Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OP-Yuna

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:43 am
Bernadette Morgan
Impulsive Artsy Hoarder

A wildly imaginative visionary with commitment issues. She is am artist who starts projects with much vigor, but never finishes what she starts before she jump to a new thing. Somehow she never has any problem finding the money for her projects. Also all those unfinished things? Tooootally clogging up her apartment, but she won't get rid of them because she MIGHT finish them one day! Yeah..right.

Commitment Issues

Bernadette, also known as 'Adette,' is a very creative person, who always jumps on their ideas and will work vigorously on them...for a day. Maybe a week. Rarely ever longer than that. Nothing she starts ever gets complete. Adette has issues committing to the project and seeing it through to the end. Because of this Adette has a ton of unfinished projects littering her studio apartment that she refuses to get rid of because she might finish them one day. Yeah, not likely.... Aaaand she is kind of ashamed of the amount of money spent on all these unfinished projects. She keeps them around with every intention on finishing them.

This has also shown up with things like video games, books, TV shows.... Bernadette never finishes a game before she ends up restarting, or moving on to another, and never finishes a TV show before finding something else.

Friends know that she has a good heart when she says she'll totally make them that Tardis centerpiece for their table (or something like that) but know it will never actually happen. They've come to expect this, after many disappointments. At least, those friends who stuck around. She's lost a few friends over the years to her flaky artistic endeavors. Sometimes she also gets herself into embarrassing situations when she volunteers to do something, but ends up.... Not living up to her own hype. She feels really crummy about letting people down, but it doesn't seem like she ever really learns her lesson... Otherwise she tends to feel a quick passing shame that disappears as soon as she has her sights on the next THING.

Girl needs no Kickstarter!

Bernadette always seems to either have the funds, or find the funds for her projects! That spare $10-20 seems to always be hidden somewhere when she needs it for that new thing.

ANYTHING ELSE?

Adette doesn't just hoard her unfinished projects, but also anything that she MIGHT can use for a FUTURE project. She has plastic sterillite tubs all over her apartment filled with unfinished projects, and 'project supplies.' Not only that, but she just can not let go of anything that has sentimental value. Even if it isn't sentimental to HER! Oh, you're throwing out that pillow case that belong to your great-great grandma that for some reasoon has been passed down to you? Don't you dare! That's like....antique man! And she totally passed it to you for a reason! It meant something to her! Here, give it to me, I'll cherish it. Forever.

Comfort is key for clothes! Under-wire!? Are you INSANE!? Hand me my camisole. Skinny jeans? More like wedgie machines! Most of her clothes are usually bought a size or two bigger than she needs, and if she can get away without wearing a bra, hell yes.
Big cheap glasses. She is near-sighted.
She literally can not even without her morning coffee.
She is also a bit of a hoarder. She just can not get rid of all those unfinished projects.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:15 pm
User Image

Tonberry. Can I call you Ton? Berry? Anyway. My team. Likes what you have here. Interesting combination of power and personality. Really brings the profile together.

Your high concept. My team? Having a little bit of trouble seeing the "hoarder" in your description. Can you go into more detail? Is Adette messy? A pack rat? Does she collect specific things or is she just pathological?

Your trouble. Really great. Can see the conflict - but I'd like it to be a little more explicit. How does Adette feel about her failure to finish things? And how do other people view her? Flaky? A mooch? A ~true artiste~? (Don't do that last one it was a joke.)

Powers. Really cool idea here. Would like to see an upper limit on how much money Adette can find at once - always finds some small bills in her jeans pocket when she needs it seems fair. Also, my team? Really appreciates your attempts to put a limiter on what circumstances her power works in - but you don't need to. The universe works in broad strokes. It doesn't know what she's gonna use the money for, just that she's strapped for cash.

Make these changes, hit me up, I'll get you stamped. 3nodding  

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

OP-Yuna

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:55 am
Silverah
User Image

Awesomeness, I fixed up a few things. Hopefully that works, but I'll be glad to further tweak if needed. =3  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:22 am
User Image

Your high concept? Much improved. Seeing the hoarding now, thank you. Moving on.

Your trouble? Good changes, still needs some work. Feels like this isn't something Adette really wants to change. Something that other people judge her for but Adette is fine with. Not getting why she'd struggle with it if the shame passes so quickly. Maybe she used to brush it off, but now it's really starting to bug her? She's older, wants to build a portfolio and be taken seriously, perhaps?

Your power. Still reading like the universe knows what the money is for. Please make this more general.

Hit me up when you've made your changes and I'll do my best to get you a stamp. You're real close!  

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers