Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
Hey, Circus Monster [MultiAsh and io3121] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:40 pm
User Image
Benjamin "Benny" Tobermori

The week went on, and it seemed each day brought in less people than the last, and by the end of it, Leo was about to blow a vessel in his head. Benny was taking stock of the medical supplies for Brutus when he heard Leo yelling for the freaks to meet in the show tent. He put his clipboard down and went to go see what was going on.

Poking his head into the tent, he saw all the freaks gathered and waiting nervously. He lingered by the entrance to see if he would be needed or not.

Tryks had her back up against the wall of the horse cart, Ratt pinning her there and grinning. She had managed to avoid him most of that week, but he was still after her about the mix up with the horses, and he had finally caught her alone. "Master Leo was pretty mad about them horses, and someone had convinced him it was my fault. Who was it? Hmm?" He drew his fist back, aiming for her face. Tryks glared at the older boy, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing her scared. A sharp yell from Leo made Ratt jump, giving Tryks the opportunity. She bunched up her legs and slammed them into his chest, sending him sprawling backwards into the dirt and hay. She ran for it, ducking into the freak show tent and squeezing in behind Maggie, panting.

"What does master want?" She asked her friend in front of her, though she had an idea. She had noticed a severe lack of guests at the circus lately and that could only mean he was loosing money. She hoped she wouldn't have to preform more of the psychic reading acts. They were tiring, and lately she had been faking them. Seeing ghosts was one thing. It didn't take any energy to look, but call specific spirits up to speak to their living loved ones was something else. She waited for Leo to get on with the meeting.

MultiAsh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:04 am
Maggie Wong

Maggie looked over her shoulder as Tryks sat down in the seat behind her. She shrugged, "I honestly don't know.. I can only hope that whatever will happen will only happen to one of us. Master's never called such a meeting before," she whispered before turning her attention towards the stage. Leo had walked up in front of them, and began to pace, folding his hands behind his back. Louise curled up in Maggie's arms, "He looks really angry.."

"You all are probably wondering why I called you all into this cursed tent at this very moment," Leo started, continuing to pace in front of them, "In case none of you could see it, or even understand it through your thick skulls, we are losing money. Guests are not arriving to see the main attraction, which is all of you, of course. As much as I wish to whip you all personally for not entertaining them to your full potential, I have decided to give you all one more chance. However, if no one dares to show up, then that means no one sitting in this tent will get to eat! Do you understand?!" he shouted, turning to face them.

User Image

io3121

Watashi wa Hitori

Invisible Phantom

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:44 pm
User Image

At the mention of "Whip" Tryks drew in a sharp breath, tensing, fists clenched on her knees. What were they going to do? How could they get more people in when they've already seen everything there was to see? Tryks had to force herself to calm down. He said he wasn't going to whip them, not again.

Benny watched the whole tent fill with fear at the ringmaster's words. He had to think of something. Anything. He chewed on the inside of his cheek, then it hit him. He cleared his throat. "Excuse me? Mr. Leo, sir. I think I have an idea." He announced, stepping into the tent completely. "I was passing by when I heard the news about our custom wavering, so I peeked in to see if there was anything I could do." He paused, waiting to see if the man would listen, or decide to throw him out. He hoped his boss was not angry with his eavesdropping.

MultiAsh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:10 pm
Maggie Wong

Maggie tensed up as Leo mentioned of, not whipping the freaks if no customers showed up to their performances, but starving them. She wouldn't know how to help out the others, especially the younger freaks, if Leo began to starve them. Hearing the familiar male voice, Maggie whipped her head around, looking over to see Benjamin pushing through the flap into the tent. Nervous sweat rolled down the side of her face. What sort of idea could he possibly have? Considering he recently came from the outside world, he would know what patrons would like best.

Leo let out a huff, folding his arms over his chest, "Well, since you took the time to stroll in here, what sort of idea did you have?" he questioned, "You know what the customers are looking for better than anyone here in the circus... Please, give your advice. Jabber away."

User Image

io3121

Watashi wa Hitori

Invisible Phantom

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:19 pm
User Image

Benny came to stand with the ringmaster, looking him in the eye, bub not showing any disrespect. "Well, the way the freak show is managed is classic, but old school, and I think people are too used to it. Maybe if we changed the formula a bit. I dunno, maybe show more than one act at a time, or instead of introducing them individually, maybe make it like one long show with one act leading into the other." He thought about this as he spoke, "We could throw in other attractions as well, like the tigers, or dancing ponies. Right now, all of the acts are seperate, but if they were arranged maybe into one long show, maybe with some music too, then it would be a new flare that might grab people's attention."

He looked the freaks over, hoping his idea saved them from whipping and starvation, then looked back at Leo, smiling as though he had no idea how cruel the man was, even adding a touch of admiration to his glance, to hopefully boost the man's attitude.

MultiAsh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:29 pm
Maggie Wong

Leo thought for a moment about Benjamin's advice. Her stroked his mustache with his fore finger and thumb, turning away from everyone, "You certainly have a point there, Benny," he complimented, "If we put on an actual show for the customers. That means we'll need to get working fast! Tryks!" Leo shouted, whirling around to look at the small red-head, "I want you to start creating some music and determine who the singers will be! Make sure there's a story, or you will get whipped! Maggie, you'll be in charge of sewing new costumes for these freaks! There's spare fabric in the back. Louise and Ratt, create a short play for the audience to enjoy! Ask Benny, here what he would like to see on the stage as a musical, but make sure to showcase your deformities," he explained, putting a hand on Benjamin's shoulder.

Maggie gulped a bit before shrinking down in her seat. Was this even going to go over well? A musical play by freaks for normal people? Leo smirked as he turned towards Benjamin, "Feel free to consultant them, or with me, on anything. These freaks wouldn't know how to create a musical, even if the tools were right in front of them," he joked before turning back towards them, "What are you waiting for?! Get to work!"

Louise looked up at Maggie before sliding off of her lap, into the chair beside her, "I don't like where this is going... I don't like the idea of working with Ratt, but I don't really have a choice in the matter..." she mumbled, tears threatening to well up in her eyes. Maggie looked down at her, leaning down to hug her gently before pulling away, "It's okay. If you need anything, just find me backstage. I'll be there all day. Okay?" she reassured her, turning her attention towards Tryks, "Same goes for you, Tryks. If you need me, you can always find me backstage. I'll be sewing back there for everyone."

User Image

io3121

Watashi wa Hitori

Invisible Phantom

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:51 pm
User Image

As Leo thought, Benny waited, hoping his idea worked. The anticipation was agonizing, and Benny was sure the man in front of him was going to blow up at him for coming up with such a stupid idea. However, Leo seemed pleased and began listing what he expected to be done. He named Benny consultant after giving almost everyone orders. This was going well, at least from Benny's point of view.

From Tryks' point of view however, everything had just gone from bad to disaster. When Leo had called her name, she jumped, tensing even more. Hearing that she was to create music and find the singers twisted her gut, and the promised consequence for failure drained the blood from her face. That was a big task, and how was she supposed to handle it? She was only 10! As Leo left the tent, the other freaks got about what they had been ordered to do. Tryks sat in her seat, staring at the floor, trying her best to think of something. How hard could it really be? She was always thinking of ways of distracting Leo from his punishments, and finding new and creative ways of pissing off Ratt. But this was different. This had everyone's fate in it. If she made a bad song, even one, no only would she be whipped, but everyone else would get punished too.

Ratt sighed and glared at the weird half human he had been partnered with. Why would Master do that? He turned his glare to Tryks. It was her fault. She had gotten him into trouble with Leo that week and now, as punishment, he had to work with the freaks. He grumbled and grabbed Louise's hand, tugging at her to follow him, "Come on doorstop. Gotta go figure out what we can use with your fellow weirdos." he growled as he led her away.

MultiAsh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:02 pm
Maggie Wong

Louise let out a high-pitched yelp as Ratt grabbed her hand and began to drag her away. A couple of tears ran down her cheeks as she stumbled after the taller boy, "T-That isn't nice for you to say! Besides, we're supposed to be working together, not against each other," she cried out as the two left the tent. Maggie stood up from her seat, watching Louise being dragged off, her heart sinking into the pit of her stomach. There was no way she would be able to protect everyone if this idea didn't work. She looked down at Tryks, seeing the look of terror frozen on her face. She took a deep breath.

"Hey, Tryks.. There's a piano backstage, right? And paper and pens, too, right? So, why don't we work back there alongside each other?" Maggie offered, trying to ease the young girl's mind. She smiled softly at her, trying her best not to waver as though she weren't afraid, "Besides, I do need everyone's measurements if I'm making costumes. I'll help you write songs, okay?" She looked over towards Rocco and Matt, "Hey! I'll be needing you two in the back, okay? For measurements," Maggie called out to them, smiling a bit more. If it was a freak musical Leo wanted, Maggie was sure to give him the freakiest musical anyone had ever seen in their lives.

User Image

io3121

Watashi wa Hitori

Invisible Phantom

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:35 pm
User Image

Benny watched with worry as the young boy, Ratt, grabbed Louise rather roughly and led her out. He move to intervene, but then saw that Tryks seemed to be having some problems. Maggie seemed to be taking care of it though, so instead he decided to get everyone's talents and write them down. He started with Rocco, who told him exactly what Benny had expected. He could lift an abnormal amount of weight. That seemed to be the only thing, so Benny wrote it down and began thinking of ways to keep a single talent like that relevant in the show. He then went to Matt, "Do you have any talents aside from looking like an irish wolfhound?" He asked with a smile, hoping the boy wouldn't take offense to his little joke.

Tryks, hearing her name, looked at Maggie as she comforted her. She nodded at the offer to help her make songs, then slowly got to her feet and followed everyone backstage to get measurements. Everything would be okay. Maggie was going to help her. She turned and saw Benny asking Matt some questions and pondered about the boy. Who exactly was he? And why did he seem to care about them so much? Catching his eye, she raised an eyebrow as he finished up with Matt and came towards her. "Hey Tryks. I'm writing down everyone's talents. Do you have any other than contortion and knife throwing?" He asked her. She wasn't sure she should tell him, but try as she might, she couldn't find a reason not to trust him.

After a long moment of thinking, she answered, "I can see and summon spirits... and sometimes... I can sing." She had never told anyone about her love of singing, but as this was kind of a nessecity, she told Benny, and anyone else who could hear their conversation. They would probably have found out soon enough. The one problem with her singing however was that, unlike her more freakish talents, she was shy about it. When people watched the show, she could bend and throw without a thought in the world. They had come there to see a freak do freaky things. But with her singing, it gave room in a closed mind for thought. Thoughts like, 'why is this normal sounding child in the circus?' 'She sings okay, but can't she sing better?' 'Where are her parents?' It had happened before. Before she had joined the circus. When she had first run away. She shook those thoughts from her head and looked back at Benny. "That's it. I can't do anything else." She said and went to Maggie's side to be measured.

MultiAsh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:50 pm
Maggie Wong

Matt looked over and watched as Maggie walked away backstage before Benny called his name, asking him about his deformities. He took a nervous step away from him, shaking his head quickly, "I-I'm nothing special! I just look and act like a dog... I even smell and hear things that dogs can smell and hear," he answered the brown-haired boy, "Though... If you're curious about Louise's talents, her only talent is that she's really tiny for her age. She's fourteen, but she looks no older than a toddler." Matt quickly rushed backstage to get his measurements take by Maggie. He was a bit timid of anyone that wasn't a freak.

Maggie dug around for a measuring tape, as well as a slip of paper and a pencil before turning towards Rocco. She smiled up at him, "Alright, hold out your arms, okay?" she asked, holding up the measuring tape. Maggie took a deep breath as she used a fair amount of energy to lift herself into the air, wrapping it around Rocco's large chest. She glanced over to see Benny talking with Tryks as Matt scampered towards her. What could he possibly want? Sure, he had permission for the moment, since he was their consultant, but Maggie still didn't seem to know what could be going through his head.

User Image

io3121

Watashi wa Hitori

Invisible Phantom

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items