Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
[X][Fantasy/Romance]The Quest of Spirits Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:20 pm
That would be correct! It is quality that is important! I am gonna start this up biggrin . First post or so should be you finding your Spirit totem, and if you want, activate it. Also, all posts need to include a name and pic, other than that, be creative or not, your choice.
Rynn01

TsukikuroiMai

User Image
Shayne McGarrett

I look ahead to all the plans that we made
And the dreams that we had
I'm in a world that tries to take them away
Oh but I'm taking them back
Cause all of this time I've just been too blind to understand
What should matter to me
My friends this life we live, it's not what we have
It's what we believe in

Thunder rumbled ominously overhead as flashes of light arced across the sky. Freezing rain fell in a torrential sheet, drenching the land with a terrible bite. The light was poor, in the dreary weather, but Shayne continued on, his long bow was slung across his back, protecting the vital weapon from the weather as he marched through the muck of the forest. It was dangerous to come out here. The legends of the Ingora Forest were well known, especially of the story about how an entire battalion of soldiers had been completely wiped out within its depths. However, Shayne couldn't turn back. His family needed food, and he was the only one brave, or foolish, enough to venture into such danger.

He has been searching for several hours for any sign of game, but to no avail. Lightning cracked above, causing the thick tree canopy over him to glow brightly. Out of the corner of his eye, Shayne saw movement, and quickly turned in that direction. Nothing, could it have been a trick of the light? A sense of unease crawled its way up Shayne's back. He felt like something was watching him, but then laughed. It was the forest, animals should be all around, even hidden in their shelters, many would still be watching him for signs of danger. Continuing on, Shayne's sense of unease never dissipated, instead it grew stronger as the hours rolled by. Slowly the light of day began to wane, and the already dim forest was sheathed in an early night.

Reaching behind him, Shayne removed the torch from his back, which hat been protected from the water by the bow case as well. With it in hand, he he reached into his pocket with his other hand and grabbed the steel and flint. With quick movements, he sparked the flint until the torch was blazing before him. The light cast by the fire set the forest in an eerie glow, but Shayne paid no mind to that. His was on the thing in front of him. It was huge, easily standing 6 feet at the shoulder. It walked on all fours, its body was large and stocky, rippling with muscle. Black fur covered it from head to tail. Its head was like that of a wolf, though it had two sets of eyes, one right below the other, which glowed yellow in the fire light.

Grayish spikes erupted along its back, ending in lethal points. On the end of its tail, the flash of a metallic looking blade reflected the light as it moved from side to side. The monster's mouth was open, slobber mixing with the rain as it fell to the ground, and a deep, threatening growl could be heard over the rain. Crap, I don't have my bow, and if I make a move, no doubt that thing is gonna jump, ripping me to shreds before I can even do anything about it. The thought, plus a thousand others flashed through Shayne's mind within the blink of an eye.

The monster lowered its head, its lips lifting to reveal two rows of razor sharp teeth as it snarled. Shayne knew he wasn't gonna make it out of this, but before he could blink, something huge burst out of the trees, its massive head reared back, its mouth opening and a moment later, it snapped its jaws down on the first monster, completely biting it in half before it could react. Shayne didn't even think about it, he turned tail and rain with all the speed he had.

After a few moments, it was clear that Shayne wasn't being followed, but he didn't slow down. After what had to have been near half an hour of running, Shayne had to stop, his legs were like lead and his lungs were about to burst. He saw a cave almost out of reach of the torch light, and headed that direction. Quickly, he checked to see if anything was living in it, when he confirmed there was not, he bolted inside, glad to be out of the never ending rain.

After perhaps twenty minutes of resting on the floor of the cave, Shayne decided to explore the cave more, and got up. It was apparent that the cave was longer than he thought, and he feared that he would get lost, trapped forever in the depths of the cave. But some unknown sensation kept pulling him further, like his body had a mind of its own. Further, further into the cave Shayne went, until finally his path ended in a dead end room.

There were candles everywhere, most were melted to stubs, but a few were still usable. Obviously, others had been here before, and curious, Shayne used the torch to light one of the candles. Immediately, all the usable candles sparked into life, revealing a circular chamber. In the center stood a pedestal, upon which, a small statue of a dragon stood sentinel. Venturing closer, Shayne was impressed by the amount of work had gone into the statue, every pain staking detail was present and in perfect condition, from its scales, to the teeth and claws, to the wings. Without conscious thought, Shayne reached out, and grabbed the statue, removing it from the pedestal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:01 pm
Rynn01

TsukikuroiMai

You guys still interested?  

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:12 pm
TsukikuroiMai
Rynn01
{(- We aren't going to judge you on quantity, but quality. The willingness to even try says a lot, lol. -)}

DragonSlayer Arcos

[Yea but I didn't realize you posted, sorry. I never received the quote. I'll post tomorrow]  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:19 pm
DragonSlayer Arcos
Rynn01

TsukikuroiMai

You guys still interested?

I'll post in the morning.  

TsukikuroiMai

Naughty Fox

13,490 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Rynn01

Friendly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:09 am
TsukikuroiMai

DragonSlayer Arcos

Alice had been walking in the woods, just a normal stroll to help calm her down, to think she would get lost and enter the forbidden part of the forest. It was dark, gloomy and downright depressing. Plus it was cold here and that breeze didn't help. Out of no where the sky boomed as thunder and lightning cracked overhead. She flinched, almost cowering against a tree. Rain began to pour down like a waterfall and there was no shelter in sight. She ran and ran, getting more flustered and soaked. Soon she was at the bottom of a cliff that had a little overhang, Alice took shelter under it. She panted and leaned up against the hard wall, next to a bush. She shivered and curled up in a ball.

She heard rocks crumbling and the earth beneath her began to shift and then, she fell into a hole. Looking back up she discovered that it was only about 5 feet deep. Standing up she dusted herself off, "Ow." It was dark and she didn't have a light. Something pulled on her heart, urging her to go in further. Alice patted the walls, trying to find her way around but it was pitch black. But as she went along, she started to see a faint glow of light. Her fear was dissipating as she got closer and closer.

When Alice rounded the corner, she was amazed and speechless. This was the end of the tunnel and it was filled with crystals that illuminated the cave. Looking around she saw what seemed like an old pedestal, on it was a small figurine about 3 inches high of a wolf. Something inside her told her to pick it up, and she did  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:37 am
DragonSlayer Arcos

Rynn01

Táibào Shòyuè
User Image
Táibào grimaced as he darted through the rocks, well aware of his dark pursuers. He assumed they were slavers, which he despised since they tended to... enjoy the goods. He took a deep breath and focused, pushing himself harder and faster before his eyes widened as he shot off the side of a cliff. He knew it was the Yǒngù Jià [Endless Drop], an infamous gorge that very few were able to find their way out of due to the nearly sheer cliffsides. His eyes narrowed as he spread his arms and legs out, slowing his drop before he noticed a slight glow and shifted slightly, well aware that small movements made for fairly sized adjustments; unknown to his tribe, the Yèchámáo, he knew the gorge better than nearly anyone since he did, in fact, regularly jump into the gorge; he'd found out that the supposedly 'sheer' cliffsides were dotted with caves and tunnels. He tucked at the last moment and rolled, grunting with the landing; he knew that many in the desert region where he'd grown up were very superstitious, though he'd kept his jumps secret. He cocked his head, noticing a soft gray-silver glow, almost like the reflection of lightning off of the dual spears hanging from his back. He shivered due to the chilly, stale smelling air as he winced a bit, his body aching a little from his rolling landing within the tunnel which had widened into a cave. He blinked, seeing the altar with what appeared to be the statue of a teal eyed, silver dragon on a spire of dark gray stone. He noticed some spires of clear, carved stone that looked tough and hard, though as he approached the altar, the eerie silence made him wary. He plucked the statue up, tilting it in the faint silvery light. He blinked as the eyes seemed to radiate a faint teal-green light.

TsukikuroiMai

Naughty Fox

13,490 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers