Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:27 pm
Nevada Burns
Super Laze Florist

Nevada has always been about the easy life. She's never had to work harder then she wants and lived comfortably with as little means as possible. In order to maintain this life, she fell in love with care and dedication to plants. After a small time spent in school for Botany, Nevada was hired as a part time worker in a small nursery called 'Rose Hips', from there, her natural affinity for plants and seemingly awkward distant behavior moved her to be a full time grower for the nursery. Her parents at first didn't approve, as both had chosen government Ranger jobs and wished the same path for her but also understand that their daughter has a will of her own. She lives a very modest life, as the most luxurious item she has in her small loft is a desktop computer and the only thing it's really used for is music, some movies and mostly researching various plants for the season's to start growing.

As a child, Nevada always seemed distant and dreamy. Her head found more interest in the imaginings of inanimate objects rather then the drama of people. She had great stories to tell herself, that kept her entertained!

Comfort-Zone

With a comfortable life, comes a very serious mudane and boring existence. She's never had to reach out to people, because she never really wanted too. As a child, this didn't seem a problem as she entertained herself with the stories she made up, but now as she grows older, she finds that the stories aren't as fantastical, and she wonders if it is due to lack of real life experiences.

She's scared now, that if she chooses to immerse herself in a world she didn't care much for before, will either reject her OR fantasically draw her in. She's comfortable with her plants and their care, but also seeks to find something else to be comfortable with. She worries that she will be trading one, for the other and isn't sure there is a way to compromise which leaves in her in a stalemate. It's the same process day after day and it's hard for her to leave it.

Growth Encouragement

When caring for a plant, Nevada finds that her plants are usually green and lush and she never has to go out of her way to buy fertilizer for the soil. It's as if it stays moist and nutritional all the time!

Rise power example should I ever get there:
Nevada's touch is gentle and filled with lots of feelings, which channels into plants (as this is the only thing she has ever attempted with) and helps the plants grow into healthy long living creatures.

Ex: She can 'encourage' a withered tomato plant on the verge of death, to perk up and with a little bit of time, the plant will be just as new with delicious red tomato's to eat!

ANYTHING ELSE?

References: [HERE](Ignore the angel wings man okay maybe she's into costumes. White dress is good and so is bandaged eye!) Nevada is 5'7, with long brown hair and bright green eyes. She keeps one covered after a unfortunate accident as a child with liquid fertilizer. She meant to pour it on the plant and instead tripped and poured it over her face, ending up with it damaging her eye. The eyeball and sight still remain albeit her eye is a milky white with no pupil and her vision is very limited. She can see fuzzy objects and no color. She prefers to keep it covered up due to a bit of vanity.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:31 pm
omg idk what I am doing, did I do this right /cries into hands  

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:54 pm
User ImageNyx. Sweetheart. Great to see you. My team? Loves what you're doing here. Had some notes. Ways to really maximize this write-up.

Let's get right down to brass tacks. Your High concept description? Seems a bit off. Life as a small business owner is stressful. How does Nevada make ends meet? How does she deal with the stress of running her own shop, paying rent, insurance, etc? Maybe she's an employee, not an entrepreneur, hmmm? Hard to see her handling all the books and nitty-gritty.

I'd also like a little more of an understanding of who Nevada is. Where she comes from. Family background. Make her feel real.

Your trouble. My team? Sees what you're aiming for. Wants more detail. Why now? What spurred this crisis? And her plants - what does Nevada fear she would lose if she made friends and stopped spending so much time with them?

Make your changes. Quote me back. We'll make it work.

Pixie Nyxie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:16 am
Silverah

You animal crossed me /cries so amazing

I made some changes, and I hope they give a bit more details as well as her trouble being more defined!

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:15 am
User Image
Nyx.

Nyxnyxnyxnyxnyxnyxnyx.

Nyx.

These changes? Step in the right direction. Bit long in the tooth. My team? Looking for brevity. Please try to condense this down into a single paragraph. Thank you for adding details about her childhood, but right now this profile is a little heavy on the past and a little light on what Nevada's present personality is like, and very heavy on extraneous detail. Aim for a paragraph that flows. (If you are having difficulty figuring out how the template should work, please check Aleksy's profile as a point of reference.)

Onto your trouble. I feel Nevada's conflict. Her indecision. However. Still want more. How is Nevada's unwillingness to step outside her comfort zone and let the world in reflected outwardly? Does she back out of plans at the last minute, or turn down perfectly friendly invitations? Does she eavesdrop on conversations waiting for the right moment to jump in, and then just stand there looking awkward when she never finds it? And how do other people view Nevada? An introvert? Awkward?

Hit me up when you've revised, or grab me on AIM if you have further questions. smile

Pixie Nyxie

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff