Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes
[Winner!] Do you want to play with fire? [Cub Contest]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:58 am
Welcome! So you decided to take a peek and see what was unfolding here before you.

What you have here is your typical Prompt contest for the lovely boyo below. A few things you need to know about the family. Their mother will be dying during the meta. This cannot be changed at all. Sorry folks but your potential daddy is about to become a widower.

Both parents are supporters of the Phoenix Army...but that's where things get complicated. The mother will be an informant of the Phoenix army, slipping into the territory of the Dragon Army with help of a dragon soldier- Pelinore. The father is honor-bound to his homeland but will be trying to assist the phoenix army from within. The cubs will technically be born and raised (for a time) within the Dragon Army's territory surrounded by loyalists. While their parents (and much of their extended family) disapprove of the Dragon army's ideals, they may very well be seduced into the Dragon's way of thinking.

But...that's up to you, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:12 am
Quote:
User ImageAbout the Mother •••
Name || Iokaste
Owner || AstoriaFallen
Personality || Iokaste is a very loving Balam that does what is right, even if it means she's alone in her actions. She's the first of her name and was woven without family. She honestly never thought she'd find her soul mate but it seemed that in all the chaos there was hope for her yet. Ever since Shen had come into their midst she had been working closely with the Priestess (subject to change if I don't win her lol) as well as a few others by gathering information about the Dragon Army and delivering it to the Phoenix Army with the help of Pelinore. Which was oddly enough how they met.

She's a devoted loyalist to the Phoenix Army and will do all she can to ensure Shens downfall, even if it means her life is on the line. She's going to love these cubs greatly until the time of her death and will instill upon them to do what is right, even if you're alone.

Quote:
User ImageAbout the Father •••
Name || Pelinore
Owner || Thalion
Personality ||
Galahad comes from very large family (that's expanding a lot this month!) within the fire capital. However, Pelinore's lineage is comprised of multiple tribes so the ideals of fire tribe superiority that Shen Lung is imposing on the tribe isn't sitting too well with him. He's conflicted, as he's quite happy in his homeland. He's a bit idealistic in that he believes that there's still a chance to change things from within rather than having to resort to bloody conflict. Unfortunately, reality will bite him in the bum when he looses his mate and finds his paws tied to Shen in order to defend his young family.

Pelinore is noble to the point of being naive in a way. He's hardly afraid of conflict and when pressed he can be a formidable opponent. He tries to avoid conflict when possible but he's not the type to hesitate when no other option is presented. He will become a doting and protective father though not overly-so. With Shen's agents haunting even the whispers in the secret places of the tribe, he will be careful to raise his children with caution, never breathing a word that could slip from their maws into the wrong ears.

About the Siblings •••
User ImageNuria - Played by Astoria
Nuria is going to be like wild fire. Her passion runs hot and she will not back down from things that she sets her mind to. Once she learns of (or witnesses) the death of their mother (not sure if the cubs will be present for the death of her or not) she will probably take on a motherly like role to the rest of her siblings. First she's definitely going to go through a brief period of denial and quite possibly rage. She may or may not lash out at their father in her grief. Ultimately she will accept the news and do what she can for her siblings and likely want to plan some sort of revenge on Shen.
User ImageCendrillon - Played by Thal
Cendrillon will unfortunately blame her father for her mother's demise. She'll see his inaction as cowardice and grow resentful towards him. Her mother, at least, was willing to give her life for the right cause. She'll struggle with the love for her family, the grief of losing her mother, resentment, and bitterness for a while. She may even be swayed into Shen's way of thinking, thinking that a stronger character would have saved her mother. I'd love to flesh her out and explore some inner conflict and eventually have her come to terms with what happened. Perhaps she could meet a nice phoenix boy down the line?
User Image Ririka's Boyo.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:01 pm
The Boy You're Trying For
User ImageUser Image

Prompt:
[ This should be a rp response, minimum of a paragraph but no longer than two pages! ]
Their Mother has always returned this time of the week with their father...but today it seems that their father has returned alone. He's walking as if his paws weighed as much as boulders and his posture is that of a B'alam defeated. As the cubs gather, confused, Pelinore looks up and tries to force a smile into his broken expression.

He explains, as gently as he can, that their mother has returned to the weaver. The details of her passing are not mentioned, nor will he concede to any further prying. Instead, he lays himself at the mouth of the cave, blocking any hope of escape for the cubs, and watches the sun fall over the smoking mountain range.

How does your cub take the news? What's going through their mind? Do they try to speak to their father? To their siblings? To the Weaver himself?

Rules ||

◘ Enter using the form given below! Fill out allfields. Yes, even your SN.
◘ This is open to errybody!
◘ You don't have to rp your B'alam, but we do encourage you to!
◘ Have fun and be nice!

Form ||

[align=center][b][size=20][color=red]I was born of fire...[/b][/color][/size][/align]
► [b]Your SN ||[/b]
► [b]Will you RP?[/b]
► [b]Name of the Idol||[/b] (Please include a meaning!)
► [b]Personality ||[/b]
► [b]Future Plot Ideas ||[/b]
► [b]Phoenix Loyalist or Dragon Army Supporter?[/b]
► [b]Why?[/b]
► [b]Prompt Response ||[/b]
► [b]Are you born with fire in your blood?[/b]
[img]Obligatory fun gif![/img]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:02 pm
List here  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:45 am
Just in case  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:50 am
Open!!  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:45 am
I was born of fire...

Your SN || DavyJnah
Will you RP? Yus!
Name of the Idol|| Traherne (Means "very much like iron", derived from Welsh tra "very, over" and haearn "iron".)
Personality || Fiery, angry, and bitter. Sometimes lashes out for no reason because of his anger for losing his mother.
Future Plot Ideas || Causing trouble around the Dragon Army, trying to do his best to help to help bring them down from the inside, but not at first that will come later.
Phoenix Loyalist or Dragon Army Supporter? Phoenix Loyalist at the end but start out going down the path of the Dragon Army.
Why? Follow in their mother's footsteps.
Prompt Response || Traherne is going to take the news poorly and cause him to resent everyone around him regardless if they were in on it or not. He will try to speak to his father and get more information out of him and also try to ask the Weaver why this happened. Although he will love his family and want to stand by the ideal of the Phoenix Loyalists he will first get swayed into the Dragon Army. Taking a bit like his father where he will infiltrate from within, though at first he just goes along with the ideals and such. He will feel that the ideals match his. He'll get twisted up in everything that is going on and question himself and where his loyalties lie. Maybe someone sways him away from the Dragon and towards the Phoenix.

He is going to be mad at everyone though and turn that rage into a fighting spirit against anyone who might challenge him. Sometimes even a little thing might cause him to clash claws, fangs, and horns with another. He's going to be a bit of a trickster too. Causing problems and issues for everyone, mostly by accident.
Are you born with fire in your blood? YES
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:22 pm
I was born of fire...

Your SN || Valkymie
Will you RP? Yes I will try to! biggrin
Name of the Idol|| Cinis | Latin for Ashes, embers, spent love, ruin, destruction, cinder
Personality || Cold, Calculating, Seething
Future Plot Ideas || Trying to get his siblings on his side. Picking fights with Dragon Army members. Hoping to gain enough support or to join someone in order to really do some damage. Not being able to make real friends or show compassion. That part of him is dead.
Phoenix Loyalist or Dragon Army Supporter? Phoenix Loyalist
Why? Not necessarily for his mother's memory or because his parents would want him to. But to seek revenge on those who took her away from him. Took his childhood innocence away as well.
Prompt Response || Cinis wasn't even paying attention at first. He was just playing by himself with a piece of grass, swatting at it obliviously. He just...expected her. For her to come up to him, to start grooming his neck like she always did. But she didn't today. She didn't, and he finally noticed. He craned his neck, the normally jovial look on his face washed clean. Noticed his father's forced smile, his siblings gathering. But Cinis didn't approach. He didn't need to get closer to know what had happened. Didn't need to hear every word clearly to see that mother wasn't there. He saw the look on his father's face, the looks on his siblings' faces. He didn't need help knowing that she wasn't coming back. He stopped playing with his piece of grass.

He never played again.
Are you born with fire in your blood?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

-Shady Mooo-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:12 am
I was born of fire...

Your SN || -Shady Mooo-
Will you RP? Oh aye biggrin
Name of the Idol|| Ekhia - European - the sun personified - Originally, Ekhia was one of the three universal principals, the light of the world (the sun).
Personality || Ekhia is intense. He doesn't feel any emotion half-way, and he tends to over-react and flail about the littlest things. As a cub he had temper tantrums and destructive fits, as an adult he roars, growls and almost has uncontrollable body quivers. But he's also cunning and determined when he sets his mind to something. He never quite figures out how to deal with losing his mother, and as such he's kinda..touchy sometimes, prone to mood swings.
Future Plot Ideas || Ekhia doesn't know how to deal with losing his mother, in his intense mind the solution to his grief is to kill the one responsible for her being gone, his determined side equates that to joining the dragon army, and convincing everyone (even his family, and hell even himself sometimes) that he's full blood dragon army loyalist. HIs thoughts will be consumed by gaining the trust of the one who murdered his mother. He will forsake all family ties if he has to (or if they buy his act and push him out, he will take that), he will be the best in the army if he has to, to do what in his mind needs to be done.
If that ever happens (he seriously wont stop until someones dead...he's a bit intense and really loved his mother...) then he will spend a lot of time after that being...lost. He will finally deal with his grief once he's avenged his mother. then he can begin the healing process. But the longer that takes, the harder it will be. Future plans for Ekhia really depend on how long it takes him to kill a guy whee
Phoenix Loyalist or Dragon Army Supporter? ...I guess technically, Dragon.
Why? He's on a mission to avenge the death of his mother, He seeks this out by joining the dragon army at whatever the cost and being the best he can be to get close to the one who killed his mother. He's a...unknown deep cover agent?
Prompt Response || Ekhia's world shattered in that moment. Everything around him went red to the point it all turned black. He remembers yelling at his father. "HOW COULD YOU!?! You were supposed to bring her back!!!!" He charged at his father, and rammed his horns into him. After a couple tries he realized it wasn't doing any good so he shifted his energy. He began charging at things, the wall's, toys, things like that. Tears streamed down his face, but they were tears of anger, not sadness "She was supposed to come back to me" In his drama fueled flail he didn't acknowledge his siblings, or their grief. In his world it was only him now, because his mother was gone.
After a few minutes of flailing around the cave, he returned his anger to his father "why couldn't it have been you! Why couldn't you die and she come home! I need her, not YOU!" He roared at his father, hate and anger spilling out with each word and breath.
This went on for quite a while, his tantrum. He spewed hate at his father, he didn't care if his words hurt. He hurt. Why shouldn't father as well. He roared and he raged, until finally he collapsed. The tiny tyrant tornado had no more steam in him, and he just buckled. Tiny sobs wracked his body as he 'slept'. It was almost hard to believe the flailing cub a few minutes ago is the same one crying in its sleep...
Are you born with fire in your blood? I SET FIRE TO THE BLOOD!
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:49 pm
DavyJnah

Valkymie

-Shaddy Mooo-
Oh man.... I think I spelled your name wrong on a few of your certs!! I thought it was just 2 o's..... -goes to fix. It may be why you've never been quoted when I drop your certs too if you haven't been quoted recently lmao. MY BAD I'M SORRY!

Quoting all three of you because this was added, though 2 of you have done so already. [ This should be a rp response, minimum of a paragraph but no longer than two pages! ] A paragraph is 5 sentences. While I know most of you likely know that I'm just describing anyway in case someone enters later that doesn't know.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

wasluxy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:48 am
I was born of fire...

Your SN || lux_rayne13
Will you RP? Absolutely!
Name of the Idol|| Adish
( Persian for Fire, since the title asked 'do you wanna play with fire' and I'm a dork like that. PLUS! Bonus of his siblings being able to affectionately call him 'Radish'! >w< )
Personality || Manipulative, cunning, gentle, steadfast, kindhearted
Future Plot Ideas || Adish will be determined to help finish what his mother started. Soon after learning of her death he'll get the idea that in order to do so, his best bet is to masquerade as a Dragon Army supporter, even a soldier like his father, in order to gain trust among the ranks and take them down from the inside. He will outwardly sneer at the Phoenix Army, and play his role to the best of his abilities. While not flat out telling his family what he's up to, he will try to drop little hints here and there that only they would understand, like his tail twitching a certain way to indicate only to those raised beside him that what he is saying is a total show. If he feels it safe to, he'd be more than willing to whisper and plot with his siblings, but he won't do anything he feels will put them in more danger. Even if things go south with his family, he will stand strong in the face of the Dragon Army and swear loyalty to them with his claws crossed and a smirk that would be misinterpreted as 'of course I'm Dragon' instead of the real 'I'm going to kill you' meaning. Honestly, I'm not even certain that another family member's death at the hands of the Dragons would cause him to blow his cover. For his mother's belief, her teachings, her bravery, he will not falter, not stop, until the Dragon Army is in ruins and her death is avenged.

If things go well for him, the Phoenix Army wins, and he makes it out alive, the world will see a different side of him. He'll be a gentleman through and through, and it will be obvious that he's his mother's son. When he finds a mate, he'll love her with every breath he takes, and do his best to pass on to his future cubs what had been instilled in him. He'll probably have nightmares, wake up with a start from time to time, but if concern is expressed to him about it he'll just wave it off as the past, and a past better left behind. He'll surround himself with love and laughter, and maybe one day be seen as someone so gentle he wouldn't hurt a fly.
Phoenix Loyalist or Dragon Army Supporter? Phoenix Loyalist pretending to be a Dragon Supporter
Why? If it was important enough for his mother to risk -and lose- her life for it, it's equally important to him.
Prompt Response || Adish had been waiting for their return just as he did every week, sitting so still even his tail refused to twitch. It both worried and interested him every time his parents went out, but his mother had taught him to always do what you believed was right and so he believed to the bottom of his heart that that's exactly what she was out doing. Only… when they came back this time, it wasn't 'they', it was just… 'him'. Instantly, Adish was on edge. Where was mother? Why wasn't she with father? Why did he look like he had boulders tied to his paws? Something must have happened…

As his siblings gathered around and their father explained all he seemed willing to, Adish's gut tightened and tightened until it felt like it was going to turn inside out. He went through several thoughts in a matter of seconds, some of those being 'how could she lose this greatly if she's in the right', 'why couldn't father stop this', and even 'why couldn't it have been him who didn't come back instead'. He didn't breath a word, though, and instead remained motionless right down to the tip of his tail. As his siblings reacted to the news in their own ways, he still did not move. He just… sat there… and breathed… Until he realized he was probably worrying his family greatly by being a furry statue, but even then his only movement was to slowly and stiffly walk to a corner-ish part of the cave, back to everyone, and breathe deeply as hot and silent tears spilled from his eyes.

"Weaver…" He whispered, so quietly that he almost didn't hear himself, "Please… guide my paws as you guided mothers, so that I may help finish what she set out to do..." Adish didn't fret over what path he might have to take in order to do this, as he was determined. It didn't matter what he had to do, who he had to be, he was going to bring justice for his family.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:04 pm
I was born of fire...

Your SN || StripedHollow
Will you RP? Yes.
Name of the Idol|| Keahi - Hawaiian name for flames.
Personality || Keahi is driven by his rage. As a cub, he never took his mothers death easy, turning that rage into a hot and fiery ambition. He, like his father, is not afraid of conflict and was always getting into fights whenever eyes left him. As a cub, he spoke of great things, promising to become powerful and save his family from any future pains. Watching Pelinore keep a hushes existence to ensure their safety, Keahi has promised he will change the world so such a thing isn't needed. He's romantic, brave, and bold. He's also very naive about the world.
Future Plot Ideas ||
Trouble as a Cub: Keahi is going to cause trouble. He's going to be a rebel, often biting at anyone who messes with his family and quickly opening his mouth instead of remaining polite and cautious. He isn't a bad kid, but he doesn't know when to keep quiet. He says what he means, and as a kid that will cause trouble. I fully expect him to stir up a fuss here and there.

Young Adult Anger: I would love him to fight with his father, bringing up, in rage, that if his father was a bolder man his mother would still be alive. This will be quickly taken back, but I expect damage to be done. Keahi will spend years trying to mend for this.

Rebellion: He will grow discontent with his life within the tribe. Shen Lung's rule will cause him to grow further and further unhappy with how things are turning out. He might join any rebellion that might follow, or aspire to create conflict. He has a good heart, and a lot of his anger is because of growing up watching his father so restrained for their safety, but he's blinded by this. He doesn't realize that violence isn't the answer to violence, he just wants to protect his family.

Love: I want him to find someone outside of the tribe to strike him to his core, perhaps even make him for a second forget the troubles of his tribe. He'll grow passionate for them, and begin to worry about his future. Should he continue to risk his life and place in his tribe, or behave so he remains in one piece for the one he loves? Or should he leave with her altogether?

Injuries: I want him to get wounded, causing a limp. After this point, I have no clue what will become of him. Only RP can tell. I DO know he'll eventually end up in the Phoenix Loyalist group, though how I am unsure.

Phoenix Loyalist or Dragon Army Supporter? Phoenix Loyalist.
Why? To bring down Shen, who took his mother and brought his father into a quiet and subdued existence. His fury knows no end, and he will do anything to be the one to take Shen down.
Prompt Response ||
' He knew the second his father came home alone that something had happened to mama. He knew their schedule, engrained it deep within him and waited patiently for his beloved mama and papa to arrive. This time, only one came, and that smile did not fool him. Keahi watched with a hunger, waiting for something to give. There was information; something he didn't know. His papa had news, and Keahi waited as, with a gentle care, his father began his story.

She had returned to the weaver.

For a second Keahi sat there, eyes bulging almost out of his head. To visit, right? She couldn't be gone. No, she was mama. As his father meandered back to the entrance of the cave Keahi watched his back, tail scooping around his body.

She had returned. Returned to who? Why the weaver? How was that fair? She belonged here, with them, not the weaver. She had no business there. Returning meant she couldn't come back, or so he was told. Returning meant she was gone. For good. Gone gone. He sat there, watching his father as the other kids pieced together the news. Keahi just watched, eyes stinging with each breath.

She had returned.
Not home, though.
She hadn't returned to him.
No, returned wasn't the word. His papa said it, but Keahi didn't. She had been taken, not returned. She had been stolen from him. She wasn't coming home, and it wasn't by her choice. She'd never do that to him, she loved him. Someone stole her. Someone took her.

He was going to find them. No matter how long it took or how many years, he was going to find them. The anger lurched within his chest, boiling as he watched the shadow of his father.

He was going to take something from them, too. '
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

StripedHollow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:03 pm
This was a tough decision and we wish were were able to give everyone a cub. However, there can only be one winner.

We would like to announce that lux_rayne13 is now the proud owner of the lovely boy above. We very much loved the personality you have laid out for him and it's a light in the mass of dark that has enveloped his siblings. We look forward to seeing what you do with him from here on out!

lux_rayne13

[ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff