Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Orb Union-A Gundam Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild Dedicated to all series of Gundam! 

Tags: Gundam, Orb Union, Roleplaying, News, And More 

Reply Orb Union-A Gundam Guild
Gundam IBO season finale (SPOILERS)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gadesso
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:17 pm
Hey guys as we all know today is the final season 1 episode of Gundam iron blooded orphans. I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions about this episode.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:47 pm
>_>
<_<
Sooooo I'm just gonna say first I love this series SO DAMN MUCH since I started watching it. Now that the season ended, I must say bravo. So much happens in those final 5 episodes, and while I am sad, angry and happy at the various results, let's talk... Spoilers!

First off, no one messes with Tekkadan, and those knights from space proved it. rule # 1 of mech warfare; no flashy displays while your known enemy is standing in front of you at the ready with guns. That's just asking for a dead comrade. Idiots. Also, BISCUIT! WHY!!!!!! I WUVED YOU! emotion_sweatdrop crying emotion_sweatdrop (cries a river after that scene*) I am so sad at his lost, but that is one thing I like about this series, people WILL die. It's a war, we're not going all SEED here where only new supporting cast die. This continues on each episode, and while I don't like it, I am completely fine with their choices. Ignoring that lady's death, whose character was now mostly useless... Knight tactics in mobile suit combat...
Next up, the siege on the city... WHAT. THE. HELL. That already makes an international incident on gjallarhorn's participation! Involving itself in a country's politics by actively barricading the city, and none of those news guys thought to question that after the colony incident?! Oi.... So, that aside, the combat was fair until the final day. Felt Akihiro's character was a bit left out when the Kimaris and Graze Ein came out, it would have been interesting to watch him fight the Kimaris. Mcgillis's role as the universe's char was nice until he went full on control freak. I'm not sure but I think he has a plan similar to char's in structuring, and wants some conflict so he can create a controlled peace under him. We'll see.
I was also horrified when both Ein and Gaelio were killed, and they would have been cool reoccurring characters. Maybe not Ein as much (gone loco...), and if Gaelio survived (I can dream until I see that body...) I kinda want him to join up with Tekkadan. He just seems like a really good soldier, and Gjallarhorn would probably have worked effectively underneath him. As it stands, I see the current world moving in one direction; cold war and suppression of military might from gjallarhorn, what's left of it at least.

Spoiler time's over now. We'll have to wait for fall to see the rest of the series continue. It feels very similar to 00, a big conflict and impact before ending the season, but it's been a good stretch so far so we'll see what all they bring in the series in the next season. Great characters, great story and battles, though I wish some were longer and bigger. It ended on a good tone for me.  

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

gadesso
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:53 pm
I'll be honest I didn't like this ending for some minor but important reasons. First was the fact that Azee and Lafter were alive. There is no way the two of them could have survived those attacks. Also Tekkadan never had any real losses. If you remember in almost every gundam series there has been a named character of importance who has died in a major battle. It never happened for tekkadan which is hard to believe.

If anything though I admit I am a bit hard on this series. I don't like Mika at all but I guess there is something wrong with me.

I will admit though Ein is my favorite bad guy of this series.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:54 pm
gadesso
I'll be honest I didn't like this ending for some minor but important reasons. First was the fact that Azee and Lafter were alive. There is no way the two of them could have survived those attacks. Also Tekkadan never had any real losses. If you remember in almost every gundam series there has been a named character of importance who has died in a major battle. It never happened for tekkadan which is hard to believe.

If anything though I admit I am a bit hard on this series. I don't like Mika at all but I guess there is something wrong with me.

Actually, XBiscuitX died previously which is a big blow enough and then a couple of the kids getting more screen time died on the bridge assault... I'll admit those two Turbines surviving was surprising to me, although I have no quarrel with their survival. The turbines are fun to watch, not many harems where they come right out with it in the beginning in Anime, let alone gundam razz  

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

gadesso
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:37 am
Phoenix347
gadesso

Actually, XBiscuitX died previously which is a big blow enough and then a couple of the kids getting more screen time died on the bridge assault... I'll admit those two Turbines surviving was surprising to me, although I have no quarrel with their survival. The turbines are fun to watch, not many harems where they come right out with it in the beginning in Anime, let alone gundam razz
I still feel as though the harem thing shouldn't be in the show. It really wasn't necessary.

Those two surviving was a huge problem in my eyes. I felt like it should have been permanent so it could establish that there is serious losses to both sides. Just seeing them live was enough for me to quit watching it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:14 pm
gadesso
Phoenix347
gadesso

I still feel as though the harem thing shouldn't be in the show. It really wasn't necessary.

Those two surviving was a huge problem in my eyes. I felt like it should have been permanent so it could establish that there is serious losses to both sides. Just seeing them live was enough for me to quit watching it.

Pretty light think to stop watching on. I don't think the turbines were a bad addition though, I love the characters. But that's just me I guess, I like the fun they poke at harems XD  

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

gadesso
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:57 am
Phoenix347
gadesso
Phoenix347
gadesso

Pretty light think to stop watching on. I don't think the turbines were a bad addition though, I love the characters. But that's just me I guess, I like the fun they poke at harems XD
I just can't really continue watching it when there are some huge mistakes glaring at me. I know it's unreasonable but I don't like ignoring some things.  
Orb Union-A Gundam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games