Reply 33. ✿ - - - Parenting
Bout to be a mom HELP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:34 pm
OK so i am 17 (please no hate i get it a lot)
i am 31 weeks pregnant and i am engaged with a man who has 3 kids already
i need help I'm terrified like i have no idea what to do when i go into labor or
anything. X.X I've read about breastfeeding and stuff and that they sleep a lot for the first month but I'm still scared for some reason (yet i was not when i decided i wanted a baby) maybe this just sounds funny but could someone give me some advice please XC  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:43 pm
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako
i need help I'm terrified like i have no idea what to do when i go into labor or
anything. X.X I've read about breastfeeding and stuff and that they sleep a lot for the first month but I'm still scared for some reason (yet i was not when i decided i wanted a baby) maybe this just sounds funny but could someone give me some advice please XC

First up, Congrats on being engaged.
I can try to give you some ideas and suggestions if you would like. Any questions you get, feel free to PM me.
As for your question about Labor, get to the hospital right away. I had a baby drown because my water didn't break when it was time for her to be born so, I don't want that to happen to you. Yes they sleep a lot for a while at first. Eat and sleep is about all they understand for a long while, but eventually they will learn how to walk and talk. *once this happens, its almost impossible to get them to sit down and shut up!* Oh and I was wondering, do you know if its a boy or girl?  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:16 am
Starphyr
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

I can try to give you some ideas and suggestions if you would like. Any questions you get, feel free to PM me.
As for your question about Labor, get to the hospital right away. I had a baby drown because my water didn't break when it was time for her to be born so, I don't want that to happen to you. Yes they sleep a lot for a while at first. Eat and sleep is about all they understand for a long while, but eventually they will learn how to walk and talk. *once this happens, its almost impossible to get them to sit down and shut up!* Oh and I was wondering, do you know if its a boy or girl?

its a boy :3 his name will be vincent. i live right next to a hospital so getting there wont be a problem XD my fiancee wants to hold him for the first month when we sleep (because of bonding or something like that) and im kinda worried that i might roll on him tho im a light sleeper. what do you think i should do?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:32 pm
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako
Starphyr
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

its a boy :3 his name will be vincent. i live right next to a hospital so getting there wont be a problem XD my fiancee wants to hold him for the first month when we sleep (because of bonding or something like that) and im kinda worried that i might roll on him tho im a light sleeper. what do you think i should do?
I understand that fear. Personally, I don't think that holding him at your bed time is a good idea as opposed to just having his crib nearby, but during the day, it is good for both of you to hold the baby, often taking turns.  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:43 am
Starphyr
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako
Starphyr
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

I understand that fear. Personally, I don't think that holding him at your bed time is a good idea as opposed to just having his crib nearby, but during the day, it is good for both of you to hold the baby, often taking turns.

HEHE ill try i told him getting me to part with vincent even for a second is gonna be hard unless im asleep  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:50 pm
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

Congratulations on being pregnant and so far ahead *nods*

To be honest i would strongly oppose to your little one not sleeping in his crib. Without intending to scare you , i have ready a few articles stating that sleeping in his crib, on his back without any other things in there, not even a teddy bear is the safest way to reduce your chances of sudden death syndrome. Why sleep with his baby when he can pamper him the rest of the day? If he wants to bond with him he can always hold him in his hug when he is not sleeping...i heard that bare skin to skin contact helps a lot too.  

Irina96

Quotable Singing

13,675 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:12 pm
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako
Starphyr
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako
Starphyr
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

HEHE ill try i told him getting me to part with vincent even for a second is gonna be hard unless im asleep
I understand. I was the same with Rinnona but eventually I realized that its impractical to hold them all the time. lol. I rarely even let my brother hold her when he would visit. Now she clings to him like they are magnetic every time he comes over!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:45 pm
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako
Starphyr
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

You can purchase a co-sleeper either right next to your bed so all he has to do is reach over and hold him at night, or you can get one that you place in bed that prevents you from rolling over him (unless you are an extremely heavy sleeper it's almost impossible to do so). We had a co-sleeper and I loved it - we moved to a pack-n-play and finally had him in his own room by four months. He could always just cuddle with him shirtless before bed time for bonding - my husband still does that with our five month old. Babies generally sleep better when not sharing the same bed with the parents, anyway.

You're lucky to live near the hospital! Start your prenatal appointments now for your health and also your baby's. We attended a birthing and breastfeeding class. We applied for a scholarship through the hospital and it was 100% free. It's not all breathing techniques for labor (which I never used, anyway, since I had the epidural early and my nurse guided me through pushing - I was totally pain-free and happy the whole time). It will help to get to know the L&D staff before you go in, too. My nurses knew me by name and that made it a whole lot less awkward when I had a mental break down because I couldn't figure out how to hold my baby while nursing lmao.

You're young, yeah, but you will grow up a whole lot faster than your friends. I no longer fit in with the under 25 old crowd, since most of them are single and kid-free. I hang out with 30 somethings, mostly, because I am more focused on my career and family than having a good time.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items