Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:40 pm
So apparently my entire family thinks I'm pissed off at all of them.

Here is what happened. My cousins (who are sisters and have son's fairly close to the same age) have decided to get them Baptized together. My family is very Catholic. My grandma commented on the status saying "Now all the babies will be in God's big book!"

I haven't gotten Alex Baptized. And really the only reason I got Olivia Baptized was because it was important to the family and they were around, not because I really believe in it.

So yesterday (without realizing about my cousins statuses) I wrote a status of my own that read "All the babies!" because one friend of mine had her son yesterday and another announced the pregnancy. So I was excited for so much good baby news on one day. But apparently everyone in my family read that wrong and thought it was some passive aggressive jab at them.

And I'm like "No....."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:43 pm
In response to the thread's title:

User Image

In response to the thread's context:

Always an awkward situation when someone misreads something you posted, especially when its family members. I know I've had a few occasions like that myself where I just posted something in general manner, with no particular stance one way or another... and then certain family members decide to leave comments on it and make a whole big debate about it. talk2hand Sort of a dangerous thing sometimes when a majority of my Mom's family are fairly conservative... and then my friends and acquaintances are a bunch of open-minded folks. So the debates can get a bit heated if it doesn't get resolved or I put a stop to it. eek  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:48 am
I don't even follow their logic... o_O  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:36 pm
Zphal
I don't even follow their logic... o_O

I know the feeling. I deal with quite a few people at the theater that say things and I'm just standing there mentally going...

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash