[PRP/BATT] "Tender" Training [Eos x Sarce]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

when: Some time after the Royalist Gala
where: Eostre's Training Block
what: Sarcel asks for a private kickboxing lesson, and Eostre is all too happy to help. Sparring ensues, it's great.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:56 pm
When she first got Sarcel's letter, Eostre had been a bit surprised. She didn't think the other blueblood would ever earnestly ask for something like this, but Eostre was all too happy to oblige, especially if it meant she could get a rematch against her. And teach the blueblood how to fight with just her body, no weapons. Eostre's hive had been a mess due to space ship crash, but with her lusus's help she managed to relocate all of the debris into a hallway that didn't lead anywhere, and was therefore perfect for dumping trash into. She'd have to remember to call a drone to take it out eventually, but at least the structure of the hive was secured.

Her training block was simple, but served its purpose. She didn't bother having it decorated as finely as the rest of her hive, since she didn't often invite others down into the basement level where it rested. Those who were invited tended to be like-minded, and wouldn't care about fancy decorations, as well. There were punching bags (including several low hanging ones Volcano used), folded gym mats, various exercise equipment, and several long black benches, some of which had folded towels, and bottles of some kind of sports drink. Fluorescent lights shone overhead, lighting the room. A TV rested in the corner, with several hastily organized tapes nearby.

Excited to see Eostre bringing over his kind of friends, Volcano was sitting on top of the folded gym mats, thumping and snuffling out to his charge. Why're yeh never doin' this more often, kiddo? Yeh gonna let yer old man teach yeh some moves? He stood on his hind legs and peered over at Eostre. This is the girl yer trainin', eh? She a fighta? Lookin' kinda small there, same as yeh, kiddo.

Ignoring him so she could focus on her guest, Eostre turned to Sarce, and gestured to the block with her taped hands. "Well, this is my training block. Make yourself comfortable," she said amicably. Eostre moved her lusus aside to get some mats on the floor."We can start with a little warm up and stretches, and then if you really want to learn kick boxing, we'll go on to the footwork. Which I suppose I could use the practice with, since I mostly just work on these," she said, flexing her arm and resting a hand on her bicep. She laughed. It was nice to have a troll to train with, and she was finding herself glad Sarcel wanted to do this.

"Any questions so far?" Eostre asked, cracking her knuckles.

Melancholies
exposition city
also, hope this is good! P:

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:21 pm
    Sarcel whistled, low and quiet but nonetheless impressed as they reached their final destination. She didn't say much when she saw the layout of the room, but her eyes spoke for her, shiny and awed. Eostre's hive had been both what she expect and yet the complete opposite; when they had reached the inner chunk of it, everything was so Eostre that it was almost painful. The way there? Well...

"Do they have to be relevant?" it was obviously rhetorical, voice even as she kept speaking, "How come you got your hive built like a death trap?"

She was setting down a track bag by the door, laughing a little incredulously. Eostre didn't strike her as the paranoid type after all, but she guessed having the security was probably nice. Her gray windbreaker came next, though she folded it up neatly before dropping it on the already abandoned bag, hemotyped tanktop revealed underneath with her symbol patched on the sleeve. It felt pretty nice this far under the ground, but the ever cooling weather called for a jacket on the trip over.

She hadn't met Eostre's lusus before, but he seemed pretty... excited. It was nice. She both had and hadn't expected her offer to get taken up so eagerly, but Sarcel was pretty pumped for it. Eostre seemed pretty capable; she'd seen that first hand, back there in the swamp...

Ah, right, the swamp. Honestly, it'd been some time since that whole debacle; there had been the incident with the Royalist Gala too, and her mind briefly wondered about that letter she got after the whole ordeal. 1/100 was practically branded into her mind. There wasn't any room for failure now, and she had a whole lot of catching up to do.

"Actually, I guess it's a little late now, but..." she cracked her knuckles, still a little awkward as she played with her fingers, "Sorry about what happened back in the swamp..."

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:49 pm
Eostre smirked, and placed her hands on her hips in mock indignance. "Well, obviously I built it like that to kill trolls? I don't like uninvited guests," she added, waving her hand dismissively. It was pretty badass, in her opinion, even if Sarce didn't think so. She found the endless hallways comforting, and slept that much more peacefully knowing it was unlikely someone could break into the hive.

