Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Relationship and love fiction vs reality

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:38 pm
I watched a lot of romantic movies and drama. I've read books and mangas that have love stories.

All of that is fictional. Is there anything you find that fictional love stories do not represent the reality ?

Okay, let's put away the typical old disney movies that the prince and princess fall in love at first sight and live happily after.

Of course, I've read and saw a few fictional stories that represent a bit more the reality I guess. I have nothing much to compare to reality except my friends love relationship, my parents (they divorced) etc...

Because I am the one who never was in a love relationship. I had crushes, one sided love, that's all. So, I haven't experienced any. Many fictional love stories are very romantic and someone told me : Reality isn't like this.

I think it's okay to dream...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:26 am
The person who told you that is somewhat correct. Reality is never entirely like that, but it doesn't mean bits and pieces of fictional romance cannot be true. Usually in fiction, relationships build up to this point where they're basically written off as the perfect match and that's the end of the story. Perfection doesn't exist, that's true, but you can have a "match" and it not be perfect. Your love can still be beautiful and romantic even if it's not exactly the same as what is portrayed in these stories. You don't always have to meet people in the way characters in stories do either, or fall in love with them the same way they do. People fall in love in all sorts of different ways and with different types of love. I don't know if love at first sight exists, but you can certainly have a quick affection for people and just plain like what you see right off the bat, but I think the build-up after that point is what is worth focusing on. You were pulled in by the visual part of the package, but you slowly fell for the person inside it, that can absolutely happen.

And you are also right, that it's okay to dream. Not everything you see in fiction is bound to happen (at the very last not all at once), but it doesn't mean you wont experience any of it either. You can have those hopes and dreams that you'll have something like them, it's only natural if love is something you desire.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Harmonic Tune

Astral Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:04 pm
*sigh* it isn't real....
The one thing I'm absolutely jealous of in fiction is that the protagonist has amazing friends, the kind that would jump hoops for you or even die for you. I know I would reciprocate those feelings if given the chance.

Also, for the lovey dovey fiction, men or guys aren't like that. Some are so impossible to fix and others are easily influenced by there guy friends or other people and thus are jerks and a-holes.
Guys talk, this happened to me where one of his guy friends would tell him that I was ugly and wasnt good enough for him to the point where he wouldn't even talk to me anymore. Sheesh we were close but it's not like we were dating. I wouldn't have cared if he didnt feel the same way, I just wanted to be friends.

It kinda hurt me emotion_facepalm the point is... life sucks and you have to try your hardest to be happy or you won't be happy at all  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:33 pm
Harmonic Tune
*sigh* it isn't real....
The one thing I'm absolutely jealous of in fiction is that the protagonist has amazing friends, the kind that would jump hoops for you or even die for you. I know I would reciprocate those feelings if given the chance.

Also, for the lovey dovey fiction, men or guys aren't like that. Some are so impossible to fix and others are easily influenced by there guy friends or other people and thus are jerks and a-holes.
Guys talk, this happened to me where one of his guy friends would tell him that I was ugly and wasnt good enough for him to the point where he wouldn't even talk to me anymore. Sheesh we were close but it's not like we were dating. I wouldn't have cared if he didnt feel the same way, I just wanted to be friends.

It kinda hurt me emotion_facepalm the point is... life sucks and you have to try your hardest to be happy or you won't be happy at all

You're last sentence is true. I'm always unhappy about something, my career, my job, income, my life in general.

It seems I have to pretend everything is no big deal. *sigh*

What about you ?  

Miss_XxAriaxX

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas