Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:17 pm
IGNACIO CESAR ARAYA
IRREPRESSIBLE SPARK

Ignacio is hyperactive to the point where he has been referred to as spastic, unable to really stay still in either mind or body. He is okay with this, so long as he's able to run and jump and explore everything in the presence of as many people as possible. An extrovert through and through, Ignacio finds it very easy to make friends and enjoys charming, going on adventures, and showing off to said friends, and loves doing so with an infectious shining grin on his face. Just don't expect him to stay still for a peaceful chat over tea for very long.

CAN'T SHAKE MY NAME

Being named after his father’s middle name, Ignacio, probably was not the best omen of his father's expectations. Baldomero Araya has had things in mind for Ignacio he couldn’t care less about, and through the years, his father's unreasonable demands have worn on him.

The problem is, Ignacio’s dissent against those demands at home has rubbed off on his general behaviour out of the home. Instinctively, orders aren't listened to, and he can't seem to obey one unless he's somehow convinced it was his idea the whole time. Unfortunately, he isn't really aware of his issues with this, and if it's pointed out he's being difficult he'll seem more surprised than anything, especially since he doesn't quite understand what he was doing wrong.

At this point, Ignacio has never held a steady job. Thankfully, acting jobs are almost always temporary, but even as an actor, it can sometimes be a struggle for a director to get him to actually just follow the damn script for once. It seems to be earning him a bad reputation in the community, and honestly, Ignacio isn't entirely sure why. He's very friendly, loves the entire crew, and hasn't done anything to cause offense, right? What do you mean it's a bad thing he improvised there-- didn't it improve the scene?

And as the pressure continues to increase at home, he's only getting more and more unintentionally recalcitrant. Something needs to give, and fast.

LET ME SEND A TEXT...

Ignacio’s devices always seem to have some level of charge on them when he needs them, even if he's been out and about all day.

ANYTHING ELSE?

• He's currently 21, born on June 3rd.
  • He has always lived near Ashdown, though his father preferred to keep his property just outside of town to lower distractions. It didn't really work.
  • He is currently attending Rider-Waite for a BFA in Acting. He lives at home to save money, which he is beginning to think was a mistake.
  • Due to his father attempting to get him to become a successful businessman, Ignacio also has random bits of business and economics knowledge that he's gathered unintentionally over the years. He has no interest in any of these things.
  • Ignacio speaks fluent English and Spanish. The Spanish he knows is European Spanish, so it's peppered with uses Latin American Spanish speakers may not be used to. He also knows a little bit of French.
  • His blood is basically Western European. His father is a Spaniard born in Northern Spain, and his mother's heritage is predominantly Scottish.
  • He has one little sister named Raina. She is adorable.
  • He’s 5’11" and looks like this. His build is athletic mesomorph because he's always on the move.
  • During the summer months, he basically turns into Freckles. He has freckles during winter too. Don't try to count all the freckles. It'll take years.
  • He has prior incarnations in a few shops. His most recent is here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:59 am
Seiana_ZI

I recognize this guy ;D

Just some notes-

High Concept - 'Electric Dynamo' gives me the sense of excitement with him, but both words do have similar meanings and the phrase doesn't really encompass the whole of his friendly and infectious personality that you have detailed. Perhaps revise in a way that tells us about his charm!

Trouble - The trouble with Ignacio's father seems more character history than current life's trouble. You've given us the summary but not quite the effect. It seems more the ROOT of a problem rather than the problem itself.
The closest thing to a true trouble I see is his trouble with authority stemming from this. Does he recognize and have repentance for this? Can he keep a job if he doesn't take orders well? There's not much about his attitude in the HERE and NOW outside of his daddy issues.
Focus on the things that actively bother him (not something he's just stuck with *sigh FAMILY*), that he's trying to fix, that he has yet to recognize in himself, and possibly may affect his interactions with others. If this still all leads back to dad- please elaborate more on how his interactions and day to day life are twisted by it and how he's been coping.

Power - Seems fine by me :O  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:02 am
he needs a smooch ... from me ... /kisses his little head  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:23 pm
iloveyouDIE

Oh hey there ;D!

High Concept - I swapped it to Irrepressible Spark which I hope works better! If it doesn't, I have an alternate of Magnetic Dynamo. Just let me know if I need to switch and I will. :D

Trouble - Hopefully it works better now! :D I've rearranged it a bit and put some more focus on the whole authority issue problem.

chiickadee

Ignacio: ;D heart  

Seiana_ZI

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:58 am
I think we are still hearing too much about Baldomero in the trouble- we need to hear about Ignacio. I feel like you could boil this down into a simpler intro sentence- something similar to: 'Ignacio has always fought against the expectations imposed upon him by his demanding father. Over the years this has worn on him and this familial rift has resulted in a general disdain for all authority figures.' Then you can feel free to detail in full their issues in the 'Anything Else' section.

I feel a disconnect between the difficult, often flippant person you describe in the trouble and the magnetic sociable person detailed in the high concept. These concepts should support one another in some way, and again you may want to change the High Concept name and description to reflect his difficulties 'Rebel Spark' 'Defiant Dynamo' 'Magnetic Miscreant' (you don't have to use them XD just suggestions) ~ because he is clearly not ALL happy electric amazingness.

'Industry Friends' is a deeper concept than is being played to. Ignacio, besides building a poor reputation for himself as an actor in a small theater community, will also come off badly to his fellow actors, staff and crew. Where is the line between friend and 'authority figure'? There will surely be times where he NEEDS help. Will he simply not seek it? Will he rebel against it if it's freely offered with no pretense of 'role'? Does this lack of adaptation within himself translate into stubbornness with all of those around him who want to help? He doesn't, it seems, learn from his mistakes. I can't imagine that 'convincing him it's his idea' will be something a lot of people want to deal with all the time. Try to tie his magnetic personality in with his trouble in some way - right now they seem to work against one another. Remember that it can sometimes be hard for friends to care about someone who doesn't care about them self.

Maybe hint to us where this path would or could lead him. Remember that the Trouble is something for the shop to feed on while giving plots to your character! This should be something that should be able to change, improve, or at least progress in some way.

I'm also interested to know, as it may affect things more, does he live with his family still? I imagine continually being under the thumb of the person you are rebelling against may be more directly relevant- but if he does not than perhaps he's letting his lingering father issues dictate his life unnecessarily? If he doesn't live at home, how does he pay the bills and eat?? Just ideas to think about, even if you don't want to touch on them. (This doesn't have to go into his trouble if it doesn't fit, but I was curious to know!!)

As your Trouble shifts to focus more on Ignacio's personal issues, you may want to rename it's title to reflect that as well.

SEIANA_ZI
oh god it's word vomit. remember these questions I put in are for the thinking, not always direct answering, to help you formulate things a bit better!! Not trying to turn your profile into a book :X

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:34 pm
Ignacio does indeed live with his family still! Sorry if that wasn't clear! :<

I feel like he's coming across wrong because those high concepts don't sound like how I picture Ignacio! I tried retooling it a bit to reflect more on the fact that he's not really aware of what he's doing and he's not actively trying to rebel or cause problems. Hopefully that works better?

iloveyouDIE

Seiana_ZI

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:49 am
seiana_zi

No problem! Take your time! Quote one of the profile reviewers when you are ready again (myself, shibrogane or silverah).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:17 am
SILVERAH

Player changes made. Give a gander please?  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:45 am
Hi, Seiana! Sorry it took me so long to get to this. So long as you keep in mind that bad reputation = difficulty finding gigs and that Ashdown's pro theater scene is on the small side, you are

=APPROVED=

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff