Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Afternoon Tea (Xiu / Edel + Ivar) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 am
Edel let out a small cough, trying to regain her composure.

"For Adrianne and Viktor Smiths?" she clarified, shooting the baku a look that said it's not what you're thinking, "Harold's will not take to that cancellation kindly."

"Exactly."

"Now you're just being spiteful," she teased.

The frost demon continued to give Xiu a very strained :> smile.

"It would be most excellent if you would be able to come up with a few ideas in the meantime, Miss Xiu. I will certainly have to drop by again to discuss it with you, and also the catering arrangements for the upcoming events." He stopped and shook his head. "And before I get too carried away..." the man procured his own business card, handing it over to the Baku politely, "Just Ivar will do from now on. You're very welcome to come and visit, especially if you are concerned for Edel."

Edel could only look on in amusement when she noticed he was positively smiling. "That is high praise, coming from him," she told Xiu.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:51 pm
...Oh. Xiu's expression was an odd mixture of relief and disappointment, her features constantly shifting as she took in the realization that she'd be making a cake for a pair of strangers. On one hand, she was glad to know that Edel and Ivar weren't rushing into a wedding (assuming she was even right to think that they had some sort of romantic relationship), but on the other hand...weddings! They were such happy and exciting things, and she was disappointed that she would not be attending one anytime soon.

(Why a courtroom wedding, aniki, why).

Xiu grabbed one of her business cards out of the holder on the counter, taking Ivar's with a "thank you" before offering her own back in exchange. "Yes, of course! I'll start sketching up some rough ideas tonight, and you're welcome to call or text me to set up a consultation whenever you'd like! My number is on the card--and, of course, Edel has it."

She smiled at said ghoul, only to duck her head in embarrassment at her friend's words. Xiu was both pleased and embarrassed to know that he liked her cakes enough to inquire about catering and a wedding cake, neither of which were small orders. Clearing her throat, she turned back to face the man and dropped down in a small bow.

"Thank you, Mr--er, Ivar! And I might have to take you up on that offer to visit if I'm not imposing too much. I'd certainly like to drop by and see Edel and bring you two some cake and tea!" And, of course, to make sure that the ghoul was safe and healthy despite this whole...gangs and rings thing.

Zyphiris

Kaiyumi

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:33 pm
Ivar seemed to notice the look on Xiu's face, causing him to feel a little warm at his cheeks while he turned to look at Edel, who returned him a quizzical look. Meanwhile, the frost demon was feeling glad on one hand that Xiu and Ivar had hit off so well, though she was a little disappointed to think that the cafe will no longer be her exclusive hangout place...

She was also a little surprised to see how quickly Xiu had taken up his offer to visit them, making her wonder if it was because the baku was going to make sure that nothing funny was going on between the two of them, which there was none, none at all.

Ivar and Edel took to staring at each other again, as if deciding who should reply. "That would be lovely Xiu," she finally said, laughing softly, "And if you are able to hold a drink - ah, I'm sure we- I mean, Ivar would be most happy to oblige you with the finest selection of wines...." The ghoul looked away quickly as soon as she stumble, mentally facepalming.

"I will see you again soon then, Miss Xiu," the man picked up the conversation once more, "And I'm sorry to say that we may have to leave soon, we uh - have something to attend to..." He turned to look at Edel, who was giving him a rather shocked look, having assumed that she would be staying in for much of the foreseeable future.

"The Raizon's exhibition?" he clued her in, "We were invited to an early private viewing..."
"Oh but I thought?"
"I don't see you being in any danger with me," he replied firmly, "They wouldn't dare"

The ghoul threw him an incredulous look, as if to say what gives you so much confidence??.

"I'm so sorry for the short stay Xiu," she sighed as got up to her feet, moving over to where they stood at the counter. "I'll settle the bill, thank you," she insisted, preempting a fight over who gets to pay. The frost demon would be sure to have on an expression that said not what you think~~~ each time she and Xiu exchanged glances.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:08 pm
Xiu squinted a little at the slip-up, but didn't make any move to point it out. She just silently filed it away in her brain. "That sounds nice, if it's not too much trouble. I'm not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy showing my appreciation for a good drink." Which was to say that had taken sips of wine in the past to test and savour the flavour, but otherwise wasn't much of an alcohol enthusiastic outside of that.

...Even if she could apparently hold her drinks pretty well.

If the little giggle from the baku was of any indication, she seemed to find the exchange between her friend and the man to be pretty cute. She bit down on her lip for a few seconds in an effort to suppress any further giggling. "Please don't apologize! I'm just happy that the two of your could drop by today, however briefly. Both of you are always welcome!"

On the note of the bill, however, Xiu tilted her head, pink eyes round. "Bill, what bill?" she asked, linking her fingers behind her back, "None exists."

Zyphiris

Kaiyumi

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:02 pm
"No I insist."
"No I insist."

The two of them called out, looking very alarmed.

"At least let me pay for the sample tasting, it would worry me that we should start off on the wrong foot," he explained himself rather persistently.

Meanwhile Edel was leaning over the counter, smiling threateningly at Xiu while sliding over a small handful of seeds. "Xiu, I will most certainly find a way to pay you if you do not take this..." she whispered.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:23 pm
Xiu giggled when the two spoke in unison, but she appeared decidedly more tense when Edel leaned forward towards her. She could handle Ivar's insistence, but the ice demoness' threatening smile made her balk a little. Grinning nervously, she held up both of her hands in defense.

"Half price?" she suggested, trying to come to a compromise that both sides would be willing to (grudgingly) accept, "After all, this is the first time the two of you have been here and I was granted the pleasure of your company."

Xiu reached out and tried to push most of the seeds back out at Edel. "I insist."

Zyphiris

Kaiyumi

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:20 pm
There was only one way around this.

Spinning around, and making sure to leave all the silver seeds on the counter, Edel grabbed Ivar's arm and led him out of the store (the dark elf barely had time to express his farewell greetings before exiting the door).

There was some mild bickering going on outside, but the two would then stop and turn around to wave goodbye from that safe distance where Xiu would definitely not be able to chase them with an attempt to return the payment.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:43 pm
Xiu didn't react fast enough. The next thing she knew, there were seeds on the countertop and the little bell above her door rang to signify Edel and Ivar leaving the store. She blinked after them in stunned surprise, cheeks slowly inflating when she realized what had just happened.

The ghoul stared back at them with a ":T" face, but she waved back anyways. Next time would be different.

Zyphiris

Kaiyumi

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas