Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Shirley Temple on the Rocks (Odette + Sinter)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wanting to connect with him more, Alternia's sweetheart takes Sinter out for drinks after their fight at Bloodfest.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:36 pm
Sinter waited patiently outside of the small Civisect bistro. Odette had been right in assuming Sinter was accustomed to the nightly city life of Civisect. He'd certainly spent enough time there. Not to mention it would have been difficult for a troll of Sinter's interests to stay away from the quality eateries for long. He'd long since assembled a mental list of establishments organized by quality, price, friendliness towards lowbloods, friendliness towards clowns, and general discretion for situations in which the former didn't hold up. The place he'd decided upon was tucked away enough to have not been a central hub for the Bloodfest attendees, but not so overlooked that it wasn't well-maintained. The fact it was managed by a warmer-hued greenblood and not one of the hundreds of blueblooded proprietors was merely a plus. Also they served excellent tiramisu.

Thoughts of quality dessert items as well as having a home-field advantage helped set Sinter's mind at ease. He'd spent the entire walk back to Tamiya's, his shower, outfit selection, mirror pep-talk, and the walk to the restaurant wondering exactly how he'd ended up in this predicament. Victory aside, Odette had seemed all-too pleased to go out for drinks with a troll that had just challenged her to a duel. Either Odette was one-hundred percent serious in her claim of good-will towards all trolls, or Sinter had walked into some kind of trap.

Sinter clasped his hands behind his back in lieu of fidgeting. He'd suffered enough humiliation that night. He wasn't about to run away like a coward.

Kimbley Kitty

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:51 pm
Odette was pleased with herself. The fight with Sinter had left her in a surprisingly good mood, and she was always entertained with crafting up a disguise to avoid the paparazzi. Or with crafting disguises to avoid the eyes of the crown, while she was at it. Generally speaking, fashion was much more interesting when there was an ulterior purpose at hand.

Funnily enough, she had packed the perfect outfit for the occasion. A professional blazer and skirt ensemble, a hilarious imitation of Sinter's style. She'd fit right in on their little date. She set her hair back with a plain headband, and accessorized with a white scarf and a pair of her favorite round sunglasses. Of course, she altered her makeup as well, opting for something more simple and "natural". There were no attempts to appear hemoanonymous, her outfit instead emblazoned with a different symbol.

So Odette made her way to the bistro, careful to walk a little more sternly in her heels, rather than float by as she did when she paraded around as a celebrity. Finding her way through Civisect without being able to ask for directions was challenging for sure, but eventually she spotted Sinter, horns poking out of the distant crowd. His unmistakeable stiffness roused a spark of playfulness in her, so she approached him slowly and out of sight, striding up behind him to whisper in his spongeclots.

"Hello Sinter," Odette whispered, chuckling a bit to herself. She nearly commented on the other troll's stiffness, but she decided it was best to not try to upset him more. Instead, she opted for a compliment. "You're looking pristine as always," Lifting the corner of her glasses, she winked at him. She was certain he could figure out who she was without such a move, but her playfulness had hardly worn off.

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:07 pm
Odette's approach was timed to Sinter looking the opposite way down the street. Her warm breath hit his ear before he could even register his words. True to form, Sinter nearly shot out of his skin. His entire ensemble of bells rattled shrilly enough to blend with the undignified yelp that accompanied his jump. He whirled around on his heel to face the offender. He visibly deadpanned with the realization that it was only Odette. Of course. "Odette," he responded with a voice as flat and dense as concrete. Sinter pulled himself out of his defensive stance and brushed out the wrinkles in his sleeves. He made no attempt to hide the disapproval in his face, but said nothing more of Odette's little "joke."

"You're looking quite put-together as well," Sinter commented as he gave Odette's get-up a once-over. He'd be lying if he said her outfit wasn't to his exact tastes, but he wasn't about to let her know that. "I hope you didn't go to too much trouble on my behalf."

Unwilling to waste more time bantering outside, when the two of them could be bantering inside with refreshments, Sinter stepped back towards the bistro. He opened the door for Odette and stood aside.

Kimbley Kitty

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:10 pm
Certainly not, Sinter, Odette smirked, linking her hands behind her back. She hummed a little laugh, pursing her lips. "I'm pleased that I can get some use out of packing this outfit altogether," She added, shrugging a shoulder at Sinter. She always packed so much, now that she could afford it. She had a different coat for every day of the week, to make up for wearing the same one for half of her young life.

The starlet followed behind Sinter with a cheerful air, amused that he would hold the door open for her. "You're quite the gentletroll, aren't you?" Odette giggled to herself, heading in to take a seat at their table. Hastily, she ordered drinks for the both of them.

"A dry martini for me, and a painkiller for my associate, please." Odette turned back over to Sinter, smiling softly. "Now, Sinter..." She leaned in ever so subtly. "We talk a lot about your moirail, but I don't believe I know a single thing about you."

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:42 pm
Sinter joined Odette at the table. His eyebrows rose, surprised she had ordered for the both of them, but not put-off by her choice of beverage. Sinter was hardly a connoisseur of cocktails. He settled himself into his seat. Daintily, he pushed the silver and glassware to more preferable positions.

Sinter met Odette's gaze with thinly-veiled suspicion, and even less concealed confusion. It was odd enough that Odette had invited him out to begin with. He had no idea what she was trying to accomplish, and the sustained pleasantries were only throwing him further for a loop.

The thought surfaced that perhaps Sinter's discomfort was, in fact, the point of the meeting. It wasn't as though he didn't deserve it. Even if such was the case, Sinter still didn't know what to do with the information.

"There... Isn't much to speak of. My name is Sinter Heilig. I'm from Chittentown--you've... you've seen my hive." The recollection of that particular event did little to alleviate the uncomfortable atmosphere surrounding Sinter. "I do volunteer work for the military. I... Raise prize-winning gerbils..?" Sinter practically winced at that last part. In a weak attempt to obfuscate his embarrassment, Sinter turned the conversation back to Odette. "Wh- Why do you care?" Sinter sighed in exasperation at his own harshness. He amended haltingly. "I'm... still not clear on the reason you've invited me here. I did just challenge you to a duel. And lost. Terribly. Neither of us have forgotten this in the last... hour and a half. Now, having the loser buy the victor drinks is a tradition I'm fully aware of, but that doesn't explain the... the niceties."

Sinter steeled himself. He didn't notice their drinks arrive. He was busy trying to drain his words of the childish insecurity he was feeling. "If you're mocking me... I don't very much appreciate it. I-It's tacky."

Kimbley Kitty

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:18 pm
Odette's coy expression fell into a frown. She leaned back, relenting. It was not her intention to push the other redblood this far. There was an awkward silence between the two as Odette pondered on the most appropriate reaction, taking a sip of her drink.

She set the drink down, twirling a finger along the base of her glass. Finally, she raised her gaze back to Sinter.

"I'm trying to be cordial," her tone was genuine, almost sad. "Do you really think I'm being petty by extending an olive branch to you?" She folded her arms, turning her face away to look elsewhere.

"Since taking my stance against the rebellion, I've lost most of the friends I've ever made." She paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I know the blood between us isn't clean per se, but I thought we might find enough in common to put that aside."

She turned back to Sinter, angrier than before. "If you'd prefer to keep things the way they are, then by all means leave. I'm not holding you captive." There was no pout on her lips to incite guilt. She waited, unflinching, for his response.

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:43 pm
It looked as though he'd offended Odette with his allegations. Sinter's guard weakened. His dedication to diplomacy as well as his general sense of empathy were beginning to wear on him the longer he spoke with Odette. Regardless of how he felt about her, if forced to view the situation objectively... Sinter was in the wrong.

"I'm... sorry," Sinter said after stewing in the uncomfortable silence several more seconds. "I can't begin to imagine what... that must have been like for you. I believe that's the primary source of my suspicion, and... That is on me." Sinter remembered Ganyma, his sponsee, his responsibility afflicted with the very same circumstances, and was immediately overcome with a fresh wave of guilt. "You're... You're part of the Civisect Rehabilitation Center's sponsorship program, aren't you? With Aandes? I'm sorry; it's rude of me to pry into such matters. But... I'm also a sponsor. I should know better. I've been letting my pride as Tamiya's moirail cloud my judgment. I'm not doing anyone any favors. Least of all you and my sponsee. You deserve better."

Sinter did his damnedest to maintain eye contact despite his overwhelming discomfort. As soon as he finished he took a swig of his drink. He successfully distracted himself, if only for a second, with the cloying sweetness. His face twisted, but he continued, albeit with smaller sips.

Kimbley Kitty

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 pm
Sinter was quick to apologize, and while Odette was unsurprised by it, her anger did soften in return. She let Sinter talk through his embarrassment, waiting a good moment before responding.

Finishing a sip of her drink, she let out a weak chuckle. "Aandes keeps me busy, and I love every second of it. He's given me my childhood dream." She explained with a cute shrug. Trying to stay humble, she deflected the conversation back to Sinter.

"Tell me more about your work with the Rehab Center. What got you into helping, well, trolls like me?" Odette asked, gesturing to herself with a dainty hand.

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:41 pm
Sinter reestablished his usual professional facade, though there were still numerous cracks in the veneer. He didn't look the least bit comfortable, but seemed to be making an effort all the same. He took another polite sip of his drink.

While Sinter was thankful for the guidance provided by a specific conversation topic, the Rehab Center was a little closer to the pumpbiscuit than Sinter was comfortable discussing with Odette. Still, he reasoned that he owed her at least that much after all the suspicion he'd thrown her way.

"I was present for the conflict in Old Hemisect," Sinter replied in a measured tone. "It was... bad. Tamiya's hive was destroyed in an explosion. It almost took the two of us out in the blast."

Sinter stared down at the tablecloth. He straightened the silverware despite it already being perfectly parallel. "I don't... hate the rebels. Not... Not really. Not in the same way Tamiya does. I think things might be easier if I could. I understand why they do what they do. I don't agree, but... That's really the source of my frustration with them. I wish I could offer a better solution. 'Work within the system,' is practical advice, but doesn't offer much solace to people who are hurting."

Sinter sighed and tucked a strand of hair back into his clip. "The Rehabilitation Center isn't about taking down the rebellion where it lives. It offers a way out to those that need it. Cleanly. Legally. I want to do all I can without resorting to violence. I want to believe there's a better way of doing things."

"This shouldn't be new rhetoric, especially to you of all people." Sinter's smile was small and unsure of itself.

Kimbley Kitty

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:31 pm
Old Hemisect. Those words felt so unfamiliar now, yet they held a profound effect over Odette. Immediately, she was tense. She tried to hide it, but Tamiya's name held extra sting. She flinched at the memory of it.

When Odette spoke, she didn't have the strength to keep eye contact with Sinter. "The tragedy that befell me in Old Hemisect was what cemented me in the rebellion. I was a little kid with nothing left. A rebel saved my life and took me in." She took a drink and cleared her throat. "Then she left. Now I'm here, trying to make myself better."

She finally turned back to face Sinter. "I wish I had a non-violent solution. I put my money into charitable causes, try to see that orphans aren't led astray like I was..." She shook her head.

"We do our best with what we have. If it brings someone a little good, I'm happy with that."

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:57 pm
Sinter was inclined to feel bad at Odette's reaction to Old Hemisect. The conflict brought no one good memories, least of all those who experienced it. Sinter supposed for a former rebel, Odette was no bystander. Still, he found her discomfort almost soothing to his own nerves. Odette had been so poised, so strong through all of their interactions. Even when she was upset. The Odette before him felt vulnerable. Less like the glittering starlet and more like a troll.

Odette's admission confirmed Sinter's suspicions. He knew better than to press her for further details. Instead he nodded silently. His eyes drifted down to his place settings and stayed there. His own memories were conjuring a vivid enough picture as it was. He didn't need to know more.

"Not many people would be able to come back from that... And certainly not in the arena you have. One of... Of cheer, of entertainment," Sinter searched for the words to explain his sentiment, "The work you do--you've made something beautiful and welcoming out of something ugly and violent. You're an admirable person, Odette."

Sinter watched the ice cubes rotate drowsily in his glass. He cracked the faintest smile at how foolish he felt. He still felt awkward and self-conscious with Odette, but that hardly meant she was a bad person.

Kimbley Kitty

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:04 am
Odette let out a sigh of laughter, punctuated with a soft smile. It wasn't part of her act this time, it was a genuine appreciation of Sinter's compliment— and naïveté. Her opinions of ugly and violent were of course different than his, but their end goals were surprisingly similar. Odette could respect Sinter's methods of trying to change the system from within. Earnestly, she hoped him the best in those goals.

"Thank you, Sinter. I admire you, as well," Odette said with a loving genuineness. Part of her wanted to ask Sinter more about Tamiya, what his goal was in being her moirail. What he earned from a relationship with a troll that Odette had only recognized as callous and violent. But this was a public space, and what was intended to be light conversation. Odette didn't want to bring that pain on herself, not now.

Instead, she raised her glass towards Sinter in a toast. "To the flowers of war. May beauty always triumph through the hardship," She said, watching Sinter with a picture-perfect smile.

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:41 pm
Sinter hazarded a glance up back to Odette at the sound of her laughter. He barely heard it over the gentle ambiance of the restaurant. A look of appreciation crossed over Sinter's features. It was still clouded somewhat by trepidation. He was rarely one to trust compliments. He wanted to trust Odette, though. If not for Odette's sake or what her persona stood for, then for Sinter's own.

His expression relaxed fully at Odette's call for a toast. It felt like a celebratory cap on an otherwise heavy night. Odette's toast suited both the single evening and the lives they'd lived since meeting each other. "Hear, hear," Sinter replied. Their glasses clinked together and Sinter smiled.

Kimbley Kitty
Did... did we finish? I feel like we just finished.

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers