[PRP] A Lil Country Charm Can Take You Far [Aandes x Fellah]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Taking place after Bloodfest. A new talent discovered?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm
Bloodfest had been a whirlwind of excitement, anxiety, and one of the newer emotions, bravery, for the redblood. Fellah had never been to a gathering with so many trolls before, so it was only natural that he'd discover a few new things about himself. Particularly A. that some greenblood who seemed pretty important had wanted to take pictures of him (for purposes Fellah still didn't fully grasp) and B. he apparently could stand up to other trolls, well, when another troll was being threatened at least. Regardless he was still glad that Aandes had stepped in for that one. After his initial gusto, he had no idea what he would've backed it up with.

Now the festival was over. Booths were being taken down, and the majority of the crowd had already headed back to whatever reaches of Alternia they originated from. Fellah, however, was returning to Odette's booth once again at the request of the greenblood. Or at least the farm troll had remembered that the greenblood wanted to talk to him about something. To be completely honest he was a little foggy on the details, the incident with Kursha and the feeling of being starstruck by Odette had left his mind reeling.

"Howdy?" Fellah called to what was left standing of the booth, peering around for Aandes. He hoped he'd remembered the right spot. With the festival being taken down everything seemed a little more difficult to navigate.

Sypon

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:55 am
He hadn’t had much time to absorb his new business venture, but Aandes was already abuzz with ideas. He would certainly be skipping sleep tonight – there was too much to think about, too many plans and contingency plans to formulate. Working under the Queen was as prosperous as it was dangerous. He would tread carefully, of course, but this was a whole new game to play. As he packed up the booth (where the hell was Rasali to give him a hand?), Aandes felt like he was moving in bullet time. Suddenly, a voice filtered out from the front of the half-taken down stand.

Aandes rose, perking up to let his mind clear. Was that a beckoning call, or his imagination? He peeked out of the privacy area and lo and behold, there was the simple redblood standing there. Ah, yes. He was a mainstay at the booth – a soft bleeding bloodpusher when Kursha showed up. Aandes hoped he wasn’t here to give him a friendship speech or something after that bizarre debacle. Putting on a winning smile, the greenblood laced his way out to the front.

“Hello! Sorry, you’ve caught me in a bit of a sweaty moment or I’d shake your hand. What was your name again? And how can I help you?”

Unaru
Thanks for your undying patience!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:20 pm
Fellah had been fidgeting as he awaited a response, hearing the stirring come from behind the booth he shifted his weight from leg to leg. This Aandes guy had taken photos of him earlier during Bloodfest, and had asked him to come back later, for what the farm troll had no idea. However, hearing that the greenblood had already forgotten about him made his pumpbiscuit sink a bit. Maybe he was just being a bother at this point? Still, he had asked him to come back.
"Oh, uh, no worries. Name's Fellah, sorry if I caught ya at a bad time." He scratched the back of his head, glancing around nervously. "I just thought I'd stop by before I headed back on home. Ya asked me to come see ya again later, it was after ya took those photos." He said, with a bit of a nervous chuckle.
Why was he so nervous about this? It was just some talent agent troll who happened to help THE Odette rocket to stardom and bring out her true potential for all of Alternia to see. Nothing to be nervous about at all.

Sypon

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:29 pm
“Ah!” Aandes slapped his forehead. Of course, of course. “My sincere apologies, Fellah. I received some exciting news and everything else has just… Gone out the window!”

Now that the musical was on his mind, Aandes couldn’t be rid of it. This redblood would be some free casting for an extra bit if nothing else, but of course he didn’t seem to have any stage-presence or star power that he could see – not that his handsome bulk was hurting.

“I have a theatrical production opportunity for all blood colors. Do you have any experience dancing, singing, stage acting? I’m assuming you’re looking for a role on the stage rather than working on the technical side.” Aandes spoke while he was thumbing through a small, portable filing cabinet. He extracted a couple of forms and put them in an envelope, pinning them shut.

Unaru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:23 am
Everything seemed to assault his thinkpan at breakneck speeds. Mentions of a play, a role on stage? Experience? The farm troll didn't really know what he should have expected, he wasn't even totally sold on trying to do anything more than his usual farm routine.
The bumpkin fidgeted a bit, twiddling his thumbs while he looked like a stagbeast in motorized carriage lights. Maybe it would be best to just apologize for wasting the nice greenbloods time, and head back to Papabuff. Yet. It was as if the very blood pushing through his pumpbiscuit told him to try, that there just might be something more to this.
"Well, I uh...I haven't really done it in front'a no one before, but I do sing some times." he said with a small nod. Acting, dancing? Is that all stuff he should know too? Granted he tried a little bit of dancing at Bloodfest and that sweet blueblood seemed very encouraging of him.

Sypon

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:05 pm
"Mmhm." Aandes responded. He positively looked stunned. Starstruck, with more terror and less excitement. It was only for the sake of appearances that Aandes bothered to continue with the conversation - this one was out of his depth. Outwardly, he quirked a smile and tapped the side of his chin.

"A singer, I see, I see. I tell you what, Fellah." Aandes braced himself on the counter, leaning towards the redblood. "This project is utterly new and open - I definitely want to cast a broad net here, talent-wise. If you have something prepared right now, I can get your information into casting early. A headshot's one thing, but a few bars of something'll boost your chances. Especially if the producer happens to hear it." He offered the farmer a wink.

"Would you like privacy in this tent back here to show me what you've got?"

Unaru
lets go farmboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 pm
Luckily for the farm troll, Fellah wasn't perceptive enough to notice that Aandes had all but written him off at this point. Added nerves would of course do nothing to help the redblood. He glanced around, it wasn't as if there were a crowd or anything, with tents coming down and the random troll passing by it wasn't exactly a high pressure situation. "Oh, I think I'm fine singin' here," he cleared his throat a bit, "sorry if ya haven't heard the song before. Don't think it's too popular." he added, wondering for a moment if it would hurt his chances.

"~Grace, I never knew you enough, but these are the months that are tough. Oh there's a fight I can't stop, between myself and the clock.~" Fellah began his song, a mellifluous voice revealing itself from deep within the troll. His eyes were closed as he sung, his mind was somewhere else, though his facial features displayed the sincerity in every note that left his lips.
"~The place, where I grew up, the door where the memories are locked. Oh I will keep them at bay, 'cause my ship's on it's way.~ " The song continued to rise, the deep smooth voice beginning to unveil its range. It was starting off rather well, his pitch was close to perfect considering the fact that he was going about this a capella style, which gave him even more to lose, but that much more to gain. What imperfections could be heard were far more endearing to his style than detracting from the performance.
"~I'll get lost in that old time singing, pound my chest to a song I believe in. Give me words and, give me words and I---~ " Fellah was still engrossed in the craft, unable, or refusing to open his eyes until he built up to his vocal crescendo on the "I." It also showcased his ability to project his voice, he had a fine set of pipes. At this point a few heads peeked out from deconstructed cloth and wagons that were carting away Bloodfest booths.
"~Autumn hymnal fires. How you snuck through my window in the night, we didn't sleep I recall. Just dreamed of growing old.~ " The song began it's descent, back into a low lilting ballad. His voice, paired with his very emotive face blended themselves for a perfectly authentic performance. It may not be a traditionally popular style voice, but it was unique, and unique can draw a crowd.
"~I'll get lost in that old time singing, pound my chest to a song I believe in. Give me words and, give me words and I'll...~" He finished up his audition with the refrain, giving it a nice rounded complete feeling.
The performance was indeed impressive, doubly so for being put on the spot. Of course there was some work still to do, primarily on his confidence. But, Fellah radiated authenticity, which was a commodity that was not easily taught.

Sypon
This is the song he is singing, and this is the type of voice he has.

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:09 am
“I’ll be damned.” The corner of Aandes’ mouth curled, and he slapped the surface of the table.

It wasn’t that he was expecting a flop, but Aandes was not usually taken by surprise this way. Longing and pity surged from the redblood – nowhere close to rivaling Odette, of course, but enough to give the greenblood pause. He tapped his chin again.

“Well, Fellah, I’ll tell you what. I’m impressed. I’d like to get you in front of casting for an official audition. There are a number of starring chorus roles for trolls of your blood hue – I’d say you’ve got promise. Though, can’t say that I know all of the intricacies of music myself, but hey. I know talent when I see it.” Aandes flashed his snaggletooth and a sparkling wink towards the redblood. He flipped over the envelope he had pinned on the counter and offered it to Fellah.

“All of our information is in here, plus forms you’ll need to submit. Don’t forget a nice headshot to show off what you’re working with, here.” Aandes pulled his hand back a moment, not quite teasing him with the envelope but eyeing him warily. He’d remembered something. “Now, my only stipulation is that you don’t cause a ruckus or anything – on set, whatever. The ordeal with Commander Vidari tonight was messy at best; be mindful of your contacts from now on. That’s showbiz, that’s life.”

Whether or not the country bumpkin would pay any mind wasn’t of particular interest to Aandes, but his bleeding bloodpusher nonsense from earlier was admittedly the only bruise on his shining impromptu audition.

Unaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:39 pm
Fellah was surprised that his countryside singing had garnered more than a shrug from the big city talent agent hot shot. After emerging from his singing frame of mind, the shock was quite obvious on the redbloods face. ”Really?”, he said incredulously, shocked to hear that he had promise.
He knew very little, okay nothing, about stage production. The only time he'd ever danced was at that bluebloods booth. Maybe if he was lucky she'd be willing to lend him a hand getting ready, she did give him a ticket for a free one on one dance lesson after all.
Thinkpan swirling in the excitement he completely forgot about 'real life.' Sure it would be a dream come true (a dream he didn't even realize he had had) if he were to somehow rise from the farmlands and make it as a singer, did this greenblood really think he was talented enough?
”Sure, I'll do my best ta send everything in right quick. Umm,” he rifled through his pockets till he found his handkerchief. Grabbing a pen from the booth he scribbled down his number. ”If ya can think of anything else that might help me out, I sure would appreciate a heads up, and thanks again so much. I never would'a thought something like this would come my way when I was on my way to Bloodfest.” He chuckled a bit before the mintblood forwarded the warning, causing Fellah to hang his head a bit like a scolded puppy.
”I'm real sorry 'bout that. This was my first bloodfest and uh, I really didn't know who he was...I dunno what happened. Just thought it was some old flame or somethin'.” he apologized, gingerly taking the envelope from Aandes. ”But thanks again. I mean it. This is just, pretty exciting.” the grin crept back onto the simpleton's face as he sheepishly thanked the greenblood again.

Sypon
I think this could be a last post for Fellah? Depends on if Aandes needs anything else right now~

Unaru

Destitute Gawker

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:01 pm
“Absolutely,” Aandes flashed Fellah another smile. “I’m happy to help new talent – you’re welcome to visit my office in Four Fronds if you have any questions. If not and we happen to absolutely need you in the production you’ll definitely be hearing from us.”

He sobered a bit upon the recollection, but waved his hands in dismissal. “It’s no worry. Watch yourself next time, though – the public’s opinion of a redblood causing a scene with an esteemed military officer is – well, you get it.” Another wave. Aandes laced his fingers on the table.

“Stay safe! Keep working on those pipes, sweetheart. Hope to see you later.” He shot his new find a quick wink, and disappeared into the booth to continue to pack up.

Unaru
Done!

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces