Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:35 pm
so I don't have to have period pain anymore... crying Mother nature can be very mean.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:37 pm
I never had bad cramps until I got post partum periods. It's horrible. It'll be a while before I have another one but I totally get how you feel.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:39 pm
Have you thought about birth control? I know not everyone is comfortable with synthetic hormones so I wasn't sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:42 pm
Is it expensive? I'm not so worried about synthetics as I am price.  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:53 pm
It really just depends on your insurance. Do you have a Planned Parenthood near you? A lot of times they'll give out free or low cost birth control depending on your finances. I think you'd have to have an examine and all of that first though. And yes you can get it if you are not sexually active.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:44 pm
I know EXACTLY how you feel.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:24 pm
Mama Ame
It really just depends on your insurance. Do you have a Planned Parenthood near you? A lot of times they'll give out free or low cost birth control depending on your finances. I think you'd have to have an examine and all of that first though. And yes you can get it if you are not sexually active.

^ This. From what I know of Planned Parenthood, they are awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:15 pm
Cramps suck. gonk

Although I'm admittedly very lucky... over the years, my periods have actually gotten less bad than when I first started menstruating. I had a couple days my sophomore year of high school when I had cramps so bad I literally couldn't stand up straight, but then senior year happend and I guess my body decided to get lazy just like my work ethic. xd Ever since, my periods have been ridiculously light. I barely bleed at all. Only have cramps the first day. No birth control or any kind of artificial hormones that would be affecting it. I told my doctor about it wondering if it was a problem, but all she said was "Wow, you're lucky!"  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:24 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Cramps suck. gonk

Although I'm admittedly very lucky... over the years, my periods have actually gotten less bad than when I first started menstruating. I had a couple days my sophomore year of high school when I had cramps so bad I literally couldn't stand up straight, but then senior year happend and I guess my body decided to get lazy just like my work ethic. xd Ever since, my periods have been ridiculously light. I barely bleed at all. Only have cramps the first day. No birth control or any kind of artificial hormones that would be affecting it. I told my doctor about it wondering if it was a problem, but all she said was "Wow, you're lucky!"

That's actually really common! Your body eventually understands what the hell is happening each month, so your periods aren't quite as intense.

That's why after a woman has a baby (especially if she breastfeeds and it's gone for an extended period of time) it can feel really intense/have bad bleeding.

I never really had cramps before I had the girls. Now? Yeah. I'm dying. And the bathroom looks like the set of a slaughter film.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:41 pm
Mama Ame
Hiddochi wolf
Cramps suck. gonk

That's actually really common! Your body eventually understands what the hell is happening each month, so your periods aren't quite as intense.

That's why after a woman has a baby (especially if she breastfeeds and it's gone for an extended period of time) it can feel really intense/have bad bleeding.

I never really had cramps before I had the girls. Now? Yeah. I'm dying. And the bathroom looks like the set of a slaughter film.
It just doesn't seem normal, but I guess that's because I'm surrounded by women who all have notoriously awful periods in comparison. My mother got her period at 10 years old, and her cramps were so bad every month that they were equivalent to beginning-level labor pains. And that stayed with her all the way up until basically now, when she's starting menopause at 48. Since my periods were so intense when I was younger, I assumed I was going to follow the same basic pattern as her. sweatdrop

It's always funny hearing my friends complain about how bad their periods are, and there I am standing coyly in the corner like, "Welp, I've bled maybe a tablespoon's worth all day, and either that was a cramp earlier or I ate something contaminated with wheat..." xd

The bloating is still full-force with me, though. And that gets annoying. I feel super fat during the actual period, then piss out the 6th Great Lake once it's over. xP  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:55 pm
Mama Ame
And the bathroom looks like the set of a slaughter film.

That was some pretty intense imagery. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:58 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Cramps suck. gonk

Mine are light generally as long as I'm physically active. It behooves me to exercise. Working the rollercoaster made things pretty easy this year, except for two or three doozies.

But yeah, a day of cramps, two days of bleeding and it VANISHES WITHOUT A TRACE...!

Even the really bad ones have been over quick, it's just that the pain level was considerably higher. x_x

Being a man with a period gives a person some interesting perspective, I will say. 3nodding xd  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:00 pm
Hiddochi: That's how I was. Except mine was heavy the first day, but after that it was barely nothing. I didn't cramp. I bloated though.

Z: I know xd  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff