Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:38 pm
Eh, I've always pondered the idea of creating a "bucket list," but didn't really have anything to put on it until now. So I guess I'll finally start. razz

~> Run one of those 48-hour Relay for Life tracks.

~> Self-publish something. A collection of short stories, a novella, a full-blown book...anything. I just want a solid volume I can hold in my hands and say "I WROTE DIS."

~> Speak at a TED Talk or some other large-scale public presentation event. Something I can look back at and say "I SAID DAT." xd ((MIGHT be accomplishing this one during this semester!))

~> Build my own custom computer from scratch.

~> See The Killers in concert.

~> Visit Japan, England and maybe either Thailand or India. Germany would be a bonus.

More to come in due time... ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:55 pm
for publishing have you thought about trying to get on your schools engineering paper? Not sure if they have one, but my school had one that usually puts funny articles together and such.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:02 pm
cool4
for publishing have you thought about trying to get on your schools engineering paper? Not sure if they have one, but my school had one that usually puts funny articles together and such.

We don't have anything like that... we're far too tiny of a school for that. All we've got is a half-assed student newspaper that I worked for briefly last year. The pay was awful for how much time I wasted, so I quit. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:58 pm
I'm totally with you when it comes to publishing something I've written, whether I do it through a publishing company or self-publishing. While I've been on several school newspapers and attempted to get something published in the university's literary journal ((never did)), having something solid and physical that I can hold and even see on my family and friend's bookshelves would be fantastic.

Our library is actually having a workshop event in a couple weeks called "Becoming Your Own Publisher". A couple folks from a local publishing company is speaking to us to give us the tools and guidance necessary to become our own successful publishers.
Being a writer and an aspiring author, it's definitely right up my alley. It should be interesting to see what I learn.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers