Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:02 pm
just in case she ever stops being a civ! might be civ forever though c:

Preacher Maria

wandering reprobate
Having aged out of foster care, Preacher is a new transplant to Ashdown by way of hitch-hiking. She's looking for a new start, but her insecure nature often has her lashing out for little reason. Having been shuffled from foster home to foster home has made her deeply mistrusting of most people. Right now, though, she's just trying to see if she can actually make something of herself or if she's as worthless as she's been told.

these fists were made for your face

Preacher doesn't have much of a flight or fight response. That is... she's all fight. She thinks fast and, too often, with her fists. Slights real or imagined have her temper rising and prickle her delicate pride. No one really wants her around, she thinks, but she'll be damned if people won't pay for hurting her. It's easier to just assume the worst of people and work up from there. Because of this (mostly), she's got some marks on her record - nothing major, just the usual assault charges that would be much, much worse if she hadn't been an adolescent at the time. Since Preacher's an adult now, her records are all sealed up, but she's gotta find a way to toe the line if she wants to keep her slate clean. The same goes for her temper, too.

Now that she’s well and truly on her own, there’s a myriad of problems she’s never had to think about before. Finding someone to live and get along with (******** knows she won’t be able to afford a place of her own, like, ever), no pissing off her coworkers even if they piss her off first, playing nice and curbing her sarcastic tongue…

Having to do these things, having to ignore her temper is like trying to ignore a small beast nipping at her ankles, but she knows it has to be done. She is how she is but she can’t, she won’t let it jeopardize her only shot of making something of herself. Preacher knows she needs to try and repress her fight response, to pull it back in, in order to live in Ashdown. For better or worse - and a lack of money to go further - this is her home now. Maybe she needs to find an outlet... or a punching bag.

Any volunteers?

the write way
Preacher always seems to have a pen and a scrap of paper handy in case she needs to write something down, or doodle. Or any other of the myriad uses of a pen. No, don't go for his eyes, Preacher!

ANYTHING ELSE?
Preacher aged out of the foster care system and, unfortunately, got summarily thrust on the world.
She a place to stay like whoa.
Works for the PD. Hear her dulcet tones telling you 'ya stay calm, ok, ms. reynolds - is it a 'coon again?'
Short as ********.
Kind of scrawny, too.
Latina - black hair, long and wavy.
Brown eyes, need glasses probably but she says ******** that.

Note: Preacher is an oc who has been previously played here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:03 am
Hi Semb!

I am terrible at the crit sandwich so I'm gonna dive right in and hope you don't hate me too much after.

I've got a problem with her trouble, namely, that it doesn't seem to really bother her? A trouble has to be something that causes the character some kind of… well, trouble!… within themselves or with other people. If her trouble is a bad temper, does this bother her? If it doesn't bother her, you'll have to spin out how she will be inspired to improve or somehow learn to handle this otherwise. Your trouble is sort of your character's "arc"!

So, helping questions: you say slights real or imagined, so what're some altercations she has had in the past that might reflect on her further today? Maybe it'd be a good place to expound on how her desire to get away from that kind of reputation (if she even does) put her in this negative situation. Stuff like that.

Quote me back with questions or when you're ready to go again :3

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:38 am
shibrogane

Yo Shibe~

edit #2. Looking back on it, and with some help from the glorious em, it looks like I didn't understand your crit very well, sorry! sweatdrop
Let me know if these changes address your concerns? c:  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:13 pm
APPROVED

:3 It's ok i am kind of s**t at words sometimes <3  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers