Lesbian with a boyfriend?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dazed Poppet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:38 pm
Hello all :3

I just wanted your guys' thoughts and opinions on something. So I identify as a lesbian. Like, I'm both romantically and sexually attracted to women. Women are amazing. I love 'em. BUT I'm very very very in love with a man. Him and I have been dating for nearly two years and are thinking about getting married. To me, it makes perfect sense that I can identify as a lesbian whilst in a relationship with a man. But I have a lot of trouble explaining it to others. No one seems to really understand.

Does it make sense to any of you? Does my love for a guy cancel out my lesbian identity? Any thoughts and opinions are much appreciated <3

OH and merry christmas / happy holidays biggrin <3  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:44 am
Just wanted to ask a clarification, do you mean you are sexually attracted to women? If so, how about with men?  

TheDarkest_DayInMay

Blessed Phantom

kit vixen

Wilderness Kitten

11,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:06 am
I think it makes sense that you are sexually attracted to women yet in love with a man--these are two distinct things but they are not mutually exclusive. Not everyone is as open-minded as I am, but I believe you can identify with whatever feels true to you without it "canceling out."

I know it's challenging to explain this to others as it sounds confusing. But when you break it down like I did, it seems possible. I have a difficult time explaining my sexuality to people (I don't identify as lesbian but I am more attracted to women than men, and I am currently in love with a man), so I try not to dwell on it. You do you. heart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:41 pm
I think its fine and also if you guys do get married I would like to say and early Congrats!  

comickit

Phantom

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:02 pm
                        I don't think it cancels out your identity. Sexual identity is a very fluid thing IMO.

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games