Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
Into Darkness We Walk (Arcos X Ivy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:04 pm
User Image

Now the dark begins to rise
        Save your breath, it's far from over
        Leave the lost and dead behind
        Now's your chance to run for cover

I don't want to change the world
        I just wanna leave it colder
        Light the fuse and burn it up
        Take the path that leads to nowhere

Jay wandered around in the city of Ur, its people completely unaware of the darkness that had infected their world. Animal noises could be heard over the voices of people talking and the merchants shouting out about their wares. Dust was in the air from hundreds of people moving along the drying dirt walkways, causing Jay to cough often, his throat sore and dry.

It was almost dusk, the air was cooling and soon it would be time to hunt. So far, the monsters only came out at night, they worked quietly, killing innocent people and turning them into monsters themselves. Jay didn't understand what was happening, only that in the rare instances that he witnessed a monster fighting other people, nothing seemed to hurt the monsters in the slightest, not even high-level magics.

Why does my sword work against the monster when other magic doesn't? Jay wondered, but shook the question away as he felt energy surge in the air. With a thought, he summoned his sword. Bright red orbs of energy, no bigger than a speck of dust, appeared in the air and spiraled together, building his sword from pure energy and nothingness. A second later, the cool steel rested in his hand. He was ready should he need to fight.

"Come" A strong and deep voice echoed through his head without reason.

At that instant, his sword began to glow a soft white light, energy building in the blade as the light grew brighter and brighter. People around him shouted and covered their eyes, annoyed. Then as of its own accord, the sword lifted into the air, Jay's hand holding it with crushing force. White energy erupted in a beam from the tip of the sword and blasted a few feet away. From that energy beam, a stone archway formed from nothing, solid steel double-doors rested just under the archway, their surfaces carved with glowing runes of power.

There was an internal click in his head, and then the doors began to open. Beyond the doors was a swirling blue vortex of energy. A moment later, Jay was swept of his feet and sucked into the vortex with a scream. The doors shut behind him with an audible click, then vanished once again.

Ivy Fantasy

((Sorry about the delay, been a strange week. Also, the soul-blades are keys to other worlds, and when used, they create a door to any other world. We are being summoned to a new world where we will learn the truth of what is happening and our roles in the fate of creation.

Also the swords can be summoned and dispersed at will, no one else can hold them, and if broken, then can repair themselves slowly.))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:05 pm
User Image
Lately, nothing passes lightly
A heavy hand is holding me down
A breeze is an unfamiliar sound
...to me

Lately, nothing passes by me
and every hand is pulling me down
and praise is just an unfamiliar sound
...to me.

Emma was on her way back home from class at this time, and as usual, she walked briskly and quietly. She had a long, painful walk ahead of her, as usual. Even despite all that had been happening recently, it seemed as if her days still went by as normal. It was another day with her, walking during a sunset she couldn't enjoy, her head hung low to avoid any possible eye contact or unwanted attention. Another day where people whispered as they passed, musing on what dark spells she was cooking up. The irony of it all, was that the people blamed her for the appearance of these monsters, even when she had publicly fought them. She knew deep down, that they knew she was protecting them. After all, no one had shot her yet even when she appeared in the same place as the odd creatures. Or perhaps it was just because her blade was more effective than thier bullets. As usual, what little good she'd done for the world was used and abused, and then tossed aside with no credit to her.

She lifted her left hand only slightly and looked at it. Remembering the blade that had been in it only a night ago. For some reason she felt at ease... happy even, just having it in hand. It was if her burdens lifted as she lifted it, it was such an odd feeling to her. She closed her hand, sighed, and dropped it. Her time would come soon anyway. In her lack of attention, she barely bumped into a man as she passed him, who then proceeded to shout obscenities at her. She held a straight face the whole time, staring him directly in the eyes. Soon, unnerved by her empty red glare, he stopped and stared, frozen in fear. " As I thought, all talk," she thought to herself as she stared him down.

"Come" A light yet firm voice echoed through her head without reason.

She was surprised to say the least and almost accidentally a faint black wind swirled around her left hand, condensing and expanding until in it's wake appeared a eerie, black sword. Her surprise lasted a moment more, only to be replaced by a faint smile. The man who had been yelling at her panicked and began to call out for help after seeing the sword, obviously thinking she was about to turn it on him. her blade glowed a faint purple as it practically drank the fear radiating from those around her. She would have laughed if she had actually meant to summon it. Suddenly, the purple glow intensified and faded to white, a color she'd never seen on it. It then began to lift itself, and Emma with it, who was now holding on with both hands to keep from dropping it. White energy bursted from the blade and converged on a single point out of the way of the commotion, summoning a stone archway sporting pure steel double doors. "What the hell?" she asked no one in particular as she floated there for a moment. She was then dropped flat on her a**. Emma only had a moment to think upon her sword acting on its own before the door opened, revealing a large red vortex that sucked her in a moment later.

She went in without a sound and the door slammed shut behind her disappearing a second later. She tried to remain calm, but this only worked so well. She was still confused to no end and yet, something within her was excited. Maybe it was just the prospect of her boring daily routine being interrupted by something so over-the-top.

DragonSlayer Arcos
It's fine, though I'd prefer if you appeared online more often. I can never tell when you're actually here o-o;

Ivy Fantasy

Beloved Phantom

11,725 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:43 am
User Image

Everything was dark for several seconds, then a bright light illuminated the darkness. There was no sounds, even though Jay was screaming. Then the bright light faded away, and Jay slowly came to his senses, he was on the ground, his back sore as if he had fallen on it. thinking on that fact, he probably had, and passed out for a few minutes. Yeah, that was it, that whole gate and vortex thing had been a result of head trauma or something...

Animal sounds could be heard through Jay's ringing ears, and he looked around. He was in a forest like setting. Huge trees surrounded him, none were shorter than 200 feet by 75 feet wide. The ground beneath him was black, and smelt of decaying leaves. Sunlight filtered in through the distant canopy, though it wasn't very strong, sending the land into twilight. I'm definitely not in Ur anymore. Jay thought, then the rustle of leaves caught his attention and he looked around for the source. A small creature fluttered out of the bushes covering a good deal of the visible ground.

The creature was white as snow, small, with four delicate wings and two scrawny legs. Golden feathers lined the insides of its wings, and a small tuft of the gold feathers sprouted from the crown of its head. Its beak was delicate and its eyes were pure blue, though tiny white lines flashed through them like lightning every once in a while. The creature twittered and shot for Jay.

He took a step back, raising his hands to protect his face, but nothing happened. A moment later, the little creature settled down on his shoulder, twittering lightly and nipping at his ear. "Well what are you supposed to be? And where am I for that matter?" Jay asked the little creature, but it just looked at him with curious eyes.

Ivy Fantasy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:18 pm
User Image
...to me

...to me.

Emma fell for what felt like an eternity. She had no sights nor sounds to go by as to how long she had been falling, or how far. However, she didn't feel as if she were falling down or gaining velocity as much as she felt herself falling forward. Just them she was met with another bright light and a moment later she found herself face down in an unknown glade.

To say that the tree here were huge was an understatement. They barely let any sunlight, weak as it already was, through, casting a shadow over the area, only outdone by the blackened earth beneath her. Despite the splitting pain in her head, she stood and wandered about, wanting to know more about where she was. This didn't look anything like Isariu or, a city at all for that matter. She smiled at the thought. she was anywhere but home, how convenient.

She wandered about for quite a while through underbrush and foliage before she came to another clearing, following what looked to be a bird. It was rather beautiful, sporting white and gold feathers. She'd never seen a bird like it. Her musings were interrupted by the sight of a man, upon whom the bird had decided to perch. She stopped for a moment and locked eyes with him. She wasn't in Isariu anymore, so she had a good reason to trust him more than the usual bystander, and yet, she was still on edge, just because of her usual dealings with people. That, and she had no idea who he was or what he was doing there. It didn't help that the two were in a forest out in the middle of nowhere.

DragonSlayer Arcos
[  

Ivy Fantasy

Beloved Phantom

11,725 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:01 pm
User Image

Jay was preoccupied with the small bird like creature that he missed the girl appearing from the surrounding forest. When he did see her, he started, and instinctively called for his sword, which materialized immediately. The four cross-guards opened and the blade was engulfed in blue fire before he even had a chance to think. Getting his thoughts together, he looked at the girl. She was slender, with brown hair and pale skin, but what caught his attention most was the red of her eyes, though muted in the twilight they may have been, he could still see their ominous color.

"Are you the one that brought me here?" Jay asked, pointing his flaming sword at the girl, at the act, the bird jumped of his shoulder and began twittering while flying around the girl.

Ivy Fantasy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:56 pm
User Image
...to me

...to me.

While he stood occipied with the bird she took a moment to size up the man. He was muscular, but of an average build. He was a bit taller than her, but he seemed to be around her age, maybe a little older. He could definitely pose a threat, but he didn't seem outright dangerous.

Just then her turned his attention to her and in an instant he summoned a sword almost juxtaposed in color to hers and summoned a blue flame to cloak it. She wasn't sure what was going on but she responded in kind before answering his question, summoning her sword in a swirl of dark wind, similar to that of a darkspawn appearing, to her left hand to be held in a defensive position. It sported a purple glow, reacting to both of thier fear and confusion. She briefly took a moment to gently push the bird aside before responding, " No, in fact, I was kinda hoping you lived here."

She held a glare in his direction. It was not a look of malice, but one of determination. She wouldn't fight if she could avoid it, but she wanted to make sure he knew there'd be no mercy should a fight break out. " Friend or Foe? Speak quickly." she was attempting to define the situation before anything got out of hand.

DragonSlayer Arcos
Her blade uses the same type of corruption the darkspawn are made from so... plenty of room for misunderstanding there biggrin

Ivy Fantasy

Beloved Phantom

11,725 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:40 pm
User Image

Jay watched with stunned fascination as the girl summoned a sword too, though it looked much more sinister than his did, especially when the blade started to glow purple. Jay didn't know what to do, so he kept his sword ready to defend himself should the need arise, though it seemed the girl thinking much the same as he. "No I don't live here, I don't even know where here is." Jay said.

"My my, you've just arrived and you both have already found each other. Excellent." A voice said from behind Jay. "You don't need those swords out right now, so lets put them away shall we?" Then there was a snap, and Jay's sword burst disintegrate against his will.

Jay was again stunned, unable to think for a moment. Then he tried to resummon his sword, but nothing happened. He whirled around to see a short man standing just past the tree. He was around three feet tall, wearing a tan robe with a rope tied around the waist. The hood of the robs was up, concealing his face in shadows, though snow white hair fell down the front of his robe in a straight and well kept beard...maybe. In his right hand, a walking stick we grasped, the stick was easily twice the height of its holder.

"Welcome to Auron Jaymes McGarrett and Emma Flinch. I have been waiting for you to arrive for a long time."

Ivy Fantasy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 pm
User Image
...to me

...to me.

Well that confirmed quite a few things, though he said one sentence. Though neither one of them seemed ready to drop thier guard, the sentiment was shared that both had been brought here and neither one knew where the hell they were. As frustrating as it was to admit, Emma knew she was burning the bridge with possibly the only ally she could have in the area. "He started it..." she thought to herself.

Just then she heard a voice from behind the young man. A moment later her sword disappeared into a puff of black smoke without her permission. She stood confused for a moment, wondering where it had went. Her expression slowly drooped as the negative feelings flowed back into her. She wasn't sure who or what this old man was, but he had a definite power over her and this Auron guy, that she could tell. " Waiting? More like dragged us here." she remarked coldly. "Just who are you? And how do you know our names?" She had about 5 more questions but she stopped there to let the old man answer.

DragonSlayer Arcos

Ivy Fantasy

Beloved Phantom

11,725 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers