Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:58 pm
In hopes that it will calm me down and lift my spirits.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:12 pm
Talking with hubbie seems to be turning the trick better than the cocoa.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:07 pm
What's wrong?

I want cocoa. Can't have cocoa now. Blah.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:27 pm
Mama Ame
What's wrong?

I want cocoa. Can't have cocoa now. Blah.

That article really bugged me.

Can you have sugar-free stuff? I'm sure there's gotta be sugar-free hot cocoa...  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:31 pm
sad I'm sorry. Where did you read it? And it's not true. But I can understand that people's ignorance is upsetting.

I would be okay with splenda sweetened things in moderation. Stevia is also good but that's mostly in all natural things. I stay away from aspartame though.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:35 pm
Mama Ame
sad I'm sorry. Where did you read it? And it's not true. But I can understand that people's ignorance is upsetting.

I would be okay with splenda sweetened things in moderation. Stevia is also good but that's mostly in all natural things. I stay away from aspartame though.

It was on fb. Actually Jackelope liked Part 1, but Part 2 got hella homophobic/transphobic.

Okay, well that's good I suppose. At least enough to take the edge off over the next 13 weeks. smile  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:56 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame

It was on fb. Actually Jackelope liked Part 1, but Part 2 got hella homophobic/transphobic.

Okay, well that's good I suppose. At least enough to take the edge off over the next 13 weeks. smile

I didn't see it.

Actually I don't know if I still have him on my FB.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:40 pm
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame

I didn't see it.

Wouldn't blame you if you didn't. They're kinda sparse on here and they were more my mom's friend than mine. I mean, my mom and brother actually met them, but of course during that visit they wouldn't have dared let on they were genderfluid to my family. neutral  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:43 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame

I didn't see it.

Wouldn't blame you if you didn't. They're kinda sparse on here and they were more my mom's friend than mine. I mean, my mom and brother actually met them, but of course during that visit they wouldn't have dared let on they were genderfluid to my family. neutral

I'm tired of people acting like total asshats over gender.

My friend's daughter (er...son now?) is showing signs of being transgendered. They took him (using his preferred gender) to a therapist to see what he had to say and the therapist basically said to treat him how he wanted to be treated. It could be a phase. It could be transgendered.

So my friend has accepted this and loves her child. But her mom? "You're just playing into her whims. She's a girl. Stop calling her a boy."

Ughhhhhhhhh  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:46 pm
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame

I didn't see it.

My friend's daughter (er...son now?) is showing signs of being transgendered. They took him (using his preferred gender) to a therapist to see what he had to say and the therapist basically said to treat him how he wanted to be treated. It could be a phase. It could be transgendered.

So my friend has accepted this and loves her child. But her mom? "You're just playing into her whims. She's a girl. Stop calling her a boy."

Ughhhhhhhhh

I know someone who's not gonna care much for his grandma. razz

But that actually makes me really happy. That someone would get support growing up, rather than having to be closeted and wait to be an adult to make their own decisions against that of their parents. How old is the kid?  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:51 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame

I didn't see it.

Ughhhhhhhhh

But that actually makes me really happy. That someone would get support growing up, rather than having to be closeted and wait to be an adult to make their own decisions against that of their parents. How old is the kid?

Oh lord...I think 5? Maybe 6. Between the ages of 4-6.

And my friend admits that she is said that her daughter is now her son and no longer wants to be called by her girl name. Which is understandable. As supportive as I would be for any of my children to be transgendered I would still feel a bit of loss for the change if that makes any sense.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:00 pm
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame

I didn't see it.

Ughhhhhhhhh

Oh lord...I think 5? Maybe 6. Between the ages of 4-6.

And my friend admits that she is said that her daughter is now her son and no longer wants to be called by her girl name. Which is understandable. As supportive as I would be for any of my children to be transgendered I would still feel a bit of loss for the change if that makes any sense.

I admit I don't really get it, cuz to me I've always been this way and it feels like there hasn't been a change in who I am. The only difference I feel is that I'm finally standing up for myself and what I want. But I know the phenomenon exists cuz of the talks I've had with my psychologist about my mom. Like she was grieving over the death of her daughter. It isn't that I've died, it's that her false perception of me has died. But she loved that false-me more than real-me. *sigh*  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:04 am
It's complicated. So so complicated.