Anastacia Kanelos
LETHARGIC SKEPTIC

Anja does not believe in lucky dice, the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, or ghosts. Her inner monologues read like a nihilist's manifesto. But as a therapist, the only daughter of a fervent pastor, and the kind of two-faced socialite who agrees with you and then your rival not even five minutes later, Anja is used to completely obscuring her own feelings and beliefs in favor of going with the general flow. She is polite, demure, and loathe to make waves -- but less out of an innate sense of kindness and more because it's so much effort to express herself.

TROUBLE: WATCH AND WAIT... AND WAIT... AND WAIT...

Once upon a time, her father was not a good man.

She's tired. And maybe her desire for this to stop may finally outweigh her habit of staying still and doing nothing.

wip

POWER: A PAST THAT NEVER HAUNTS YOU

Anja has an over-inflated sense of her own so-called eidetic memory. In truth, the universe has a way of subtly never punishing her for the consequences of forgetting things, particularly with regards to her therapy practice. Appointments she forgets to enter into the system never actually result in anyone showing up complaining about being over-booked.

ANYTHING ELSE?

Random quirks/history ideas

• Alternate titles: melodramatic atheist. The Lady Who Doesn't Believe In Anything.
  • She has a lot of interesting theories about why the town is as crazy as it is. None of them involve the word 'magic' ever dropping from her lips. The very idea almost offends her.
  • She lives at home with her father, who now has mild dementia and requires occasional assistance. She holds therapy appointments in a visiting room in a detached office in her family home.
  • When Anja was eleven, she went swimming in one of those Ashdown rivers marked "NO SWIMMING", you know the ones, and she nearly drowned. She didn't, of course, for the Lord is great and merciful, and to hear her father tell the story, he pulled an angel from the waters instead of his grumpy, water-logged daughter. The incident was enough to renew her father's waning faith and rededicate himself to his religion. She merely stopped swimming in rivers marked "NO SWIMMING."
  • She is usually covered head-to-toe and perpetually overdressed. She doesn't own a single pair of jeans. She has a closet full of (classic) elegant gothic lolita dresses.
  • She does not have a romantic bone in her body. She appreciates good drama, but mostly when it's happening to someone else. She does not merely 'wing it', she has plans and back-up plans. If she doesn't succeed in getting what she wants, she tells herself she never really wanted it anyway. She is not malicious or evil (at least not in conscious motivation), just extremely lazy. She goes for what's easy, not what's right.
  • Her approach to therapy is extremely practical and based on chemistry and Somatic psychology. Note that I am OoCly not a trained therapist and am making this s**t up.
  • She is based on my Fa'e, Lethe, without the being-the-reincarnation-of-a-river part

References
  • Here is the song I blast when I write her
  • Here is an art I like of a human-ish form (drawn by kheleksul)