Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
Whats with the extremely inflated prices in the market?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rosanana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:38 pm
I quit for a few years, but i came back just yesterday before the date of this post. I was thinking about finishing up an outfit that gives my character an elven mage-ish look, but I went to the market place to see everything costs an arm and a leg. what gives?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:48 am
Inflation. You can blame gold generators. (and gaia for being stupid and not caring much about their users.)

Kome101

Benevolent Gaian

23,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Rosanana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:19 pm
Kome101
Inflation. You can blame gold generators. (and gaia for being stupid and not caring much about their users.)

gold generators? never heard of those before, but I guess the name of them says it all. when did this trend happen exactly?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:22 pm
Rosanana
Kome101

gold generators? never heard of those before, but I guess the name of them says it all. when did this trend happen exactly?

Yeah... From what I've seen from the various gold generators, the most you can win from a gold generator is 15T. Hundreds of people hate GG's, but gaia doesn't care. They come up with new ones all the time.

Sometime is 2014 I think?

EDIT: There was actually an announcement a little bit ago for a GG. The Silver Hibiscus?  

Kome101

Benevolent Gaian

23,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Elocutionist 200

Rosanana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:33 pm
Kome101
Rosanana
Kome101

Yeah... From what I've seen from the various gold generators, the most you can win from a gold generator is 15T. Hundreds of people hate GG's, but gaia doesn't care. They come up with new ones all the time.

EDIT: There was actually an announcement a little bit ago for a GG. The Silver Hibiscus?

well, it cant be fun to just get gold on demand... wheres the fun in having everything on a whim? On a sidenote: I do think i recall very vague memories about gold generators just popping into the scene in 2013(the year i quit.). I cant recall since its been ages since then. well, thanks for the information.

I do hope the issue gets sorted out eventually.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:38 pm
Rosanana
Kome101
Rosanana
Kome101

well, it cant be fun to just get gold on demand... wheres the fun in having everything on a whim? On a sidenote: I do think i recall very vague memories about gold generators just popping into the scene in 2013(the year i quit.). I cant recall since its been ages since then. well, thanks for the information.

Yeah.

It wont. Not unless gaia actually gets off its a** and does something.
Warning: They don't care about us anywhere as much as they used to. You seen the gaia cash flash sales? There's pretty much on everyday. We are pretty much dollar signs to them.

Gaia's going to s**t.

Kome101

Benevolent Gaian

23,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Elocutionist 200

Rosanana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:43 pm
Kome101
Rosanana
Kome101
Rosanana
Kome101

Yeah.

Warning: They don't care about us anywhere as much as they used to. You seen the gaia cash flash sales? There's pretty much on everyday. We are pretty much dollar signs to them.

Gaia's going to s**t.

well, i came back to have a bit of fun playing here. I won't let it destroy my fun to be had to much. I know It does seem unlikely, but It's best not to rule out the possibility of them fixing stuff entirely, but for the most part your not wrong. do tell me tho, is there anyway I can support the cause? I want to be a voice of support for the aims of the guild.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:47 pm
Rosanana
Kome101
Rosanana
Kome101
Rosanana
Kome101

Yeah.

Gaia's going to s**t.

well, i came back to have a bit of fun playing here. I won't let it destroy my fun to be had to much. I know It does seem unlikely, but It's best not to rule out the possibility of them fixing stuff entirely, but for the most part your not wrong. do tell me tho, is there anyway I can support the cause? I want to be a voice of support for the aims of the guild.

There are some petitions you can sign. I know one is to get rid of GG's completely, and another one is to limit the release of gold gens, pretty much.
IDK how to get the the petition forum though. 'XD

That, and just don't buy GC.

Kome101

Benevolent Gaian

23,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Elocutionist 200

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:40 pm
Here's a link to my petition, if you were looking for it. It's popular, but for the most part, Gaia seems to be ignoring it.

Maybe I should try to make a guide on good ways to make gold without gold generators that are effective enough to keep up with inflation, which may discourage users from buying gold generators in the first place. I already know a handful of them, I just have to figure out how to explain them. cat_smile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:50 pm
Back when gold generators were first released and the issue of inflation arose, there were a variety of gold sinks implemented. The one that stands out the most to me is the Barton Grab Bags. These were purchasable from the gold shop for 50,000 gold, and gave you a random recolour of an item from any of the shops. They were a fun way to get rid of the gold that flooded the market.

Fastforward to now, and it's just an endless cycle of gold generator>gold sink in the form of events that have different reward tiers for different levels of gold donated to them. It's really not at all healthy for more casual users of the site (and those without a disposable income), and really scares off new users, I believe. It's a problem that should have been nipped in the bud early, but as is to be expected I suppose, the want for more money won out.  

Bleh Apocrypha

Supportive Spirit

13,950 Points
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Necra Eclips

Alien Warrior

16,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:22 pm
Preach on. I remember when I first joined Gaia and had the lofty goal of reaching 1 billion gold. I figured I would be set for life on my account If I could get that much. I currently have 8,321,518,140 as of writing this post and that in my current standards in the economy terribly poor. I refuse to buy non tangible things with real money, its just how I am but as a result the economy has gotten to the point that I can't really compete.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games