[PRP] It's Raining Cake (Dawson/Rabbit)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:55 pm
Liv had already forgiven him for the lack of a timely cake thing. There were werewolves, she'd said, and you can have one of the cupcakes Jim brought if you want, she had also said, and though he appreciated the sentiment, he was her damn brother and he had bought her a damn birthday cake every year for the past thirteen years. A couple of werewolves weren't going to stop him, just delay him a little.

Rabbit's destination was Rosie's Dulce Beso—checking out what she had for sale was the least he could do in return for her having bandaged him up—but somewhere along the way he dragged his nose out of Keep Ashdown Spoopy and was confronted by the comforting signage of another bakery, The Sweet Spot.

He slipped his phone into his jacket as he entered, almost missing his pocket entirely, and when he saw Dawson, he grinned as if they were old friends.

"Tablecloth guy!" he said, even though he'd been the one with the tablecloth. "Glad to see you're still alive!" It was only then that he noticed the other customers. Rabbit cleared his throat into his fist and added, "As we all are. Day to day. In this thing we call life." He leaned over the counter when he got close enough to do so, careful not to crush his eggs. "How's it going?"

medigelisapinatafullofgold

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:34 am
Rabbit came across the bakery on one of its strange (read: unofficial) holidays, courtesy of one Dawson Grace's equally odd fascination with them. At least today's was somewhat relevant to the business: National Rocky Road Day. Several people in the booths were enjoying the limited time Rocky Road Sundae, and a helpful sign depicting the available treat hung just above the man behind the counter. One who viewed Rabbit with equal friendliness, if a little bit of surprise that he was recognized.

"Can't complain, dude, can't complain," Dawson replied with a smile of his own, sharing in the awkwardness of the alive comment. "Very...alive, yeah. So're you. Ain' that nice. Uh. Yourself?"

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:39 pm
"I am doing wonderfully." Rabbit's attention wandered up to the sign as he spoke, and his words slowed, finger lightly tapping the counter with each one. Sign read, he looked back down at Dawson.

"Is there Rocky Road cake? I'm looking for cake. Or cookies. Something for a birthday."

medigel
100% not written by a failbot tag

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:02 pm
Visibly pleased to talk about something other than that night, Dawson chirped, "No cake unfortunately, but! Birthday dude might like an ice cream-cookie combo maybe?" You couldn't go wrong with rocky road and chocolate chip. "Or we got an Oreo cake in the freezer, I think...Who's gonna be celebratin'?"

Smerdle
shhhhh 💖💖💖

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:14 pm
"An ice cream-cookie combo sounds doable, definitely," he said, nodding and slowly smiling as if he was picturing the sugary, candle-covered spectacle spreading out in front of him right there. "The last time we had birthday ice cream was some Fudgie the Whale thing back in the 80s. It's for my sister, Liv. I missed the actual day because of... well... that's not important." It seemed that everything came back around to Blackfriars at the moment.

"She said she didn't mind if it was late, but I'm gonna go all out anyway. So, lay it on me. What kinds of combos would you recommend?" As it was with most things food related, Rabbit wasn't the most knowledgeable.

medigel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:54 am
"Aww~ Yer a good man, Tablecloth," Dawson said with a beam. "Let's see what we got...Well, kinda depends also if she particular t'somethin'."

He ducked beneath the counter, then shot back up to scan the usual contents on display to his right. Above the containers of ice cream were rows of sweets. "Like I said, cain' go wrong with chocolate chip. There's macadamia nut too f'she likes vanilla, uh, cinnamon, sugar cookies, snickerdoodle, double fudge, peanut butter...We got a special f'ya use rocky road fer the fillin' this week," he pointed out, perhaps a bit unnecessarily given all the advertisement inside. "Y'can get a mix n' match on cookies too f'she likes different ones."

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:59 pm
He snorted, grinning at his newest nickname. Rabbit supposed he could remain Tablecloth until he handed over his debit card, the one which, surprisingly enough, actually said Rabbit on it. He'd had his name legally changed years ago, but he still kind of loved the reaction it got.

As far as the cookies were concerned, chocolate chip sounded pretty good, as did double fudge and peanut butter, and he had to go with the rocky road for at least a few of them. Maybe...

"Chocolate chip with vanilla, I think." That one was for him, nice and plain. "And peanut butter and double fudge with rocky road. How many is, like, a case... thing?"

medigel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:54 am
"Lessee..." He tapped a few things on the register. "We got singles, six pack, n' a dozen. Six pack about $18, n' a dozen'll put ya at $30 'r so, not includin' tax," Dawson explained. "Rocky Road discount'll knock off a dollar r' two dependin'."

Beat.

"Y'all gonna have a good party with 'em out in the heat," he said with a smile. "House party 'r somewhere special? How old she turnin'?" Always had to be a bit nosy.

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 am
He hesitated, considering a lie, then said, "Thirty-one?" very slowly, as if a tinge of aw, shucks might make the whole thing seem a little less ridiculous. Yes, he was considering the purchase of a dozen ice cream sandwiches for his adult sister's birthday. And yes, technically there were only three people who'd ever get a chance to eat them. The Vaughns didn't really have many friends at birthday ice cream level.

"Just a house thing with a couple of guests, so I think six'll do." Much better. It paid to talk these things out in his head before he rushed into a number that wouldn't even fit in the freezer. "One chocolate chip and vanilla, and the rest with rocky road. Two peanut butter and three double fudge." He nodded. All in a day's work.

medigel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:20 am
Dawson didn't seem to blink at the age; you were never too old for birthday ice cream sandwiches. "You'll be the talk a'the neighborhood," he asserted as he rang Tablecloth up. "Tha's how it was fer me when we celebrated Daisy's birthday. Don' matter how old ya are, erryon loves ice cream."

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:42 pm
Rabbit chuckled. "That's true." He dug around for his bank card, careful not to send his phone flying out onto the floor when he pulled it from his pocket, and rested it on the counter until it was needed. "I'm glad I stopped in here, man. Liv's gonna smile her face off."

medigel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:39 am
He beamed, always proud to do good by the woman who had taken a chance on him and give him this job. "Take a picture fer me," he said as he nodded for Rabbit to remove the card and the receipt printed out. "N' check yer calendar next time ya wanna stop by. We do more than holiday specials!" he added with a wink as he passed the receipt on.

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:27 pm
He didn't look at his credit card or receipt as he shoved them back in his pocket, trusting that everything had checked out and all was right with the world.

"Yeah, sure! I'll do both. I can, like, put them on Instagram too." He didn't have one himself, but he was pretty sure Liv did. "Thanks for your help! I'll get out of your hair."

medigel

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff