Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:04 am
Falco “Radio” Marks
Brawling Busybody

A boisterous party goer often found around the college; While he’s perpetually one snarky comment away from trying to punch someone out, he's loyal to a fault to what few friends he might gather. (And just as likely to throw a few swings on their behalf.) He might not be your go to if you want Hallmark greeting card platitudes, but he’s got your back in a pinch.

I Might kinda give a Damn 'bout my Bad Reputation

Falco has only been living in Ashdown for about a year and a half, having moved here with his Uncle after a mysterious falling out with his former caretaker, his Grandmother. Since this was preceded by Falco outright -running away- for a week, it comes with a lot of food for the rumor mill, and Falco resents every bit of this. Especially the popular theory that he’s the problem. ‘He’s such a wild Child’, and no amount of study seems to entirely make up for his reputation as a party boy and starter of fisticuffs. It doesn’t help that he’s leaning toward a problem with ‘punch first, question second’ after a couple skirmishes. He’s trying to be better about this, but it’s hard to miss out on the fun stuff, or to pretend he doesn’t want to just haul off and give certain people a reason to stop running their mouths, even if it would make his uncle’s life easier.

Although he hoped to escape whatever he left his old home for, gossip definitely followed him, as one might expect when his otherwise childless uncle came home one day and renovated the spare room, and unloaded a seventeen year old with more unknowns than songs on his ipod. The story about how he came to be living with his uncle was slow breaking (A combination of his uncle sighing over the water cooler to sympathetic ears, and grudgingly trusting admissions over the lunch tables) and Falco… briefly… thought that the partial reveal might make the rumors stop, but instead they seem to have simply printed in stone that he’s unpredictable and possibly irresponsible, because -who does that- right?

I heard it on the Grapevine

"I know where all the action is."- Gossip happens just within earshot If something's going on, chances are, he knows about it or is about to know about it. No wonder he's got a party boy reputation.

ANYTHING ELSE?

The name Radio was originally based on “Radar” from M.A.S.H, Falco’s favorite character from the show when he was younger, but young Falco kept messing up the nickname, and calling him Radio. The nickname stuck… on Falco… and keeps popping up occasionally ever since. Just don’t ask if he has a teddy bear. (He might. But don’t ask about it.)

Height: 5’9
Appearance: Blond hair, olive green eyes, that kind of effortlessly athletic guy that everyone wants to be or wants to strangle. Maybe both.
Wardrobe: Possibly part of the ‘bad boy’ code, lots of jeans, lots of dark tshirts, but the fact that at least one of them is a ‘Dark Owl Records’ shirt might be fun...or maybe it just suggests his wardrobe isn't 100% plain black shirts and jeans.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:06 pm
Hi Ryu! Congratulations, you get to be my guinea pig on testing profiles! Aren't you just super-duper excited?!

Okay. So first off, Studious Pugilist doesn't really seem to fit Falco's character. While he's fight-prone, the breadth of his profile lead me to think he's more gossip-inclined than straight up fighting. Maybe consider a high-concept title like "Gossip Gatherer" or "Brawling Busybody"? That, or build more that he actually DOES get in these fights more than he finds gossip.

Secondly, I love the trouble of trying to work past his reputation as a bad boy and struggling. My only question is how, if they've only recently moved to Ashdown and his running away came before they moved in, has this gossip followed him?

With his power, maybe consider narrowing it to just gossip happening within earshot of him? Party invitations kind of extend beyond gossip, and I feel like focusing just on gossip really plays into who he is as a character.

I love the messed up nickname and the teddy bear. Absolutely adorable. But um, that's it for me right now! Calling in the big boss to see what he thinks about all of this!

shibrogane

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:09 pm
Thanks Moonstone!
I made some tweaks (and put them in blue for now, except for the parts I cut out of the power and such) so hopefully a little better!

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:35 pm
OKAY I'M BACK. Now that the bulk of my finals are out of the way, I gave this some thought.

I don't know how well "he also seems to have been burned once, and doesn’t want to inflict that on anyone else" goes with his concept. I love him as a troublemaker, but if he's getting into a lot of physical fights, how is he maintaining social circles and friendships? I think that's something we need to figure out, direction-wise, and I take full blame for not really being able to articulate this entirely the first time.

The added stuff seems good, I think!  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:37 pm
ADDED AFTERTHOUGHT- I'd like to see a name for his trouble, please?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:57 pm
Moonstone Dazzle

Is this any better?  

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:13 pm
Ryuthulhu
Moonstone Dazzle

Is this any better?

OKAY! So I think maybe get rid of the "go-to for around town gossip" in his high concept- that's something you can build on with him as a Dreamer and not necessarily a core part of his personality/trope. Let's go ahead and edit that, maybe just make him like. A party-boy rather than a gossip source? Cause I mean, if he's partying and fighting, I don't particularly know if people are going to go to him as a reliable source of gossip, you know?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:19 am
Moonstone Dazzle
Ryuthulhu
Moonstone Dazzle

Is this any better?

OKAY! So I think maybe get rid of the "go-to for around town gossip" in his high concept- that's something you can build on with him as a Dreamer and not necessarily a core part of his personality/trope. Let's go ahead and edit that, maybe just make him like. A party-boy rather than a gossip source? Cause I mean, if he's partying and fighting, I don't particularly know if people are going to go to him as a reliable source of gossip, you know?

...That makes sense, it didn't even occur to me to clear that out. -facepalm-. I'll do that now. X_X  

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:14 pm
ALRIGHT BIG BOSS WE DID SOME BACK AND FORTH, SOLID SNEK CALLING YOU IN
shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:21 pm