Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
You don't believe in god but do you believe in someone else? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Perfundo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:52 am
I used to be Pagan. I'd just like to point out that they believe in many gods/goddesses. It can be egyptian ones like Isis, or greek ones like Athena, or any other culture's gods. It just depends on the personal preference of the Pagan. They normally do a meditation to determine which god/goddess speaks to them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:04 pm
the word pagan is accually a synonym of "cur" or "lowly person" and is a term applied to most nonm-ortganised or nature worshiping religions. It basically means that what a person believes in isn't mainstream, but astricter definition would be contradictory to many of the pagan religions.

i myself am not so atheist as I am secular, meaning I don't really think it matters what someone's religion is, but i do believe that there should only be seperation of religion and politics, but that religion should be seperated from social and economic aspects as well. religion shouldn't be a factor in the running of our culture and desiscions shouldn't be based upon Religion when they effect multiple people because not everyone's religion is the same.

my fingers are tired sweatdrop  

linkoman20x6

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:11 am
linkoman20x6
the word pagan is accually a synonym of "cur" or "lowly person" and is a term applied to most nonm-ortganised or nature worshiping religions. It basically means that what a person believes in isn't mainstream, but astricter definition would be contradictory to many of the pagan religions.

i myself am not so atheist as I am secular, meaning I don't really think it matters what someone's religion is, but i do believe that there should only be seperation of religion and politics, but that religion should be seperated from social and economic aspects as well. religion shouldn't be a factor in the running of our culture and desiscions shouldn't be based upon Religion when they effect multiple people because not everyone's religion is the same.

my fingers are tired sweatdrop
Though to my dismay our government has a great deal of religion in it.
"Under god."
"So help me god."
Stating which type of atheist, I'm not quite sure the exact name, but I don't support humans over other animals, stuff like that. Not much of a humanist, though not an a-humanist.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:26 pm
Cloud0.0Strife
Like pagans. I can't remember who it is that they believe in though. but anyway who here believes in domething other than god?

uhhhh Dude Atheism isnt the desbeleif in 'God' its the beleive in all super natural and spiritual beings
all dieties  

Veinlash

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:33 pm
Godless Heathen
Cloud0.0Strife
Like pagans. I can't remember who it is that they believe in though. but anyway who here believes in domething other than god?

uhhhh Dude Atheism isnt the desbeleif in 'God' its the beleive in all super natural and spiritual beings
all dieties
Though I had a bit of trouble understanding your post, I think you said something along the lines of, "Atheism is the belief in all supernatural and spiritual beings." Here is the dictionary's definition:

Atheism
–noun
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

However, did you mix up paganism with atheism? If so I am sorry if I misunderstood you and would advise you to proof-read your posts.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:02 pm
[Weird Al]
I "belive" in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's fun being smarter than everyone around me.

Damn lack of pirates...causing global warming...*grumble*

Anyway, I guess that I would put more into nature. Not saying that I worship nature...I don't know what I really believe. All I know is that I don't believe in the Gods of the three major monotheistic religions(which is the same god whether they like it or not), or zeus, or thor, or even any of the hindu gods. I just don't. So, for now, I side with Atheists. I like the politics and the heavy emphasis on science...and I think Richard Dawkins is kinda hot sweatdrop heart mrgreen  

Gabrielle Proctor

~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces