Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:41 pm
dhananjay badhan
PART TIME ROCK STAR
Dhananjay, called Dhan by friends and family, is the adopted son of retired politician Anson Badhan. He's a talented kid, with an ear for music and an intuitive understanding of rhythm. He's also got a laundry list of profound learning difficulties that play no small part in him remaining a nineteen-year-old high school student, with no end to his educational career in sight. At school he's an object of ridicule; however, online he's one of the better-known names in post-rock music. Endlessly patient and tooth-achingly sweet, Dhan is a good friend to those who take the time to look. Unfortunately, not many do.

DON'T WORRY, I CAN TOTALLY HANDLE THIS
For much of his life, Dhan's gotten by in school and in life by relying on his twin. When they were in the same classes, they did readings together, and they'd work on papers together, and pair up for group projects. (Not to say Dhan didn't carry his own weight; he's quite intelligent and did form an independent understanding of the material.) Once they got into high school, they started splitting up more for different classes and interests. this tactic failed rather abruptly, to the tune of Dhan falling behind by first a few English requirements and then failing his algebra classes, until now he's been a senior for a year and a half.

It's not that he doesn't try, or that he's not being given opportunities to learn. Dhan just doesn't test well and has multiple accessibility issues. He tries his best, but to those who don't know him or his difficulties he tends to look profoundly, willfully stupid, and he resents that. The longer he's stuck in high school, the angrier he gets about it, to the point where even his own legendary patience is beginning to fail. Even if he does manage to graduate this year (which may well be impossible) he's still got to deal with the effects his disabilities have on the rest of his life. Those difficulties are far-reaching.

LEADER OF THE PACK
Dogs are always excited to see Dhan and will eagerly approach him. Even normally-aggressive dogs will be friendly and affectionate.

ANYTHING ELSE?
Dhan is the elder of the Badhan twins (his sister Roshanna is a sophomore at Rider-Waite). This makes it extra lame that he's still a high schooler.
He has one elder brother, Jon, who is 47 and has two kids.
Dhan's got two albums on Bandcamp and a tidy monthly Patreon income. He's not super well known, but he's got his fans.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:55 pm
User ImageShibe. Babe. My team? Blown away by your taste. Had a couple notes.

Your thread title? All caps. Too loud. Why are you screaming at me?

Your high concept? Too long. The key here is five words or less. Cut it down. Make it snappier. Needs to be short.

Your blurb? Nice work. Detailed but concise.

Good trouble. I feel the conflict. The anguish! The struggle! Very nice work.

Rest of this looks good. Change the high concept title and quote me back, I'll get you stamped! smile  

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:43 pm
Silverah