smile.

"Almost, lemme put the leaves into the infusers and then you can take your mug," He said, busying himself with putting the leaves into the plain little balls and them dropping them into the mugs. The water came next and he handed a mug off to Jamie carefully.

saedusk

[wc: 204]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:14 am
Jamie didn't look at all disappointed by the suggestion to go movie night. If anything, he was beaming. Before friends, fish, video games, and movies had been his go-to company. Even after friends, well, Jamie still loved all those things just as much.

"Thank you," he bubbled as he took the mug between both hands and held it steadily as if it weren't the slightest bit hot. "A movie night would be so fun. I, um, I have a really big collection. I could bring some... I take suggestions!" Laughing, he held the steeping tea beneath his nose and enjoyed the scent. "That way you and Thorne won't have to get upset when I beat you at all the games."

Hiding his sneaky smile behind the mug, he turned away and balked at Bergie who stood with Millie in the doorway. "You hear that... Chris wants you in cat jail."

PeanutButterpies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:48 pm
Chris blew on his tea for a few seconds and took a sip, relishing it. He was glad Jamie liked the movies versus games first, glad that he wouldn't see him and Thorne beating each other into the ground. Well, at least not to the level video games would make it happen, because knowing them they'd argue over what refreshments to put out or the volume level or something. Not a bad argument just their way and excuse to get really physical over something silly.

"Do you have Disney? I love Disney movies," Chris asked immediately, giving Jamie a bright grin. "Oh you'll beat us will you? I'd love to see that, although does Shiloh not count at all?" He laughed, then said, "I'll ask Thorne on what he'll like to see, although I'm guessing it might be Disney as well."

Chris gave a snort behind Jamie, raising an eyebrow. "I never said I wanted to see them in cat jail, just a cat jail. At the rate they're going though..."

sa3dusk

[wc: 170]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:46 pm
Jamie was mid-sip when Chris asked the million dollar question, the one he'd get the brightest answer to. If he wasn't expecting Jamie to have Disney movies, he had a lot to learn. "I have so many Disney movies," he said, eyes wide and sparkling, lips still on the mug. "I have all of them. If it came out on DVD or bluray, I have it. Do you have a favorite?"

Shuffling towards the cats, socked feet scooting along the floor, he loudly whispered something that sounded suspiciously like run kitties before eventually pausing outside of the kitchen.

"Oh," he piped up, turning back around again, "and Shiloh totally counts, I'll beat him, too!" And he laughed.

PeanutButterpies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:20 pm
Somehow, almost impossibly, his grin widened. "Oh man, okay this is cliche but do you have Mulan?" He had most definitely grown up watching that movie and idolizing her, maybe just a little. "I liked Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella too," He tacked on. Those had been Hyejin's favorites and he'd been forced to watch them with her. "What's your favorite, if any?"

Chris blinked and then gave a bright burst of laughter before taking another sip of tea. This was a good day.

"Do my ears deceive me? Did Shiloh totally corrupt you?" Chris asked amused, "I can't believe that Jamie is declaring he'll beat all of us at video games. To be fair though, I do expect you'll probably defeat me. Except in Just Dance, I play that game far too much with Thorne." He also had many, many bruises from playing that game with Thorne. They had an issue.

saedusk

[wc: 149]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:23 am
"I love Mulan!" was Jamie's unhesitatingly quick reply. "I'll bring that one. Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella, too. I dunno if we'd have time for all of them, but if we have more we won't run out of things to watch. Oh, and I'll bring Finding Nemo, that's my favorite." With a small laugh, he began to scoot further away towards the colorful overgrowth outside the kitchen.

"If we're talking classic, though... definitely Robin Hood." After taking a sip of tea he flatly added, "I'll have to bring Jungle Book, too, since it's like a jungle in here."

There were definitely more plants than he remembered Chris having before moving to Coalsmoke. It was nice, though, in a weird indoor garden kinda way. Jamie was admiring it as he audibly pff'd at Chris's question.

"Maybe he did, but only a little bit." Wiggling in place, he said, "I'd have to at least try and beat you at Just Dance. I'm pretty energetic, y'know."

PeanutButterpies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas