Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

happy bonsai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:26 pm
OLYMPIA CONRAD
civilian

PARANORMAL SCIENCE NERD

The paranormal has always been a very intense interest of Olympia's, ever since her early years growing up in her hometown of Salem, MA. Her love for mystery, law, and forensics developed not long after her affair with phenomena- and though every single one of her knowledge-driven desires have proven to shape her into the woman she's become- nothing brings her as much thrill and joy as chasing after the fantastical.

She's very intrigued by the whispers of the "OA" and is ready to embrace the abnormal.

CLOSET FULL O' SKELETONS

u/c

PERFECT FIT

The clothes Olympia wears always seem to fit just right on her even if they might seem too small or too large at first glance.

ANYTHING ELSE?

• 32 years old
  • 6 foot, 1 inch
  • Born March 22nd
  • Forensic Pathologist
  • FACE REF
  • OUTFIT REF
  • very meticulous about her makeup
  • only drinks dark red wine... all the time
  • likes: horror films, sci-fi, Stephen King novels, pirate costumes, tabletop games, fashion, planning her outfits, organization, mystery novels, crime novels, BOOKS, the library, justice, puzzles, mind games, strategy, yoga, discovering The Truth of Things, success, fieldwork
  • dislikes: failure, complacency, paperwork, body bags, prolonged eye contact, morgues (unfortunately), the smell of bleach, an unsolved mystery, dead ends, loose ends, PAPERWORK, religion
  • fears: asphyxiation, helplessness, vulnerability, feeling trapped, death

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:04 pm
ready!  

happy bonsai

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:45 am
Hey!

Olympia's high concept looks fine.

I see a couple issues with her trouble- first being that the relocation doesn't seem to be trouble for her at all. In fact she seems to LIKE it from the way the profile describes things.

I also have a problem with the plausibility of Ashdown accepting someone who has had recent psych evaluations that deemed her incapable of working in a PD elsewhere. At the point she is entering the game, the city of Ashdown has had several BIG emotional and psychologically messed up crimes happen, including serial disappearances, several murders (some being children/underage), and a major violent attack at the college that involved the CDC, etc. At this point it's not considered to be a calmer place than any other area city in terms of crime.

I find it more plausible that she is on a sabbatical or mental health leave than that she's been transferred in to work. I don't see an officer who is possibly PTSD (or something else that affects job performance) being taken in by this particular PD (this must be reviewed by the GM's - shep and silv).

It seems more like her trouble should be the psychiatric issues and they are only briefly touched on here. The details of this problem, as it's a defining cause in the profile, should be more explored. What exactly is her issue? How has day to day life post-trauma affected her? Especially something that has changed her work life that she is so dedicated to?

happy bonsai

silverah
quoting you guys

shibrogane
to possibly glance at the PD stuff?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:31 pm
iloveyouDIE

silverah

shibrogane

would the idea of olympia being demoted from her job as a forensic pathologist in order to become an administrative secretary at the apd be a more plausible one?

in salem there was a spree of really messed up murders and one of the detectives she was friends with ended up missing for a while then was discovered to be another victim of what they then realized was a serial killer.

she sort of lost it when she saw the detective's body and so now she's a bit terrified of corpses? she was also diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. the killer was found and sentenced to life but she's still sort of wounded by it?

i could make her older, if that would make a bit more sense. that, or a relative of her's could be someone high up in salem that has weight with someone high up in ashdown.

as for her relocation, it isn't really that much of a trouble! you're right! so i added it to her high concept.

i'm just really excited to write her, so, any feedback is more than welcome!  

happy bonsai

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:57 pm
hmmmMMMMMmmmmmmmm i'm posting to say i'm thinking about this but don't have a definite answer yet. i'll try to have something back to you by tomorrow evening!

happy bonsai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:04 pm
happy bonsai

okay, stepping in here~

firstly! you've already got three profiles approved for dreamers, bonsai, and two have become dreamers. you have a limit of THREE visitors so either of susan and olympia, one of them is NOT going to become a visitor and stay a civilian. so with that in mind, here we go:

olympia's history? given what is going on and what has happened with ashdown, she would not be taken on in any capacity that would see her handling cases with what you've laid out here. it simply would not be healthy for her and no amount of clot would see that happen.

an administrative position is plausible but she would be required to go to counseling to verify that she is mentally sound and able to handle the job as is. this would be a requirement of her working at the ashdown police department because of the nature of the job and the high stress situations that have arisen recently with all the ... changes.

on a note about her high concept, i don't see that your last sentence 'She's very intrigued by the whispers of the "OA" and is ready to embrace the abnormal.' is necessary? It's something that could be mentioned in her trouble.

give the title a spin and quote me back when you've made changes/added in her trouble!  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers