[PRP] Okay but Who are You (Nahori & Sarcel) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:12 pm
    Sarcel narrowed her eyes. It wasn't accusatory, nor was it a glare, but the slight shift made it seem like she was vaguely annoyed at least. Still, her voice was even and calm when she spoke, "You caught the apology. Good job."

She moved to sit up straight again.

"You're right though, it isn't my problem. Still; is this something you expect to live with forever?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:20 pm
"W-What else can I do...?" Nahori almost sounded desperate when she asked, but considering the way she'd reacted previously, it probably wasn't surprising. "I d-don't want t-to be scared, b-but I can't stop it. M-My body just-" her hands were moving more now in their wild gesticulating than they had all night, "-freezes up a-and my mind just spins and I—"

She shook her head. This was one of only a handful of times she could remember telling anyone about her feelings. Sarcel was a stranger and a blueblood. She shouldn't have been doing this.

Melancholies

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:42 pm
    "Mhm." The hum itself sounded noncommittal, or maybe something caught between awkwardness and distress. After a moment she waved her hand in an attempt at languid body language, but the motion was stiff and uniform instead. "Well, here's the thing, Caviap."

She cleared her throat, "Your worst enemy isn't going to be a soldier on the other side of the lines. It isn't going to be someone you thought was a friend who stabbed you in the back. It isn't going to be anything physical." Something glittered in her blue-flecked eyes, "Your own worst enemy—I don't care what other trolls say—is always your own head. Look at you. You're a mess." The gesture as she motioned towards Nahori was much more fluid this time.

"And unfortunately, there's no one that can really help you with that. The help you need is something you have to figure out and overcome on your own. Not everyone is that strong, but that's what makes the divide. It's what sets you apart. I can't really offer you any other sort of advice."

Not without making it apparent that Sarcel had walked in Nahori's shoes, knew what her anxiety felt like in the purest form, and would therefor level herself out with a troll that she barely knew. Nope, it wasn't happening.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:54 am
Honestly, that was the sort of advice Nahori expected to hear even if it wasn't what she wanted. It was so much easier to let others tell her what to do, to make all her actions only reactions to those around her, to pretend like it was her lusus who was really holding her back. Nahori didn't have the inner strength to be her own troll. At least not yet.

At the same time, though, she'd started to think more lately. They were small steps, never something all that impressive, but her mind wandered with thoughts of her own future.

"Y-Yes, I... I know," she said, looking behind her and deeper into the hive where Guineamom lurked somewhere, yet un-alerted. Sarcel's words had slowly calmed the franticness she'd been displaying only moments before because it felt silly to act that way in the face of someone (seemingly) relaxed. "I-I... still a-appreciate the advice a-and I... will... t-think on it a-a little more."

It was about as committal as she could be right now.

Melancholies

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 am
    Sarcel seemed satisfied at that, at least for the moment. "Good." Still, her face didn't look anymore pleased for how she felt. Nahori was just starting out. Greatness was a long uphill climb, and if Nahori wanted to make anything out of herself, she had a long way to go. Thankfully, Sarcel could tell they both understood that.

But it was neither here nor there. She still had to gain her footing and her own place in the Alternian military before she could hope to give solid help, but at least this was a start. Maybe it seemed insignificant, but every story had to have a beginning.

"Well then." Her posture tensed like she was about to stand, "I'm glad we could have this conversation, Caviap." Maybe they would meet again sometime, if fate saw it fit.

If Nahori saw it fit.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:53 am
"Ah," Nahori started before Sarcel had even stood. This was one of those things she'd been molded for by her lusus—reading social body language, especially when it came to keeping others (highbloods) comfortable. "I, um, I am t-too, Miss, thank you..."

With a small, inoffensive sniff, she stood only a moment after her guest had. "A-Allow me to show you out and, um... t-thank you again. For c-checking in on me."

With that, they parted ways.

Melancholies
FIN

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers