Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Sparring for Newbies [Blanca / Leo]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:21 am
Ambushing creeple at the gym had become a bit of a hobby, really; well, okay, ambushing might be a bit of an overstatement. Friendly soliciting? Grinning creeple into submission?

Whichever it was, that was what Leo was doing today. She'd done some training on her own but had taken a break to lay in wait, hoping for someone else to arrive at the gym - someone who wouldn't mind a spot of sparring, that was. She'd had a few refusals, but most creeple who came to the gym came with the same goal as herself; bettering their skills, preferably against a live (or undead) opponent.

Finally she spotted someone else; a cute ghoul who she was pretty sure was a ghost or spirit of some kind. She certainly looked the part.

"Hey there!" Moving up to the other ghoul with a spring in her step, she greeted her with a happy grin. "You happen to be looking for someone to spar with?"

FigmentWolf
Handy links: Battle Guide and FEAR Guide

At the start of a spar usually we each roll 1d20 and whoever rolls the highest starts off the spar! If Blanca says that this is her first time sparring tho, Leo will happily let her start. : DD If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will do my best to answer!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:59 am
Blanca wasn't completely certain how she'd ended up in the gym. It was certainly not where she might have intended to go. All of the boils and ghouls fighting it out... friendly fighting, but still fighting. She'd never even tried to fight. Surely she could, but this was not how she'd wanted to start.

The sudden appearance of the ghoul in front of her caused the ghost to raise her rabbit defensively. Hiding behind the stuffed bunny, she spoke softly. "We've never fought before, Bunny... We... we don't know how to..."

Ephebe

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:22 pm
Oh dear, she seemed to have startled the other ghoul. Leo backed up a few steps, downsizing her grin to an encouraging smile. "That's fine! Everyone's gotta start somewhere, right?" She leaned back on the balls of her feet before gently tipping forward; "do you wanna give it a go? I can help you out with any questions you have. It's fine if you don't want to though, no pressure."

FigmentWolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:41 pm
Turning her stuffed rabbit around, she gave him a serious, almost questioning look. Softly glowing eyes stared at the bunny, waiting for him to tell her what to do. She trusted him to know what to do.

Finally, she turned the little rabbit around again to face the ghoul in front of her. "We should learn how to fight. I don't like it... but you think we should learn, huh, Bunny?"

A light tap from her and the little bunny's head dipped in a nod. They were going to learn, so they could be scary like they were supposed to be and then they wouldn't ever disappear.

Ephebe

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:50 pm
Grinning happily to the other ghoul, the Mare nodded in assent. "Okay then! I'm Leo and it's nice to meet you - and about learning to fight..." She hesitated for a moment, before continuing; "I think fighting shouldn't be about hurting someone, but instead, think of it as a tool you can use to protect those you care about if that makes it easier." At least that was what she told herself to make it easier to fight again after her time as an Initiate.

Moving on, she thought for a second about how best to explain sparring. "Usually when sparring you and your partner will decide whoever gets to start the fight; I think in this case it's best you go first. Then we fight until one of us calls it quits; don't be afraid to throw in the towel, there's no reason to lose your FEAR shield in a spar." She smiled, "do you want to set any special rules? Like no FEAR attacks or something?"

FigmentWolf

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff