User Image
The day was bright, quite unlike the first day they met, and Prisca was wandering about the plains with the little cub Penny in tow, not sure where she was going. Penny had calmed down since the older B'alam had found her in the storm and now appeared alert and curious about the world around her. As she should be, far as Prisca was concerned. Everyone should be. Curiosity was a good thing to have. The only problem was, Penny seemed to have too much of it.

"Where are we going?"

"Nowhere in particular."

"What are those along your back?"

"My scales."

"What are they for?"

"Protection, I suppose."

"And that thing on your head?"

"My light at night. You seen it..."

"And that stuff your wearing. Where did you get it?"

"I always had it."

"Really?"

"Yes!" Prisca said a little bit too loudly. Penny recoiled a bit, looking a little startled and frightened at the loud voice. Prisca sighed. Dealing with this youngster was not easy. It was very draining. Maybe she could find someone else to take Penny off her hands. She'd be better off, anyway, with someone who had the patience to raise her and protect her and answer all her questions.

"Forgive me for yelling. I have not been long enough in this world to know much." Penny merely nodded and Prisca felt guilt at her lack of tolerance for this little girl. She frowned, wondering what she could do to make it up to the cub. She didn't really know any games. Didn't really have any interest in games.

Thalion