Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Plots & Quests ] The Square
✥The Carta ✥

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Love it!
  Not so crazy about it...
View Results

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:38 pm
The Carta

So amuse my thoughts for a second! We have a few things we need to sit down and think about here! We all know that The Grand Weaver created the B’alam and their world correct? Good, so we are on the same page. Now let’s stop and just think for one second. There is a map to the world…is there not? Yes…there is! So where did the map come from? We could always say, ‘Well…you know…The Grand Weaver just popped it into existences’ but that would be no fun. That’s actually kind of really boring and defeats the whole purpose of my plot idea! So let’s just move on away from that now!

I got this idea from another shop I was once a part of and from a random contest I won this pet in. Going through my old pets from my previous shops, this one just kind of hit me like a brick! Which was sort of mean of him…but that’s beside the point! Now we know there are the chronicles who record special encounters within the B’alam world and write down the stories…thus the history. But who was it who wrote down the map? And records any new colonies on it and what not? No one as far as I know!

So there are a total of seven different kinds of B’alam…I believe there should be seven certain B’alam who travel the lands within their respected breed, and draw out the map. Then every month or so, they meet up and put their maps together to create the world as a whole! Now I know that seems a bit short, but I wanted a short version or I could go on about this forever. So I will get to a better point now…

Long story short…one B’alam from each tribe was created by The Grand Weaver with the purpose to record the lands within his/her tribe. They record…in detail…every rock, tree, and colony territory. Then about once a month, they all gather in an agreed location and put their maps together to create the world map. Each takes their copy of said map then go back off again to continue mapping their own respected tribe lands. After all the world is brand new and seems to be ever changing.

Now unlike the Chronicles the Mappers or, as I like to call them, The Carta (Map in Italian) they can take part in normal, daily activates and stumble into open role – plays, or ones they are invited to, and take part in them. They don’t remain out of the picture and hidden but are actually very active in their Tribes and the world as a whole!

So what do you think? Hope you are still with me, if so let’s move on!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:38 pm
Naturally I plan on questing for the little buggers, since I’m going to need seven total…one for each Tribe. However to make things easier…they will all have the exact same markings. The only difference between them shall be…Tribe, Gender, and Base color. Other than that they all look to the exact same…so there is no whining about anything.

I already plan on playing one of them of course, I just need to figure out which Tribe he would belong to, but the rest shall be given away in a role – play contest since these beauties will be heavy role – play oriented. My will, desire, wish, or however you want to phrase it, is that all of them will end up being a Magus before too long. I mean honestly, the task really is not that difficult. And since The Carta are free to travel and do normal role – plays as well as role – plays with one another, reaching such a status should take no time at all.

When it comes to the contest, I will be looking at more than just your post. I will be looking at activity, and your dedication to role – plays. I’m a quality over quantity person but if you can manage a little of both, well I shall love you forever!

Moving on, to one of the most important things in my opinion…these B’alam are blank slates. I will not have a required personality for them to have. The only say I shall have is their appearance, other than that they are all yours! The only thing I ask is that they are not too evil. You want to have a wicked Carta? Go for it! Just don’t make them the most evil B’alam on the planet though, they do have a very important job to do after all!  

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:00 pm
User Image Here is the mean little brute who smacked me in the face like a brick and gave me the idea for the Carta. Now tone down some of his markings a bit so he ain’t so busy and that’s the general idea of what I have for the Carta markings.

So please if you are interested let me know by filing out the simple form below. This is just to get a head count of who might be up for the idea to ensure we will have enough people for all the roles. I don’t mind doubling up someone with two, and no more than two, Carta if they are up for the task and if need be to see this idea come to life!

I personally have chosen the Fire Carta, whom I hope to be a male, for my role but all the rest are up for interest. There will be an official role – play contest later if everything works out for each role.

Please note however I do not know if the Cara shall be male or female, so please when filling out the form, fill it out with two answers (male and female). If you only plan on going for that Carta if it’s a certain gender then that’s fine too, just fill it out for the one. You can also show interest in how ever many you like. Just make sure there is one form for each.

(SN)
I am the (Tribe) Carta!
You shall know me by (Name(s) One male/female)
It simply means (Meaning(s))
Some would say I am (a quick insight to a possible personality…this can always change later)
It was a pleasure meeting you

[b]✥[/b] [size=9][b](SN)[/b][/size]
[b]✥[/b] [size=9]I am the [b](Tribe)[/b] Carta![/size]
[b]✥[/b] [size=9]You shall know me by [b](Name(s) One male/female)[/b][/size]
[b]✥[/b] [size=9]It simply means [b](Meaning(s))[/b][/size]
[b]✥[/b] [size=9]Some would say I am [b](a quick insight to a possible personality…this can always change later)[/b][/size]
[b]✥[/b] [size=9]It was a pleasure meeting you[/size]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:19 pm
Interested Parties

Earth Carta

Fire Carta
Libra15

Water Carta

Ice Carta

Wind Carta

Light Carta

Dark Carta

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:20 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:22 pm
Libra15
I am the Fire Carta!
You shall know me by Veneur
It simply means Directions
Some would say I am not the easiest B'alam to get along with. However once you do win me over I serve to be a forever loyal friend. I take my job very seriously and put it before all else.
It was a pleasure meeting you  

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100
[ Plots & Quests ] The Square

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items