Eostre was pulling a small rolled object out of a box, which Volcano was sniffing about. Aren't yer hands already wrapped, kiddo? She nodded, and turned back to Sarce. The swamp where the two bluebloods met felt like a lifetime ago in light of recent events. The party... the shooting, and the letter she received. If it hadn't been how she met Sarcel, she might not have thought about it at all.

"Don't bother apologizing," she said, stepping back into place in front of Sarce. "You did nothing wrong, and if you hadn't pulled a gun on me, I wouldn't have had any excuse to punch you in the sniffnode." She smiled, rolling her eyes. "It was one of the... better parts of that night for me."

She grabbed one of Sarce's hands with her free one, Eostre's other hand preoccupied with holding a generic-blue typed roll of cloth. "Now, I almost forgot. We need to wrap your hands before we can start. So you don't smash it into a billion tiny bone shards."She laughed and looked the other blueblood in the eyes, unable to hold back a grin. "I bet your hands hurt after our fight in the swamp, right?"

Unrolling the blue cloth, she hooked the thumb loop and started wrapping it around Sarcel's wrist in a swift motion, pulling it tight. Next, she pulled the fabric around her knuckles, wrapping it twice. It was important to keep the knuckles protected, since they were easily the weaker points of a fist. Eostre looped the fabric between Sarcel's fingers, securing those. Then, she wrapped the thumb, slowly making her way back to the base, and back to the knuckles to wrap there again. She pulled the fabric taut, and brought it back to Sarce's wrist, and secured the touch fastener.

She trailed her fingers lightly on top of the wrap, feeling the knuckles underneath. Satisfied, Eostre took the other hand, and secured it in a similar fashion, and gave the hand a little squeeze when she was finished. "How's that? Not too tight?"

Melancholies
this is really gay

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:15 pm
    Did they? It was hard to tell exactly what hurt during that trek in the swamp. Rather, it was difficult to parse what specifically. Her entire body ached for nights after the ordeal; her hands were probably included in that equation, yeah. Still, Sarcel didn't bother to respond to the question, listening carefully as Eostre took her hands. She tensed for a moment, but relaxed as the blueblood began dutifully wrapping them. Regardless of her intentions, touch was still a fairly foreign sensation to Sarcel, but this... wasn't necessarily bad.

Not that she liked it, but it was required and that was fine. She'd deal with it. At least she could appreciate Eostre's thoroughness. "I... don't think so." she answered lamely as she removed her hands from Eostre's (not missing that squeeze, however). She flexed her hands into fists against their new bindings. It wasn't that they were tight per say, but it was definitely a new feeling. Hindering came to Sarcel's mind at first. Her fingers felt thick, palms constricted, dexterity limited. Then again, it wasn't like you needed a whole lot of fine motor movements to make a fist.

"Yeah, this is fine." She was nodding to herself, fist slamming heftily against her other palm, knuckles making a muffled cracking sound. "I could get used to it."

And now she was offering a tiny smile. She wasn't entirely sure where to place Eostre in terms of respect, but she was... almost excited for the night. She'd probably get her a** handed to her, but that was fine. If anything, she could respect Eostre's fighting prowess, even if it meant for one hell of a learning curve.

Sarcel held up her tiny, clunky fists, gaze cast downwards as she tried to find a stance. She wasn't sure what she was doing, but she was confident she'd get a bearing after a round or two. Experience was the best way to learn. "Anything else, or are we ready?" she met Eostre's eyes with a playful challenge.

purplerosesbeauty
:^)

purplerosesbeauty rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:24 pm
"Good," Eostre said, flexing her own bandaged hands."I'd hate for you to do serious damage to yourself in what's supposed to be a sparring match, after all." She had had sweeps of training herself from her lusus (who stood on his hind legs, snuffling excitedly in anticipation for their fight) and didn't always use the wraps, but she figured Sarcel, with very little hand-to-hand combat experience would need it. And besides, what kind of teacher would she be if she didn't offer the finest skills to her, to allow her to learn useful tricks she could apply to all aspects of her fighting career?

"I'd say we're ready enough." She smiled and took her own stance, fists level with her chin, legs staggered and feet on tiptoe. If they were finally both ready, the real fun could begin. She could have a partner worthy of sparring with if things went well, but somehow she believed Sarcel would be a quick learner, since she was already athletic the moves might even come naturally to the other blueblood. "Now, one of the most important things is keeping yourself ready to move. Anyone can hit a still target. Be bouncy, have a cadence to your movements but no rhythm to guess your next move."

Eostre stepped back and forth, demonstrating. Stepping back in front of Sarcel, she relaxed. "Easy enough, right? But I don't think you just want to stand around watching me, and I sure as hell don't want to do that either." She had seen Sarcel's eyes, and the challenge that burned in them. She wanted to fight, not waste time. And Eostre could respect that, since she knew the feeling.

She pulled back and punched squarely towards Sarcel's torso, in two successive beats, right then left. They could begin now, learn later. Eostre could correct her faster if she saw the mistakes in motion, after all."Let's go! Try and land a good hit," she said.

Eostre HP: 20/20
Damage: 2

Melancholies
eostre just wants to get to the action smile hope thats ok
after 6 months

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-12)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:52 am
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 4 damage.

Sarcel watched Eostre sharply, her eyes trained on her movements and subtleties. Rhythm wasn't exactly something Sarce considered herself a natural with, but she didn't doubt her sparring partner. Still, she felt a little silly as she started to sway a little, bouncing her weight off of her feet in tandem with one another. Hey, maybe this wasn't so bad—

Eostre didn't hit hard per say, but it was still more than enough to jolt Sarcel out of her thoughts, and she stumbled backwards. Cheeks flushing blue from being caught off guard, she felt herself renew with the want to win. "You'll regret saying that..." she huffed under her breath, less angry with Eostre and more with herself.

She started the bounce again, fists curled with her thumbs over her knuckles. She tried to ignore Volcano's rambunctious snuffling, throwing a relatively messy punch in return. The urge to use her legs instead of her fists was strong, but she resisted. There was a purpose to this training, after all.

Quote:
    HP: 18/20
    Invisibility (Novice Agi B): 1/1
    Adept Artifact Defense Style A (Shwings): 4/4

purplerosesbeauty
prolly wont use the shwings in the battle but i'm keeping them there bcs im too lazy to not c/p

purplerosesbeauty rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:26 am

Eostre breathed in sharply from the weight of the punch. Sarce was already pretty good, if messy. But she could do better. "Good, make me regret it," she said with a smile and a bat of her eyelashes, egging her on. She wanted to see what Sarcel could do, eager to see if she could improve her fighting. A better sparring partner, or maybe something else? Either way...

She returned a punch to the other blueblood, and bounced to her side, rocking on her toes as she looked over Sarcel. "Remember to stay in your stance, you don't want to stop just because you finished throwing a punch, darling. That's how you'll stumble and get your a** kicked." She took a few bouncy steps back, indicating to Sarce to come and attack her again. Eostre glanced at her lusus, who was watching intently, his ears swiveling to hear their every word. She hoped he was enjoying it as much as she was!

Eostre HP: 16/20
Damage: 3

Melancholies
throws a tag at you, rip at it being kinda small tho

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Melancholies rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-12)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:58 pm
Quote:
Sarcel dealt 2 damage.

Messy was right; Sarcel was a weapon of wound up energy, the only problem was her output, her focus. She needed to be sharper, better, faster; she needed to be a force of nature. She needed to be reliable and strong.

The punch hit her and earned a swift oof from the force. Sarcel's force came from her legs, but Eostre obviously had her skill packed into her arms. She took a stance again, trying to copy her partner, eyes watching her intently. At least she was a quick learner; focused.

"Careful what you wish for." She murmured under her breath. She didn't talk this much in combat usually, but it was pumping her up. She darted forward and feinted to the right, jabbing with her left fist. The punch thrown wasn't particularly strong, but sometimes ending things quickly wasn't the smartest option. Sometimes it was a game of stamina. A weak hit landed was better than a strong hit missed.

Quote:
    HP: 15/20
    Invisibility (Novice Agi B): 1/1
    Adept Artifact Defense Style A (Shwings): 4/4

purplerosesbeauty

purplerosesbeauty rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:59 am
Sarcel was quick too, and an even quicker learner, Eostre noted. She pulled back from Sarce, laughing quietly at her muttered comment. "Well, you know me. I'm always careful," she said.

The punch was softer than before, but it still landed. Good.

Eostre HP: 14/20
Damage: 0

Melancholies
after forever, here we go

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items