• Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:22 pm
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

They can treat you like s**t, and you can't do anything about it. They can lie about you and risk your job if they want. I have had customers be sexually harassing me and being disgusting and I can't say a word.

Seriously?? Ugh, and your boss wouldn't do anything even if you reported the sexual harrassment? stressed
"The customer is always right" has always been ridiculous in my eyes.
I'm going to work in a store that is generally targeted towards mature women, so at least there's a lower chance of harassment to that point... hopefully.

The manager can't do much if they complain to the office, and even if they review the tapes and audio, the customer can still get away with it. sad

Guess they're trying to avoid any controversy or conflict, but still, that's no excuse. Not cool. You say that by personal experience?
...Wish me luck. User Image

Well, that and that behavior is seem as acceptable her, I live in not only the bible belt but a small hickville town. Don't get me wrong I love the town, but it has a LOT of faults.
Good luck <3

Ohhh I see! Care to go into detail? User Image
It went really well today! Lots of respect for my manager, who is so friendly, knowledgeable and easy to chat with. The work itself was doable too.

I just wrote a large reply but gaia didn't post it.I

I will try to shorten it because I am not typing all that out, but about 90% of the regular customers especially the male ones, but the females too. I just get things done to me that would not happen to a male co-worker, and I believe a lot of people deal with these things, but I feel like it might happen worst because of my location. If this makes more sense I live in Florida, and I actually love where I live when it comes in terms of location, and I don't socialize with people so that helps.

I get questioned a lot in terms of my job, and this happens to other female co-workers, however when we are questioned the customers turn to the male co-worker for the "right" answer, even all the females at this job has been here longer than all the male co-workers expect for the male manager, and the new female coworker. We are interrupted a lot when explaining something, because it's okay to be sexist and disrespectful to us, because to them we are 2nd handed citizens. Or when us females are explaining something they will interrupt us and explain the "right" way. They can make disgusting comments about our bodies and make us feel uncomfortable, but nothing can be done about it feel we aren't in danger. It's okay for male co-workers to have children or not have children and be at work, but if your a women and you work a lot then the customers disrespect you because your not having children like it's women's job too do. and your not at home. If I do my job and am nice to the customers like I am suppose to, than I am flirting and they use that as an excuse to sexually harass me, force their phone numbers, and make me uncomfortable. I can even say, I have a boyfriend, I am a lesbian, etc and they do not care. I know I talk a lot wiht my co-workers or complain with them, customers especially male ones with jump in the convo, say women talk too much, women all they do is complain, you say this because your a women, or talk over me, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:07 am
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

The manager can't do much if they complain to the office, and even if they review the tapes and audio, the customer can still get away with it. sad

Guess they're trying to avoid any controversy or conflict, but still, that's no excuse. Not cool. You say that by personal experience?
...Wish me luck. User Image

Well, that and that behavior is seem as acceptable her, I live in not only the bible belt but a small hickville town. Don't get me wrong I love the town, but it has a LOT of faults.
Good luck <3

Ohhh I see! Care to go into detail? User Image
It went really well today! Lots of respect for my manager, who is so friendly, knowledgeable and easy to chat with. The work itself was doable too.

I just wrote a large reply but gaia didn't post it.I

I will try to shorten it because I am not typing all that out, but about 90% of the regular customers especially the male ones, but the females too. I just get things done to me that would not happen to a male co-worker, and I believe a lot of people deal with these things, but I feel like it might happen worst because of my location. If this makes more sense I live in Florida, and I actually love where I live when it comes in terms of location, and I don't socialize with people so that helps.

I get questioned a lot in terms of my job, and this happens to other female co-workers, however when we are questioned the customers turn to the male co-worker for the "right" answer, even all the females at this job has been here longer than all the male co-workers expect for the male manager, and the new female coworker. We are interrupted a lot when explaining something, because it's okay to be sexist and disrespectful to us, because to them we are 2nd handed citizens. Or when us females are explaining something they will interrupt us and explain the "right" way. They can make disgusting comments about our bodies and make us feel uncomfortable, but nothing can be done about it feel we aren't in danger. It's okay for male co-workers to have children or not have children and be at work, but if your a women and you work a lot then the customers disrespect you because your not having children like it's women's job too do. and your not at home. If I do my job and am nice to the customers like I am suppose to, than I am flirting and they use that as an excuse to sexually harass me, force their phone numbers, and make me uncomfortable. I can even say, I have a boyfriend, I am a lesbian, etc and they do not care. I know I talk a lot wiht my co-workers or complain with them, customers especially male ones with jump in the convo, say women talk too much, women all they do is complain, you say this because your a women, or talk over me, etc.

gg gaia.
That blatant racism is making me mad in so many ways. We still have a long way to go until we're treated and viewed as equally as our male counterparts. Your story isn't uncommon either, but people refuse to believe when females say that they experience sexism in their everyday lives. It's such a big part of our culture, like I can't believe people still think a woman's priority should be focusing on raising kids?? User Image
Oh that reminds me, I saw this post today and found it quite interesting. Thoughts?  

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:21 pm
Earyn
I have nowhere else to say this, so I just need to rant a bit. I HATE my job. The work is okay enough, but the people I work with make it horrible! I make disposable grill toppers and my arms look like I cut myself xp But the people I work with want me to go faster than I can. I'm not a freaking machine! The quota for each day, by the way, is 100 boxes which is a total of 5400 toppers (not including those that get messed up). And they curse WAY too much! It being a factory job is NO EXCUSE! Plus they talk about stuff all the time that is TMI. I don't want to hear what happens in the bathroom! Ugh! And I'm the only one who doesn't smoke there, so if there's anything to second-hand-smoke then I'm doomed. The people actually make me hate my community! gonk At least everyone gets laid off temporarily in July. I'm not going back! McDonald's pays more even stressed

Not related, but also annoying is my ex who is in denial about us getting back together and thinks we should still be close, so he whines about me not talking everyday. xp

Anyway, to any who read this, thanks for reading and sorry for any bother it may cause.

Don't work for McDonald's you will not like it.
I was harassed by two female managers who didn't like me.
They also cut my hours down to 4 hours each week it was horrible.
Try Walmart but yeah Walmart is challenging kinda if you can do it then good for you.
I do CBLs and also Pathways when I go on the floor and be a Sales Associate.
You get good pay like 400 a week for part time 25 hours I do.
30 hours you get 500 - 600 I heard.
Try it out. smile

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas